PageEmperor

Kermit Seismitoad isn’t real, it can’t hurt you

Male
with an axe
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
11,619 posts
5.5 Years
Both. Lol. I was kind of excited to do so because of the whole version exclusive gym leader gimmick and for being the first and maybe only games that I got on launch. I also predicted they could possibly be my most nuzlocked games which so far might be the case.

Harmonie

Winds ღ

Age 32
She/her
The Bible Belt. >_<
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
851 posts
13.8 Years
Shield because of Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash. It really broke the pattern for me, as every other generation I had always defaulted to the "first" of the pair (Red, Gold, Ruby, Diamond, etc.). Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash was that important to me. Even though I also love Zacian and am sad I have never been able to get it.

~Signature Artwork from pixiv

bobandbill

one more time

Male
A cape
Seen 14 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
16,076 posts
12.9 Years
Shield... because review copy. :v Was going to get the opposite to Sheep, but oh well.

Staff Anime Villain Collab - Earl de Darkwood - Interstella 5555

Daily | Drabble Dex | A Change of the Season
The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum
Paired to Sheep :>

Figure

Age 26
Male
Moscow, Idaho
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
1,028 posts
8.5 Years
Shield because a dog with a sword in it's mouth is just a little too dumb for me.

Fritz

---

Age 21
Male
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 17 Hours Ago
1,374 posts
4.4 Years
I got Shield because I intially preferred Zamazenta to Zacian, although now I would happily swap Shield for Sword if I could be bothered to play through the game again. Might be a few years before that time comes, though.

Silksong

waiting on tomorrow

Age 22
he/him
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
6 posts
1 Days
Honestly don't remember why I got Sword, but that's the one I went with. Maybe because I like blue more than red? Who could say. I've been debating getting Shield as well so I can fill out some more of the Dex and battle those other leaders, but I'm having a hard time finding a justification for that extra purchase lol.

Pendraflare

Age 29
Male
Pennsylvania
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
6,256 posts
7.4 Years
I got Sword on release then Shield for Christmas six weeks later. I've restarted them both multiple times, but Shield I have over 80 hours on my current save, which I started the run on mid-October, mostly in part to my completing the Pokedex. I'll likely restart it in due time.
Azurilland | Twitter | Nuzlocke Forums
May someday resurface in full. We'll see what happens down the road!

Valroxen

Self Proclaimed Trans Poke-Queen

She/They
England
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
6 posts
1 Days
I was pretty indifferent on which version to get at first, was leaning towards Shield because I prefer Zamazenta integrated shield to Zacian just holding the Sword. That was until I discovered Galarian Rapidash existed and I had to get Shield because Pride Horse. In the end I'm glad I did because I also much prefer Allister and Melony to Bea and uhhh the other guy.
Alyssa - Multiple time Pokemon Champion, Professional Cute Demigirl and Bug Type Enthusiast

Current Projects:
Fire Red Flying Monotype Challenge

Team: