• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
By changing the description in GPC, it was moved to the top. The Forum does that, so no we arn't declining :D

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I don't exactly understand why it went down one, but it doesn't really matter, as long as there's still a challenges forum, right? :D

Which brings me to my next order of business, is that I've thought of a pseudo-challenge I could do which could be fun. I say pseudo since the idea would either string off or appear to be quite similar to the Zodiac challenge, but I would call it the godly challenge. It's quite simple really. You pick some gods, whether they be greek, egyptian etc. or let someone else pick them for you, and you go choose your Pokemon from there. For example choosing someone like Isis, the god of wealth and prosperity would translate into training Pokemon which need the full 1,640,000 experience mark. It would be different for every god, but I think it could work. :)

Years
This kind of reminds me of the terribly executed idea to beat the games with the mons that most resemble Loki's children that I had a while ago. Iirc I divided it into three solos for some reason, and then only finished two.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
I've never challenged UMC, but I don't see why you couldn't restart it unless the creator of the thread says you can't. How could it be impossible for you anyway? :/

It's not techinically impossible, but I feel I would just be better off restarting.

Why would you be unable to restart? As long as you beat the challenge, you get credit for beating the challenge.

I was just making sure there wasn't an unspoken rule that said I couldn't restart just the Johto section of an Ultimate Monotype.

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
hey guys, i'd like some advice on my normal monotype on Ruby. I currently have Whismur, Linoone and Taillow. The other options I am looking at are Zangoose and Girafarig. I think I need Exploud for his Special Atack capabilities, and Swellow for flying capabilities, but I really only want 4 main team members. Linoone isn't very good for anything besides speed, and Zangoose has high Attack (along with Swords Dance) but is slow, although he is very easy to train. Girafarig has decent attack and special attack, as well as access to Earthquake (as does Exploud, but Flamethrower will be run with him). Im looking ahead to the Elite Four and Steven here. Probably should have done Emerald to avoid that, but Zangoose isn't in there, and I like a challenge.

Thoughts? Also, what about Slaking?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
If I were you I think I'd go with Girafarig. The good special attack will help you later in the game with Psychic and stuff, and with you mentioning Earthquake support it could go well with Steven. :/

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I strongly recommend Slaking, if you can tolerate that horrible ability. He'd be a good one to teach Earthquake to as well. Girafarig wouldn't be a great contender for E-Quake. But if you decide you can't go with that ability, then I suggest giving Earthquake to Exploud instead. Seriously, Girafarig with Earthquake...I don't remember seeing a Girafarig with high attack stats, but then again, I've only used one like...one time. So meh. :(

Also, the forum did shift when PGC's description was changed, so no biggie. Personally, I always found it weird that Challenges was on top of GPGD since PGC is the main discussion forum in here (Challenges being more...interactive than discussion). So I always did find it odd that it was above the others. But oh well.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Eh, If anyone remembers those two challenges that I said I was going to start, I'll be doing so soon.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
We all start off with saying we're going to do challenges, and then never get around to them. Well at least I do anyway. Right now I'm trying to find a good rom for heartgold so I can start my dexter challenge. n_n

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Speaking of HG/SS, I am PO'ed severely at my Soul Silver on my emulator. Whenever I save, I keep getting the 'ROM Image has crashed' message. FML.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
And in other HG/SS news, DeSmuMe emulator runs the Pokeathalon like a dream. No framerate issues!!! No$gba is still way better for the rest of the game, though.

Years
And in other HG/SS news, DeSmuMe emulator runs the Pokeathalon like a dream. No framerate issues!!! No$gba is still way better for the rest of the game, though.

True that. I'm not sure why everyone likes No$gba better, they don't know what they're missing. Anyhow, I agree with Seco, this thread is moving waaaay too fast, these days.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Thread = Mach 7

I'm usually on this thread 24 hours a day because of vacation, but now I'm at school. Just came back, I missed a page of posts. LolWut?

I perfer DeSuME better, it has superspeed (just make frameskip 9 and remove the top 2 options) and No$GBA always crashes on me ;-;

Years
Funny how now that the thread has actually slowed down a bit recently we're complaining about it being too fast. But yeah, most of the time I can't keep up with it either, 2 new pages overnight is no fun.
By the way, I only use VBA :p
Screw DS emulation, it's just atrociously slow. As if grinding isn't already sometimes taking eternally at the 500-600% speed 3rd gen games run with (might be better for others, my laptop is quite slow because I was stingy and bought a cheap one when I bought it)

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I've never used No$gba or DeSuMe, but yet again I've never played a DS rom on the computer. I would like to use No$gba since you can tke screenchots of the top screen only. :D

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Funny how now that the thread has actually slowed down a bit recently we're complaining about it being too fast. But yeah, most of the time I can't keep up with it either, 2 new pages overnight is no fun.
By the way, I only use VBA :p
Screw DS emulation, it's just atrociously slow. As if grinding isn't already sometimes taking eternally at the 500-600% speed 3rd gen games run with (might be better for others, my laptop is quite slow because I was stingy and bought a cheap one when I bought it)

Actually No$Gba is really fast, maybe faster than VBA. You just have to have the right setting :D

Now, I really need to start Alternatives Dex Challenge :D

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I just started emulating Diamond/Platinum on No$GBA. You can run it at 200%, but that's it. I find that running at 200% is about right. Everything goes faster, but you're still in control of your character.

Mondays, I think 500% is about the same for me on my desktop for 3rd Gen. I think that's probably about max.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I've never used No$gba or DeSuMe, but yet again I've never played a DS rom on the computer. I would like to use No$gba since you can tke screenchots of the top screen only. :D
actually, the screenshot is of both screens, I just paste it into Paint and crop the bottom one out so that the image is 192 pixels high (lol).

I did try DeSmuMe for regular gameplay on HG/SS, but it was slower than 100%, and I like to have a smooth gameplay, you know?

As far as No$gba, 2x is the max speed. No$gba only crashes/freezes with HG/SS ROM for me, and the 3D rendering is very poor, leading to issues with the Pokeathalon, I think. The frame rate isn't the best when you're running at 200% on D/P/Pt (100% framerate is fine), but it works, and the battles are smooth, which is all that really matters to me :D.

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
I have an idea...

Every Pokemon in your team must link types, for example...

Venusaur
Nidoking
Flygon
Latios
Victini
Charizard

They must also only be dual types.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back