Chespin 322 30.96%
Fennekin 536 51.54%
Froakie 295 28.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1040. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old January 8th, 2013 (9:32 AM).
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
    to me, these pokemon look like they should be the level 2 ones that annoy the heck out of everyone but i'm interested to see there stats, maybe i could use croakie (what i'll name him) as an aqua jet-water gem counter to all these ninetails.

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
    my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
    "Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu

Relevant Advertising!

Old January 8th, 2013 (9:40 AM).
    ~Gotta Catch Em All

Nature: Serious
      I'm going with Froakie, simply because I think he looks the best.

It's the next chapter, the ultimate goal! Ready for battle, brave and bold!
      PokéZoom.com | PokéZoom Forums | PokéZoom Oekaki
      Old January 8th, 2013 (9:41 AM).
      no more sad songs

Nature: Modest
      Froakie is my favourite it's so cute and adfsghj <333

All the starter are pretty damn cute but Froakie is just so cute. For once I can actually say that all the starters from this generation are appealing.
      Old January 8th, 2013 (9:44 AM).

I'm undecided between Froakie and Chespin. I guess a lot of my final decision depends on the actual evolutionary lines, but I'm leaning more towards Froakie at the moment, but Chespin is pretty damn cute. Fennekin just...does not appeal to me at all.
      Old January 8th, 2013 (9:54 AM).

I love all of them, to be honest. When I first saw them, Fennekin was the one I gravitated to first. But after watching the video and seeing the pictures, they're all great. Even little Froakie.

I'm going to have to buy multiple copies of these games, aren't I?
        but a call to bear the burden of a long twilight struggle, year in and year out."
        Old January 8th, 2013 (9:55 AM).
        ☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆

Nature: Naughty
        Pokémon never gets boring to me... these starters are amazing.

Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
        The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
        Twitter
        Facebook
        Old January 8th, 2013 (9:59 AM).
        100% hot

Nature: Timid
          frokie looks heaveanly :3 i initially thinks it's part ice.

BLACK: 4341 7135 0561
          WHITE: 5372 5056 7476
          Old January 8th, 2013 (10:13 AM).

I kind of like them all at first glance. I wish the grass one was a little more green, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I think they did a good job on these. With so many Pokemon already I wouldn't think they'd have an easy time making anything look new.
          Old January 8th, 2013 (10:19 AM).

Nature: Modest
          Froakie is the cutest damn starter I have ever seen idc what it evolves into or what typings it gets I'm getting it cuz omg. <3
          ALL of them are cute, BUT FROAKIE. <3
          Old January 8th, 2013 (10:25 AM).

I'm giving some love to Chespin. I want to give it a top hat and monocle and call it Mr. Snuggles, and we would have adventures through a glorious mansion together.
            Old January 8th, 2013 (10:26 AM).

Nature: Jolly
              Fennekin, just barely. It's odd because this is the first time I've taken an instant liking to all three of the starters.

The only fire starter I've had as my first pick was Torchic back in Pokemon Sapphire. So I'm glad that this gens fire starter looks so nice.

Of course that will probably all change once we see the evolutions.
              Old January 8th, 2013 (10:36 AM).
              우리 둘만의 암호

Nature: Impish
              Fennekin all the way.
              I've waited so long for them for make a fennec fox pokemon and now they have.
              My excitement is just through the roof.
              Old January 8th, 2013 (10:53 AM).
              Back from the dead...

Nature: Bold
                Definately haven't decided yet, still have 9 months to do so. I'm either going with the Frog or Fox though, because I can see the Frog evolving into a deathlord for some reason. Probably because of the ugliness thing. And the Fox, well, just reminds of Vulpix, which is a Pokemon I love. Fennekin, if I choose it, will break the Water-Pokemon streak on the first version, which is a good streak to end since I started playing in Gen III. However, second time around, I always go for Grass. Until Gen V. When I went with Fire.

Definitely not Grass though. I hate the look of the thing. Some people would call it cuteness, I call is a revolting monster.

Don't agree? Sorry for spoiling your day.

Coming soon... a new game... after I've finished Pokemon Steel of course.

