• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014 - Steel

Which are your favorite Steel types?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 9, 2014
Mawile - One of my favorite pokemon.
Bastiodon - Never really had one, but I watched someone do a Pixelmon let's play on youtube and they used this Pokemon and I just like it because of that.

Years
Aegislash is da bomb! But there are quite a few I could vote for other than that...mostly Scizor and Aggron...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 14, 2014
Prior to Gen 5 (since I'm still playing Platinum), it's Scizor hands down. Balanced with strong attack and defense, it can be a beast to the likes of my other favorite Steel types like Metagross and Bronzong, who are merely tanks (one of which an explosive tank, by Smogon's standards). Seriously, Technician Scizor could pretty much take down anybody.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I've always liked Steel-types a lot so this was a tough one for me, but I ended up going with Bronzor/zong just because their designs are incredibly cool and their 'lore' is very unique. The story of why they exist is based on an old Japanese legend which I personally love, really setting them apart from the other random Steel types in the game. If you've not read up on their origins I definitely suggest you do, it makes the common "... it's a random floating bell with eyes??" analysis really fly out the window haha.

Auraluxe

↞The Swashbucklin' Fool↠
Years
I voted for Aggron, Metagross, Registeel, and Aegislash.

I was a bit torn, though. I love the Regis, but Registeel is my least favorite of the three, so I wasn't sure if I really should vote for it or not. xP

Years
As I said in the Fire-type poll thread as well, thanks to everyone who made the first week of the Favorite Pokemon Tournament a success, with over 450 of you voting in these two polls alone. Hopefully we can keep that number growing as the weeks go on!

From the beginning of the week, it was clear that there were 3 or 4 Pokémon families that were ahead of the pack, with the lead changing a few times before the final tally came in. In the end, the Pokémon that were able to steal the victory were Beldum, Metang and Metagross, making them PokéCommunity's favorite Steel-type Pokémon for the second year running. The runner-up in the poll was Scizor, who'll will be added to one of our wildcard polls prior to the finale later this year.

If you haven't already, go check the results for the Fire-type poll, and then cast your vote on your favorite Flying and Electric type Pokemon, as both of those polls are open right now!

Years
Darn I'm too late for these, I'll just quickly mention my favourites here even though it wouldn't actually have made a difference to the results lol :)

Durant (favourite Steel type and the only one I've ever used on an in-game team); Dialga, Cobalion (Fighting is one of my favourite types and I just love the design and its role as a Legendary) and Skarmory (I'm just really drawn to its design for some reason and have been ever since the first time I saw it) :)

Years
UPDATE: With Scizor (alongside Scyther) winning the Bug-type poll this week, it will no longer be representing the Steel-type in the wildcard poll. Instead, that honor will be going to Aron, Lairon and Aggron. Congrats to those Pokemon for moving forward!

Back