• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource [COMPLETED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
So much contributing can do that. I am a bit worried that people might get upset that I'm doing so many, but I don't see a lot of other people doing it and I'm more than happy to keep the ball rolling for Hoenn, so their loss I guess. Also, I think it's because most Pokemon I resize are circular and have very few colors and outlines, and are really small, so there's less room for error. But I'll accept the compliment anyway ^^

WZ1z5HB.png
5oTrUl5.png

Whale, whale, whale, what do we have here?

I'm not even entertaining the thought of attempting the front sprites. These things sucked. Each of them were so big that, even resized, they missed the border by one pixel. I had to shift their entire body over to make up for. Plus, WAILORD REFUSED TO BE CIRCULAR >:( Damn things, I don't even like them anymore.

EDIT:

BzkU43f.png
IyZCYp4.png
5aekgI9.png
WSM4AWE.png

Diglett's posture is kind of skewed a bit, not really sure how to fix it. Sorry!
All accepted.

I think mine might have been skipped, unless I did something wrong? :c
I don't want full sheets, I just want the front sprite and back sprite, so then I can fix any errors. Also, this is my fault for not mentioning this, but I want to do all of the Eeveelutions front sprites because I already did Glaceon and Leafeon when I was doing Gen IV sprites, and I'm planning on having all of their front sprites resized at the same exact ratio to maintain their relative sizes to one another. I'll gladly accept the backsprites though if you post them separately.

EDIT: Up to Nuzleaf has been added, as well as Nosepass, Beldum, and Metang thanks to Wiznatts (Ludicolo front sprite), karatekid552 and Rizon's contributions.

@karatekid552: I've noticed in your backsprites that you've been coloring a lot of them wrong, or at least differently to how I would have colored them. So, just to make things go faster, I kindly and respectfully ask if you could just leave the backsprites in their HG/SS colors, because I realized when I was doing Rizon's backsprites that simply coloring them myself was a lot faster than fixing your errors.

Next update will have 11bayerf1's Hoenn contributions, and then PJBottomz' Hoenn contributions after that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
Hi!
I know you said that you were not going to do 2nd frames, but since there is so much help maybe it would be possible?
The resizing rate can be calculated and I know there would be another 649 + formes but seeing the number of contributers makes me think positive.
Greets.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
All accepted.

I don't want full sheets, I just want the front sprite and back sprite, so then I can fix any errors. Also, this is my fault for not mentioning this, but I want to do all of the Eeveelutions front sprites because I already did Glaceon and Leafeon when I was doing Gen IV sprites, and I'm planning on having all of their front sprites resized at the same exact ratio to maintain their relative sizes to one another. I'll gladly accept the backsprites though if you post them separately.

EDIT: Up to Nuzleaf has been added, as well as Nosepass, Beldum, and Metang thanks to Wiznatts (Ludicolo front sprite), karatekid552 and Rizon's contributions.

@karatekid552: I've noticed in your backsprites that you've been coloring a lot of them wrong, or at least differently to how I would have colored them. So, just to make things go faster, I kindly and respectfully ask if you could just leave the backsprites in their HG/SS colors, because I realized when I was doing Rizon's backsprites that simply coloring them myself was a lot faster than fixing your errors.

Next update will have 11bayerf1's Hoenn contributions, and then PJBottomz' Hoenn contributions after that.

Oh that's fine. :) My apologies.

V2Sznn4.png

CRm8PJM.png

uP2lBTU.png

T4GKNqe.png

Nh72bs7.png

aP2UtqK.png

I also added some Jirachi sprites as a little bonus. :)

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Hi!
I know you said that you were not going to do 2nd frames, but since there is so much help maybe it would be possible?
The resizing rate can be calculated and I know there would be another 649 + formes but seeing the number of contributers makes me think positive.
Greets.

Even so, that's a ton of work that people don't wanna do. As a contributor myself, I would not be eager to re-size 649 more frames. If you need them that desperately, you'll have to make them yourself.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Hi!
Greets.

I can see why people don't want to make second frames, it's tough work. Especially once the sprites are already made, as lots of second frame sprites expand from their original size, eg. Honchkrow, who's wing takes it to like 70 pixels using the size of Chaos' Honchkrow. Another problem is Gen 5 sprites, which will ALL have to be custom, as the movement of 5th gen sprites is subtle and continuous.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Hi!
Greets.
No, and here's why:
1) lol just no too much work
2) few people hack Emerald (yeah I know, the number is rising though)
3) To maintain size consistency, all the 2nd frames would have to be resized at the same ratio the first frames were resized, very few of which I kept track of
4) So, minus formes, we have 649 Pokemon. And then there's backsprites. Now we have 1298 sprites to take care of. And now you want to add another 649 to that, which would make the total 1947 sprites (plus at least 40+ sprites worth of formes and gender differences). no thanks lol

Oh that's fine. :) My apologies.