MONSTERRA
                Old January 8th, 2013 (10:56 AM).
                우리 둘만의 암호

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Leikaru View Post
                Definately haven't decided yet, still have 9 months to do so. I'm either going with the Frog or Fox though, because I can see the Frog evolving into a deathlord for some reason. Probably because of the ugliness thing. And the Fox, well, just reminds of Vulpix, which is a Pokemon I love. Fennekin, if I choose it, will break the Water-Pokemon streak on the first version, which is a good streak to end since I started playing in Gen III. However, second time around, I always go for Grass. Until Gen V. When I went with Fire.

Definitely not Grass though. I hate the look of the thing. Some people would call it cuteness, I call is a revolting monster.
                I disagree, I think Chespin is incredibly cute.
                To each his own, I guess.
                Old January 8th, 2013 (10:59 AM).
                doobz

Nature: Calm
                  Here's what I thought of the starters individually...

Chespin - looks okay I guess, could be a chipmunk with a chestnut hat or something? I don't love or hate it's design, I'm just curious to see what the rest of it's evolutions look like and what the hat thing could turn into. If the attacks it used were hints at it's final typing my guess would be Grass/Dark. Seemed like it first used Solarbeam and then Night Slash second, which is super effective against Golurk.

Fennekin - I like Fennekin a lot because I like fire types in general, but I found it to be a little repetitive of Vulpix. But it looks cool enough in it's first stage and I want to see where this fire fox design goes. Hopefully it doesn't look like any of the other fox pokemon. For the final typing I would guess Fire/Psychic, because it looked like it used Flamethrower and then Psybeam or Extrasensory.

Froakie - my favorite so far and the most interesting to me, I can't see why everyone is hating on it. I actually like it's design and it looked good in battle. Seemed like it had good speed, a trait I value. For the final typing I have two guesses: Water/Fighting and Water/Flying. I said fighting because it looked like a physical attacker when it was in battle judging by the second attack. As I thought of more possibilities, I came up with Water/Flying because of Froakie's design. It has what looks like a cape around it's neck or something that looks like a cloud. Maybe that could turn into a parachute or something? I looked it up and read about something called the Malabar Gliding Frog. It's a frog that jumps from high areas and glides to get where it needs to go, so I could see where a Flying type inspiration could come from. I couldn't figure out what the second attack was, but I thought it could possibly be Acrobatics, a flying type move. I'm hoping it does develop into a Water/Flying type, because there is already a fighting frog (Poliwrath), a poison frog (Toxicroak), and a ground frog (Seismitoad) so I think a flying frog would be cool.

Usually I go with the fire starter, but I would have to see their complete evolutions to really make a decision. Right now Froakie appeals the most to me but they all have potential. Can't wait to see their full evolutions though. I'm just hoping for some new type combos this time around, and Fennekin better not become a Fire/Fighting type somehow.

*hunting:

Old January 8th, 2013 (11:09 AM).
                  Back from the dead...

Nature: Bold
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Flydro View Post

Chespin - looks okay I guess, could be a chipmunk with a chestnut hat or something? I don't love or hate it's design, I'm just curious to see what the rest of it's evolutions look like and what the hat thing could turn into. If the attacks it used were hints at it's final typing my guess would be Grass/Dark. Seemed like it first used Solarbeam and then Night Slash second, which is super effective against Golurk.

Fennekin - I like Fennekin a lot because I like fire types in general, but I found it to be a little repetitive of Vulpix. But it looks cool enough in it's first stage and I want to see where this fire fox design goes. Hopefully it doesn't look like any of the other fox pokemon. For the final typing I would guess Fire/Psychic, because it looked like it used Flamethrower and then Psybeam or Extrasensory.

Froakie - my favorite so far and the most interesting to me, I can't see why everyone is hating on it. I actually like it's design and it looked good in battle. Seemed like it had good speed, a trait I value. For the final typing I have two guesses: Water/Fighting and Water/Flying. I said fighting because it looked like a physical attacker when it was in battle judging by the second attack. As I thought of more possibilities, I came up with Water/Flying because of Froakie's design. It has what looks like a cape around it's neck or something that looks like a cloud. Maybe that could turn into a parachute or something? I looked it up and read about something called the Malabar Gliding Frog. It's a frog that jumps from high areas and glides to get where it needs to go, so I could see where a Flying type inspiration could come from. I couldn't figure out what the second attack was, but I thought it could possibly be Acrobatics, a flying type move. I'm hoping it does develop into a Water/Flying type, because there is already a fighting frog (Poliwrath), a poison frog (Toxicroak), and a ground frog (Seismitoad) so I think a flying frog would be cool.

