• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My foray into BS Singles

AlphaLuxray

Serious Punch!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 5, 2017
Hi there! I'm pretty new to battle spot, so I'm posting my team here! I've played VGC for a few years, so the changes have been slightly strange ("Why does NOTHING run protect?!" was my first thought when looking up stats lol).

Anyways, here's the team!

Puddles (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Discharge
- Recover
- Toxic

Porygon2, the bulkiest 'mon on the planet. I don't have any SpA inveatment because Puddles' primary job is to sit there and toxic stall whatever faces it, though I might add a bit so that it can 2HKO all M-Salamence. Also, if you recognize the nickname, you'll know why I'm trying out the format lol.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Out of all the megas, Lucario hits like the biggest truck. It was gimped in doubles due to its frailty, but with no need to worry about a second Pokemon Lucario can go on deleting the opponent's entire team. Earthquake is to hit opposing Electric and Poison types.

Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

My favorite competitive Pokemon from gen 7, Mimikyu had to make it onto the team. With the ability to either freely switch into anything, or get a FREE Swords Dance, it's a threat as soon as it hits the field. Neverending Nightmare has potential to OHKO Celesteela at +4, meaning if they aren't running Heavy Slam Mimikyu can reliably kill it. Fire Spin Arcanine is the only big threat to this set, but I rarely lead with Mimikyu.

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

#1 usage, and for good reason. Koko is one of the best Pokemon out of the new gen, and has power to spare. I'm using U-Turn over Volt Switch so as to dodge Ground switches, and Gleam/HP Ice as coverage moves. Life orb means it can kill things like Salamence and M-Gyarados if they don't have significant investment.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Dance

My second mega option, and a more balanced one. I usually bring Salamence to matchups where Lucario would just get bodied or straight up killed. The set is prettt standard, with Flamethrower to hit Scizor and Kartana.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell
- Shell Smash

Mean. That's all Cloyster is. It's job is simple: lead, set up, kill everything. When I lead Cloyster, I rarely save it, as I haven't run across a mon that can survive then outspeed a +2. Maybe scarf Koko, which dies on the switch in anyways.

So that's my singles squad! Thoughts? Suggestions? I'm going to work on finalizing EV spreads once I'm sure of the Pokemon I'll be using.

AlphaLuxray

Serious Punch!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 5, 2017
I've been watching a decently high rated player for the past few months (he finished 6th in US last season), and from what I've seen, hazards aren't in the meta at all. Maybe that'll change now that Bank's out, but I haven't seen any sign of that yet.

Back