V2Sznn4.png

CRm8PJM.png

uP2lBTU.png

T4GKNqe.png

Nh72bs7.png

aP2UtqK.png

I also added some Jirachi sprites as a little bonus. :)
Just taking a quick glance, they're accepted.

@11bayerf1: I noticed in your Camerupt sprite that you resized it unevenly, and it is proportionately squished in comparison to the original sprite. I thought I made it pretty clear in my PM that I want none of this stuff, and I specifically wrote out in the guidelines that they have to be resized vertically and horizontally at the exact same ratio :/ So I won't be using your Camerupt sprites, and if a lot of your sprites end up not following the specific guidelines, then I probably won't want to use any of your sprites. Not trying to sound like a prick, but rules are rules, and this is something we've already previously discussed that you said you wouldn't do anymore. In this project, quality comes first. Pokemon that are disproportionate is not quality.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Just stopping by to say thanks for compiling all of these sprites together! This is very useful to me. Also, congrats on getting gen V sprites completed!

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Speaking of my Hoenn contributions...

Jeu2eEN.png
HtmGiSo.png

I added some extra pixels to define Banette's arm some more, so it looked more like an arm.

MrDollSteak

Years
@11bayerf1: I noticed in your Camerupt sprite that you resized it unevenly, and it is proportionately squished in comparison to the original sprite. I thought I made it pretty clear in my PM that I want none of this stuff, and I specifically wrote out in the guidelines that they have to be resized vertically and horizontally at the exact same ratio :/ So I won't be using your Camerupt sprites, and if a lot of your sprites end up not following the specific guidelines, then I probably won't want to use any of your sprites. Not trying to sound like a prick, but rules are rules, and this is something we've already previously discussed that you said you wouldn't do anymore. In this project, quality comes first. Pokemon that are disproportionate is not quality.

Looking back at the upload, this is the incorrect sprite. I'd infact added the same Camerupt from
the previous gallery, before you had said the resize rule. I've uploaded the correct/redone one
which is resized at 88.89% horizontally and vertically. (64x53 from 72x60)

Spoiler:

In the meantime I'm going to check all my submissions to see if they are the correct sprites,
and replace them if they're not.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Speaking of my Hoenn contributions...

Jeu2eEN.png
HtmGiSo.png

I added some extra pixels to define Banette's arm some more, so it looked more like an arm.
Accepted, but for future reference all I'm asking for is a smaller version of the original sprite. Don't try and "improve" the sprite, all I want is resized and cleaned up. (your contributions are still lovely)

Looking back at the upload, this is the incorrect sprite. I'd infact added the same Camerupt from
the previous gallery, before you had said the resize rule. I've uploaded the correct/redone one
which is resized at 88.89% horizontally and vertically. (64x53 from 72x60)

Spoiler:

In the meantime I'm going to check all my submissions to see if they are the correct sprites,
and replace them if they're not.
Okay, I understand then. By the way, your Medicham sprite is also squished, and your Dusclops sprite has a proportionately shorter tail in comparison to the original sprites. I don't want the Pokemon having their proportions messed up.

Last edited:

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Ah, sorry. I'll try not to do that. It just looked so... not arm-like xD

Anyway, here's my last Hoenn sprite until you managed to finish all my crap. For some reason the backsprite wasn't cooperating so I couldn't make it. I resized it by 90%, so you should probably do Walrein that same way when you get to it so it's all consistent.

0j9NZAo.png

I feel like I have some kind of disease that's making me post a sprite with every post in here. I'll slow down on it a bit because we'll significant progress on Hoenn after all this so yeah.

MrDollSteak

Years
Okay, I understand then. By the way, your Medicham sprite is also squished, and your Dusclops sprite has a proportionately shorter tail in comparison to the original sprites. I don't want the Pokemon having their proportions messed up.