Usually I go with the fire starter, but I would have to see their complete evolutions to really make a decision. Right now Froakie appeals the most to me but they all have potential. Can't wait to see their full evolutions though. I'm just hoping for some new type combos this time around, and Fennekin better not become a Fire/Fighting type somehow.
                    Chespin I think will stay Grass type all the way through. At least that's what the design looks like.

I think Fennekin will evolve into a psycho-fox or something, and be Fire/Psychic. That could be an interesting type.

Also, as for Froakie, I would go for a Water/Poison might happen. Some toads are poisonous. Or perhaps the Water/Fighting combonation. Although I think they will be looking for unique type combo's in Gen VI.

Don't agree? Sorry for spoiling your day.

Coming soon... a new game... after I've finished Pokemon Steel of course.

MONSTERRA
                    Old January 8th, 2013 (11:27 AM).
                    Lover of Winter

Nature: Relaxed
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Flydro View Post

I also considered a cloud frog for Froakie, like a frog meditating on a cloud. But Water/Fighting would make sense. Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting would balance out perfectly. Also, Froakie was fighting a Patrat in the video, maybe the move was supereffective?
                      Old January 8th, 2013 (11:40 AM).

I guess I'm gonna be like most of the people in here and say that I like Fennekin the most. Froakie is...okay, I suppose, never really been big on any of the frog pokemon, and I'm not as sold on Chespin. Kinda meh to me. Fennekin, though...yeah, when I was looking through pics this morning, that was the first one that really caught my eye.

Or rather, its ear fur did. That ear fur, man. Yeah I know it's based off fennec foxes but still!
                      Old January 8th, 2013 (11:45 AM). Edited January 8th, 2013 by droomph.
                      weeb

No opinion one way or the other on any of them (I'll see! geesh) but I do have to say Froakie (I'll have to get used to that won't I) reminds me of keroppi.

Old January 8th, 2013 (11:46 AM).

Is it just me, or does Chespin look like a re-textured Oshawott/Dewott?

Looking for a battle? PM me!
                        Old January 8th, 2013 (11:46 AM).
                        [Insert User Title Here]

I really love Chespin and Fennekin. Froakie is already starting to grow on me but it's my least favorite.

I think Chespin is going to be my first pick when the games come out. ^_^
                          Old January 8th, 2013 (11:56 AM).
                          11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
                            My favorite starter is the Fire-type, Fennekin. I really like it's design, and I like foxes. It's like a mix of Vulpix and Zorua. It's the first time that the Fire starter is my favorite since Charmander in Gen 1. I think the Water-type frog is just ok looking, but I do like it. However, I don't like the Grass-type. I think it looks boring, and looks like a Pokémon that would be catchable early in the game, like Patrat, ect. Fennekin might be my favorite Fire-type starter of any generation.
                            Old January 8th, 2013 (11:59 AM). Edited February 7th, 2013 by SoulSilver10112.
                            George the Poliwag

I actually like them all a lot, but I'm going to use Fennekin for my first walkthrough. On my other game, Froakie, who I think is quite adorable. I'll trade for a Chespin as well, just so I can have all three.

Challenges:
                              Heartgold Nuzlocke: Completed!
                              Pearl Nuzlocke: Completed!
                              Heartgold Gender Discrimination Challenge: Completed!
                              Old January 8th, 2013 (12:11 PM).

I'm sure this has been said, but.
                                Fire/psychic, grass/fighting, water/dark. Who's with me? I mean, fennekin is almost guaranteed to be Fire/Psychic, and there's a LOT of people saying chespin will be grass/fighting. So, if we get a water/dark as well, they keep all their typed advances over each other in both main and secondary typing, it would also be pretty interesting to see a water/dark pokemon.
                                Old January 8th, 2013 (12:15 PM).
                                Merely a collector

I'll wait to choose until I get to see their final evolutions.

Quick Reply