• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
Years
I've never posted in here before, but those tiles are amazing. :0 Did you get those from a set somewhere or make them yourself?

I like how bright it is too. It's a happy map. :D

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Those tiles are actually made by kyledove, from his latest tileset project. But a few of those tiles were probably made or edited by 44tim44.

Yeah, you're right.

The grass is made by me.
The Pallet houses are edits of Kyledoves "new" twinleaf houses.
They're almost completely remade by me though. xP
And Oak's lab is also a scratch of mine.

Anyway, thanks for the great comments everyone~

I'm currently updating my maps to Alucus "tree-mapping-style".

When I'm done, I'll post some more maps. ;)

Cheerz~

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Yeah, you're right.

The grass is made by me.
The Pallet houses are edits of Kyledoves "new" twinleaf houses.
They're almost completely remade by me though. xP
And Oak's lab is also a scratch of mine.

Anyway, thanks for the great comments everyone~

I'm currently updating my maps to Alucus "tree-mapping-style".

When I'm done, I'll post some more maps. ;)

Cheerz~

waw nice that will look awesome, the natural tree placement will really look great used in unison with these beautifull graphics, good luck with that

tImE

Years
Hi again.

I were a little bored, and got inspired by mercurysky's newest sreenshot of Garnet...
So I tried my luck at making a decent looking beach, xD

I'm pretty pleased by it myself.
I hope you like it, guys ;)

beachscreenshot.png

Cheerz

Freak A

Back !!!
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
Its beautiful very beautiful i love it 44tim44. your quite expirienced.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
Hi again.

I were a little bored, and got inspired by mercurysky's newest sreenshot of Garnet...
So I tried my luck at making a decent looking beach, xD

I'm pretty pleased by it myself.
I hope you like it, guys ;)

beachscreenshot.png

Cheerz
Heh, I was inspired by it too and am doing the same thing.

Atomic Reactor

That looks really good, but i think there's a little bit to much going on. If you could take out a few of the pokemon, i think it would look superb.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
I've always thinking about how to make that effect, I mean, the transparent water. I made a little transparent a water autotile and it automatically makes itself non-semi transparent. So, those tiles are made with two layers on PS(Photoshop)?

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
I've just made it transparent in photoshop but I'm still not entirely sure on how to get the same effect. Like the rocks sticking out, and the water going half-way up the shore, and such.

Halp.

tImE

Years
I've just made it transparent in photoshop but I'm still not entirely sure on how to get the same effect. Like the rocks sticking out, and the water going half-way up the shore, and such.

Halp.

It's pretty simple.

For the rocks;
You make a rock on layer 1.
Water on layer 2.
And then a "half rock", with water effect on top of the other rock, on layer 3.

For the shore;
You make a "hole" made of mountains on layer 1.
You then make water sprited like this:

The top 8/16 of the tile should be empty.
(Or the 8/16 on the right/left side for the sides)
on layer 2.

The water shouldn't have a built in shore.
And I only used one single color for the water, and I used RMXPs
built in "tileset-semi-transparent-maker".

I hope this helps ;)

Also thanks for the great comments, I actually didn't thought I was this good :P

Cheerz~

Novus

The English Kiwi
Years
Hey hey peoples,
I know this isn't really a screenshot but I wanted to get your opinions on it.

It's New Bark Town from my joint HGSS Tileset project with Alucus and it's the first town I've completed (well very very nearly, just got to change the water) and all tiles used here are either completely custom made by me or edited versions of Kyledove's.

So I'm proud to present my first completed map in our HGSS project, enjoy and let me know what ya think :)
Spoiler:

All the tiles here are public, so feel free to use, just as long as you credit Novus and Kyledove and you can find them all here:
EditNo forum linking

Laters all
-Novus-

Last edited by a moderator:

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
Years
Hey hey peoples,
I know this isn't really a screenshot but I wanted to get your opinions on it.

It's New Bark Town from my joint HGSS Tileset project with Alucus and it's the first town I've completed (well very very nearly, just got to change the water) and all tiles used here are either completely custom made by me or edited versions of Kyledove's.

So I'm proud to present my first completed map in our HGSS project, enjoy and let me know what ya think :)
Spoiler:

All the tiles here are public, so feel free to use, just as long as you credit Novus and Kyledove and you can find them all here:
http://www.my-lifeonline.com/CPForums/showthread.php?t=226

Laters all
-Novus-
I love the tiles. It looks absolutely perfect, even if you haven't changed the water tiles. I can't even think of anything you can improve on. I can't wait to see more :).

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Here is a little teaser of a new game I am working on. Pokemon Finders just didn't feel like a Pokemon game. So well here it is:
capture001.bmp.png

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
Years
Here is a little teaser of a new game I am working on. Pokemon Finders just didn't feel like a Pokemon game. So well here it is:
capture001.bmp.png

This also looks impressive. I especially like the trees and Ash's Overworld (correct me if I'm wrong). Is this meant to be Pallet Town, because you've done a good job if it is.

The only thing I don't particularly like are the windows on the first floor of the house which are covered by the roof; it just doesn't look right.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010

This also looks impressive. I especially like the trees and Ash's Overworld (correct me if I'm wrong). Is this meant to be Pallet Town, because you've done a good job if it is.

The only thing I don't particularly like are the windows on the first floor of the house which are covered by the roof; it just doesn't look right.

Thanks, and yeah it is Ash's overworld. It is Pallet Town. Those houses are Alucus' tiles so complain to him not me hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back