Rightyo I'll replace those! Medicham I've already done that must be the same issue as with Camerupt.
With Dusclops, not really sure how that happened because I resized it to 83%.
Checking now its at 86% with the tail extended, I also redid the feet to make the
increased length match against the height.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2019
Here are some backsprites. Personally I don't think you need to resize any of the front sprites because they're so close to their RSE size, but I don't know. Lemme know if you want me to do those. :)

elecmag_zps4790aa19.png

NOTE: Tyrogue and Smoochum aren't recolored because I wasn't sure how to do it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
A bunch of Hoenn sprites added thanks to contributions by 11bayerf1 and PJBottomz. lol now we already have like, half of Hoenn done O_o

Ah, sorry. I'll try not to do that. It just looked so... not arm-like xD

Anyway, here's my last Hoenn sprite until you managed to finish all my crap. For some reason the backsprite wasn't cooperating so I couldn't make it. I resized it by 90%, so you should probably do Walrein that same way when you get to it so it's all consistent.

0j9NZAo.png

I feel like I have some kind of disease that's making me post a sprite with every post in here. I'll slow down on it a bit because we'll significant progress on Hoenn after all this so yeah.
Accepted, but lol can't you do the backsprite too? You've already proven that you definitely have the skills to do it :)

Here are some backsprites. Personally I don't think you need to resize any of the front sprites because they're so close to their RSE size, but I don't know. Lemme know if you want me to do those. :)

elecmag_zps4790aa19.png

NOTE: Tyrogue and Smoochum aren't recolored because I wasn't sure how to do it.
Those look decent, I'll accept. I was going to say Blissey looks kinda weird but then I looked at the official backsprite of Blissey, and I conclude that Blissey's 4th Gen backsprite just sucks in general lol.

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I honestly tried the backsprite, and I could not get the back side to be as curvy as it needed to be no matter how hard I tried. Eventually I was just like, "ugh, eff it." and made scribbles all over it. So, yeah, that's probably one of the few backsprites I won't be able to do ;-;

EDIT: Oh wait, I almost have it now >_> Awkward... Gimme like 10 more minutes and it'll be finished

EDIT 2: SEALO GREEN IS IN THE HOUSE

... I mean yeah, I got it. Guess it takes two hours past midnight to make a sprite work. Viola!

Bxbwfvh.png

A bunch of Hoenn sprites added thanks to contributions by 11bayerf1 and PJBottomz. lol now we already have like, half of Hoenn done O_o

Awwww yiss ^^ that's how you tackle a region, y'all.

Last edited:

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
Did someone do Walrein yet? I think not...
L79LTqI.png
1bKzaLH.png

Took me a half hour. xD

EDIT: Please excuse me, I didn't use the front sprite from the Master Sheet. So you need to recolor the front sprite to the right palette.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2019
Here's my Hoenn contribution. I'm obviously not as good as pjbottomz or 11bayerf1, but I try q.q

sharpedo_zps15f8c5d3.png

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2021
Sooooooo I've been doing not a lot lately, and noticed that since you've opened this project up again, you're getting quite a few submissions. I figured it might be helpful for people to not waste time on things so I decided to just zip my whole sprite folder since I honestly have no idea what you have and haven't seen. Here is a zip of everything I have (25.5 MB compressed lol). There are a few things that I did that wouldn't really fit with this, like my Dnite and Golurk, but whatever. Also some of the folders are empty and just place holders but meh.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5655198/New%20Sprites.zip
Enjoy

Edit: Also don't pull stuff from the from the full sheets for gens 1-3 because some of that was pulled from hacks without permission like 2 plus years ago when I started working on this. I think they're DrFuji's from Lilac and I wasn't originally intending to share stuff.

Last edited:

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
dreamengine, I tried Sharpedo a while ago and I gave up on it, so kudos for having the patience to work with it lol It looks pretty good from a quick glance

MrDollSteak

Years
Sooooooo I've been doing not a lot lately, and noticed that since you've opened this project up again, you're getting quite a few submissions. I figured it might be helpful for people to not waste time on things so I decided to just zip my whole sprite folder since I honestly have no idea what you have and haven't seen. Here is a zip of everything I have (25.5 MB compressed lol). There are a few things that I did that wouldn't really fit with this, like my Dnite and Golurk, but whatever. Also some of the folders are empty and just place holders but meh.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5655198/New%20Sprites.zip
Enjoy

Edit: Also don't pull stuff from the from the full sheets for gens 1-3 because some of that was pulled from hacks without permission like 2 plus years ago when I started working on this. I think they're DrFuji's from Lilac and I wasn't originally intending to share stuff.

I personally can't open anything in there. It says the archive is in an unknown format and then breaks.

EDIT: I fudged the downloading. These are looking awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back