• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TripLee

Superman
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 26, 2011
I maxed my Attack EV with Snorlax, what other stat should I max on him to make him effective?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Even though the Dream World hasn't opened for U.S yet, I've heard the DW event Pokemon for Japan were only males. That said, I'm sure a lot of people know Iron Fist Infernape with Thunder Punch and Fire Punch is pretty amazing. But if they are only males, I guess it wouldn't be possible to get this setup then. Can anyone confirm if they are only males, considering female DW Pokemon can pass down DW abilities?

Well I don't really know about the Event DW Pokemon since I've never encountered them, but I have caught normal DW Pokemon who have been female.

I maxed my Attack EV with Snorlax, what other stat should I max on him to make him effective?

It's really your choice but to make him effective, infest them in HP and Defense.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
Do I have to get Cobalion before the new areas for Terrakion and Virizion open up?

You must either catch him or knock him out (he will appear again later).

You will know that the areas has opened up as after you finish the battle with Cobalion, an old man will walk up and tell you that he's sure the others will trust you now (and that Cobalion will return later if you failed to catch it).

Years
  • Age 26
  • U.S.
  • Seen Mar 23, 2014
I can't tell if anyone answered this question yet, but just in case:
Go to Opelucid City, and in the house directly North of the Pokemon Center there is a girl who will tell you if you've spent all your points. If she says it "put in a great effort!" than you've done it, if she says "it needs to try harder", then you haven't used them all.

I havent gotten to Opleucid city yet so what I do is I go to driflveil drawbridge, find one measly wing, save, and use it on the pokemon. If it says "it won't have any effect" then you're good to go, however, if you successfully used it the reload your game (if the wing you used was not the kind of wing you wanted to use on your pokemon) and keep battling.

TripLee

Superman
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 26, 2011
Alright so I've maxed out EVs in a Pokemon and he's level 21. Can I train anywhere now just to gain levels, or will that somehow screw something up?

DayDreamer

Pokemon Gamer
Years
Do I need to have both Thundurus and Tornadus in the game to access Landorus or just their caught pokedex entries?

~Electrivire~

My Imaginary Friend Haz Issuez
Years
Just a question

If I have a router that wasn't compatible with Pokemon HG and SS, will I be able to trade those pokemon to Black or White?

The reason I'm asking is because I had three celebis from the event on my HG version, and I would like to trade them to BW for the Zorua event... thanks.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm not sure, but wouldn't you be able to do it through wireless? As in, no internet, just the two DSes close to each other?

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
How do you check IVs in Black/White, and how do you remove EVs?

The Battle Subway the Judge is there he will give you Vague phrases that give you the gist of your top IV stat.
Here is the Characteristics Page it will help you in narrowing down the exact top IV.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Characteristics

as for precise IVs you'll have to use an off game Calculator or cheating device .
Heres a calc.
http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx

@TripLee
I use route 14 right above White Forrest and I assume Black City you can Bike back and forth until you see shaking grass the Audino there are about 46-50
one of them gave my level 29 Alakazam 11000 exp. Make sure your holding a luck egg. and if you haven't got to route 14 most Audino anywhere give great exp.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
So I have to slowly level them to 100 or something, to find out? That seems rather long, especially if it turns out to be crappy :S

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
No just have them EV trained or untouched at a relatively high level I check mine around level 50 and get the correct IVs you could also do a Level 100 Wi-Fi battle if it is an option.

Perriechu

Years
Alright so I've maxed out EVs in a Pokemon and he's level 21. Can I train anywhere now just to gain levels, or will that somehow screw something up?

Once a Pokemon has max Ev's it cannot obtain anymore, so leveling up now doesn't affect them.

How do you check IVs in Black/White, and how do you remove EVs?

You can only check them and get an average check like in previous games, at the Battle Subway, as soon as you walk in there's a male ace trainer, he's the checker.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
If you accidently defeat the roaming legend of the trio, is it possible to somehow get it back. Do you have to beat the E4 like in previous games?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
No just have them EV trained or untouched at a relatively high level I check mine around level 50 and get the correct IVs you could also do a Level 100 Wi-Fi battle if it is an option.

B/W doesn't have Level 100 WiFi battles. If it did, I'd be doing that, like I did in Pearl.

So hatching a Pokemon at Level 1 and EV training it might get it to an OK level, but if it's not 100, finding its IVs isn't 100% accurate hein :S and there are some Pokemon that you can't catch at high levels, you hafta hatch'em from eggs and grind them up. I'm assuming these Pokemon are tougher to find their IVs than others, solely because you'll hafta grind'em up to 50 and EV train them PRIOR to knowing if it's a piece of poo or not.

@_@

Perriechu

Years
If you accidently defeat the roaming legend of the trio, is it possible to somehow get it back. Do you have to beat the E4 like in previous games?

I don't think it does, or it may do >_> I'll have to do my research on this one.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017

I don't think it does, or it may do >_> I'll have to do my research on this one.

I saw a poster on Serebii Fourms say that they respawn, but I'm not sure if they are 100% accurate because they aren't official.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back