• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DP tiles from deep within the actual games

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Yeah, I know we already have Kyledove's tiles and probably multiple other takes on DP's look in tile format, but I though someone might find this useful anyway- There's a bunch of actual tiles buried in DP's code that someone found. Here's the thread I found them on, and here's the tiles themselves. They're not really in any useable order and some components are missing (I don't see any mountain tiles in there besides the cave openings, for example), but if you ever wanted some authentic tiles from 3D-era Pokemon, here you go.

These were ripped by CytricAcid/Cyhuntastic, of course, not me. So credit him if you decide to use them.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
Its not difficult to do this really, just use Spiky-Eared Pichu + Arc's DS editor from the ROM Hack section.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I'm sorry, I have no idea what those words mean... I'm assuming you're referring to ripping tiles from the game?

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
Basically, they were ripped using a map editing tool (which I mentioned above) and it is perfectly possible for anyone to do that - assuming they know how to do it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I see. I just though it was interesting that the DP games had tile files in them, since they use 3D models...

Back