lover of milotics

Age 28
Male
Viridian City
Online now
Posted 1 Day Ago
11,028 posts
7.4 Years
When you’re trying to find new music to listen to whether it be for a certain situation or just for pleasure, what qualities do you generally look for in the music that you like listening to?

"Let the fools who stand before me be destroyed by the power you and I possess...
DRAGON SLAVE!"

ZeoStar

Male
dream world
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
4,057 posts
3.3 Years
If it's catchy I automatically like it.

It also helps if I can understand what the vocalists are actually saying.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness

Female
っ・ω・)っ━☆゚.*・。゚
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
1,179 posts
1.6 Years
Usually I wait until the drop before I decide if I like a song or not. For songs with lyrics, I usually listen until I get through the chorus. More often than not, I end up liking the song, even if it's just for something as simple as the title.

Q+A / My Art
^Click on them!^

Figure

Age 26
Male
Moscow, Idaho
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
1,028 posts
8.5 Years
I like music to be complicated and I am really attracted to music that requires skill, not just whats catchy or trendy (not saying something can't be trendy AND skillful). Some bands/artists that represent this well, to me, are: TOOL, Unleash the Archers, Adept (the DeathDealers album is sick), Blackalicious, AESOP Rock.

gimmepie

Age 25
Male
Australia
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
22,704 posts
8.7 Years
It's pretty hard for me to quantify it honestly, I have an extremely diverse taste in music. I guess it depends on my mood at the time, but a general rule I guess is I want the music to make me feel something.
Staff Anime Villain Collab • Petelgeuse Romanee-Conti • My brain trembles!

Roni

depresseroni

shen't
PH
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
6,051 posts
7.8 Years
a couple things i've found

• a hook/chorus that really reels me in (e.g. The Turtles - Happy Together)
  • a nice riff from either a guitar or piano or what have you (e.g. Vulfpeck - Dean Town)
  • poetry in the lyrics; words strung together seamlessly to form a beautiful story (e.g. Don McLean - Vincent)
  • a really really cool beat driving the song (e.g. Foals - Two Steps Twice)
  • a really really cool bassline driving the song (e.g. Tame Impala - The Less I Know the Better)
  • virtuosity displayed without sounding like it's too much for the song (e.g. Snarky Puppy - What About Me)
Currently Raising:
Dreyfus the Hydreigon

Lv. 100 @ 6021
Challenge: Pseudo-Legendary Master
Legendary: TBA
Durple the Dragonite
Tag-Team w/ Ash Ketchup

Lv. 100 @ 5861
Challenge: Pseudo-Legendary Master
Legendary: TBA
VPPSteamAvatarFlair