• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Seven-Day Seven-K

Shrike Flamestar

The Invisible!
Years
If you just want to write, don't worry about developing the ideas to much. Take your initial concept and run with it; let the plot and details develop themselves as you write, letting them mold to your writing instead of vice versa. Don't hold back just because you can't pre-plan every single detail of the story. Planning always helps, but it shouldn't prevent you from writing in the first place. Besides, keep in mind that there's still one week before the next challenge starts and you're fully allowed to plan during this time, so long as you don't start writing.

As for me, as I said in the lounge these past weeks have been rather bad for me and I wasn't able to really write anything. I wasn't planning on taking part this week anyway. <_< Hopefully there's more than one winner this week, and since I couldn't enter hopefully there's a winner at all. :D Don't know if I'll be participating next time either; I may very well be wanting to work on TFC and TRINITY instead...

The next one starts after a one week break unless anything changed, which would mean June 28th.

Bay

Years
I'm also a bit behind on my challenge too. Been busy with real life stuff and also relatives visiting. However, I think if I'm able to some work tonight and tomorrow morning, I'll be able to finish this challenge. :)

Here, have an except:

Spoiler:

Voltorb boxers. :3

EDIT: And done! :D The one shot is not finished yet, but whatever. XD

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
This sounds mighty interesting, so, when does the next one starts?

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
This sounds mighty interesting, so, when does the next one starts?

Two weeks from now. As in, pretty much, not this coming Sunday but the Sunday after. (Which would be July 5.) I'll put it up on the first post once I think of a prompt (that isn't cracktastic, although I'm heavily, heavily tempted).

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
And are we allowed to post chapters within the week or do we have to post it all at once before the saturday.
And does it have to be newly started or could we build to an already existent story with 7000 more words?

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
I would have to say that is has to be new. As that is pretty much the point of the contest.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Maybe if I become creative in the next two weeks I'll try to rejoin, as the only thing that will be holding be back now is work, nothing else.

But I would also like to continue my story that I posted earlier.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Sunday. (Ignore my comment about it being July 5, and the day isn't dependent on time zones. Basically, whenever it's Sunday at midnight, it's the start of the next round.) Sorry I haven't gotten a prompt up yet. I know I should have done so earlier to give you guys time to think about it, but I've been busy this week. It'll be up tomorrow morning.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
So is it Sunday night and Monday morning, or Saturday night and Sunday morning? xD

And do you post everything in the end or are you allowed to post chapters during the week?

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Hmmm now I don't have an idea what I want to write about XD

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
So is it Sunday night and Monday morning, or Saturday night and Sunday morning? xD

What this makes no sense.

And people post bits of their work, so I think it would be ok to post bits of yours.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years

12:00/01 AM Sunday morning. (Yes, I know days technically begin at 12:01, but it's still pretty much midnight.) As in, you have the entire day of Sunday to begin. Otherwise, it's not really seven days long.

And do you post everything in the end or are you allowed to post chapters during the week?

As long as you have all seven thousand words posted by 11:59 PM on Saturday, go for it any way you like.

Also, the new prompt is up. Good luck, guys.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Sadly I don't really understand the prompt.

But, I think have an idea.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Yes, this idea shall be grand, but it might be a little common.

Chucho, if it is from scratch it shouldn't matter, but refer to the first page if you need another answer.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
I might have to sit this one out, my mental state hasn't been the best, and well, the prompt boil has me in a deadlock.

Back