• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you reading?

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards.
It's a really well written book but it has been taken me a while to get through, mainly because classes have started up again and I've had more things to do lately than read.

VanillaMiltank

GET SOME MILK
Years
Just started reading Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine - I have read her previous Morganville Vampires, and really enjoyed them, so that was partly what influenced me to get this new one, but also drawn in by the beautiful cover and interesting summary
It's the first of a new series titled The Great Library
Really liking it so far :)

Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 8, 2015
Carrie - Stephen King

I have read it many times over, but being a creature of habit, I like to reread my fav King books each year. Just finished The Stand, my favourite novel of all time. :)

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Mathias Thulman: Witch Hunter. Witch Finder. Witch Killer.

I've strayed into the Fantasy section of the black library and so far I think it's decent, if not that, the protagonist absorbs much dislike from me for being a bit. . . rude.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I started reading Jonathan Franzen's Purity a few days ago. It has been really good so far, with awesome characters and an interesting story.

Raskolnikov

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
Well, I'm reading The Princess and The Goblin by George Macdonald. I recently start reading but the book seems a little boring to me. Actually I don't like reading fantasy too much except Tolkien. I've read Hobbit and The Fellowship of the ring, also I'm going to read more Tolkien books. I'm on a vacation, I don't have another choice so I have to finish The Princess and The Goblin.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
Years
Neverwhere, by Neil Gaiman. It's about a spooky underground city beneath London. I haven't read much in the genre of magical realism until this one, but it's fun once you wrap your mind around the disconnect between the representation of reality and the magical out-of-this-world elements.

Last edited:

Shhwonk

always with the games, etc.
Years
I've been slowly chipping away at The Decameron by Giovanni Boccaccio, a pre-cursor science fiction book from the 14th century. I've also been reading the Arabian Nights every now and then.

pkmin3033

Seeress of Kell, by David Eddings. Overall, the Malloreon has been a tad repetitive - which Eddings even acknowledges and tries to integrate into the plot - but it hasn't been too bad. Not sure what I'll read after this...might give Gemmell a try.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
Armada, by Ernest Cline. I'm also reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone again because why not?

Blurryface

Cheer up, baby.
Years
Currently reading Of Mice and Men for both of my English classes. Was originally going to read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone because I've wanted to read the books for a long time but when I went back to grab the book someone else took it. *cries hysterically*

HollowGap!

<insert title here>
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 20, 2015
Animal Farm by George Orwell.

(What do you do when humankind mistreats farm animals? Start a rebellion of course!)

Ah, that book. Gotta love the ending.

I'm reading... uh, "The Cure of Imperfect Sight" by Dr. Bates. I know it's not a fiction book, but do anyone here understands Indonesian words? :P

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Persuasion by Jane Austen. I'm a little torn on whether I like this book or not, I like some of it but there are some parts I find pretty horrendous at the same time, too... I guess I'll just have to decide for sure once I finish it. It seems that most people either love or hate Jane Austen but I'm really sitting on the fence with how I feel about her writing.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

I'm almost through reading it. Well, not almost... I still have a little ways to go. I'm anxious to see how Tim Burton's version of it will turn out. It's right up his alley, and you just KNOW it's going to be amazing. <3

Back