• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I never tried breeding properly, haha. I think I can count the number of pokémon I've bred at a daycare on one hand, srs. :B

By the way, what are the coolest pokémon crossovers with other games/fandoms/anime/anything you have seen? For art or stories or anything. Like, I found these super cute pokémon/homestuck gif figures that me and some used as avatars for a while, that was adorable. Have you guys stumbled upon some cool art that mixes pokémon with something else?

Years
Oh gosh, I look around on sites like deviantArt and tumblr all the time for crossover artwork of Pokémon. I've seen some good stuff crossing Pokémon over with Adventure Time, which is one of my favorite cartoons.

Years
Yeah, I myself ended up breeding more 4 IV Absol and Murkrow than I can care to count. V_V Especially Absol, I was lucky enough to get a Japanese 4 IV one with Play Rough off of Wonder Trade. Breeding that with my 5 IV Mamoswine didn't really work out.

I did get a 5 IV Jolly Prankster Murkrow with 4 nice Egg Moves today, which is awesome. :D

Years
I never tried breeding properly, haha. I think I can count the number of pokémon I've bred at a daycare on one hand, srs. :B
Hey, me too! Other than breeding for Pokedex purposes (ex: getting a Blastoise and breeding to get a Squirtle egg), I don't think I've even raised any of the Pokemon I've gotten from eggs.

As for Pokemon crossovers, this might not be quite a true crossover, but I loved this series where an artist crossed all of the National Hockey League logos with Pokemon. Some are really well done, while others are a bit weird, but I've got to commend him for the overall great effort.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I do breed every now and then, but I'm just not very experienced at it; there's still a lot of things that I need to learn. Breeding Pokémon is, in my opinion, a pretty complicated process. xD"

Years
I only breed to fill the Pokedex, and that's if something can't be caught in the wild but its evo can like some cases in X/Y.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
I've never really done breeding at all. Not even to fill the PokeDex. I think it's crazy how people have like 30 boxes of all breeded Pokemon and stuff. Seems like a lot of work, but I guess certain people are passionate about certain parts of Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
As for Pokemon crossovers, this might not be quite a true crossover, but I loved this series where an artist crossed all of the National Hockey League logos with Pokemon. Some are really well done, while others are a bit weird, but I've got to commend him for the overall great effort.
Haha those are awesome!

There's many reasons to breed pokémon. Overall I think the creators of the games have developed really interesting mechanics and battle rules and whole dynamics to the pokémon genre by now. And it's probably not going to stop changing and evolving soon.

Doubt there'll be another new type though, unless Fairy or some new pokémon in gen VII (or Pokémon Z) manage to break the balance.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If they do decide to introduce a new type, I'd like it to be "alien." This could be given to Pokémon that are supposedly from outer-space, such as Deoxys, Solrock, and Lunatone.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Yeah, I've heard that suggestion before :3 Would be nice, since quite a few pokémon would fit there. They are placed as "psychic" now. Elgyem and Starmie could almost count towards it too, as I think the reason Starmie got psychic/water dual typing is because it resembles a star which is space-related. No? :3

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
Years
Prior to X/Y when there were unconfirmed details of the Fairy type, there were speculation of a "Sound" and "Light" type.

I would say Light would seem rather expected, because we have Dark and it could be like the Psychic type except with the type advantage against Dark, and probably contain healing moves (and all currently existing ones will be Light e.g. Recover, etc). Sound type seems to fit those sound-based pokemon like Whismur, Noibat, etc.

Years
I remember when I was following X/Y news in the lead up to the games' eventual release and I heard rumors of a new type getting introduced (which eventually got known as Fairy) I had the names "Sound", "Light" and "Fairy" in my mind, and I guess my third pick was spot on.

And then came the part where I was speculating Fairy-type's advantages, and it turned out I got every resistance and weakness spot on except for Fairy-type Pokemon resisting Bug-type attacks. That was the one resistance/weakness I didn't see coming, but I do feel sorry that Bug now has the most types resisting its attacks, makes more sense to use ones that have useful secondary types.

I was never a fan of most Bug-types, but that didn't stop me using a Vivillon (one of the few Bugs I actually love) in the early part of X. The one thing I was excited was to use a Fairy-type on my team and I did just that by using Sylveon. First time I even used an Eeveelution on my main team as well so yeah it's weird. My final verdict was that Fairy-types do seem useful in the main story due to me seeing a lot of Fighting and Dark-types in some parts.

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
Years
Ive only been breeding to give things to my friends. I've also only breed for moves. Never EVs,IVs, or shinys. My first breeding experience was getting a Skarmory with Drill Peck back in Pokemon Silver.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
My first breeding experience was with Machop. I was trying to maximize its Attack and Speed IVs. Took me a while, but I got it done eventually. As for my first EV training experience, that would have to be with Chansey. It's honestly not that hard to train for EVs though, in my opinion. All you have to do is battle against a few wild Pokémon, and you're good to go... well, it's actually not that simple, but you get the point. :]

Last edited:

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
Years
My first breeding experience was with Machop. I was trying to maximize its Attack and Speed IVs. Took me a while, but I got it done eventually. As for my first EV training experience, that would have to be with Chansey. It's honestly not that hard to train for EVs though, in my opinion. All you have to do is battle against a few wild Pokémon, and you're good to go... well, it's actually not that simple, but you get the point. :]

Agreed. You can also speed up the process with those Power items, or if you're lucky, a Pokerus. Also the wings introduced in BW helped me a lot. (I get a lot of them xD)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Okay, to someone who never bothered knowing before: what's the difference between IVs and EVs again? O.o do you train for both? And do they really matter as much as people say? Trading someone a pokemon that isn't as EVd as you promised in the Trade Corner can get you banned, from what I've seen.

Years
I'm probably not the right person to explain it, but IVs are set when the Pokemon is first generated and they determine the initial stats of a Pokemon, whereas EVs are earned through battling with your Pokemon or giving it vitamins like Iron, Calcium, etc. I don't battle competitively though, so I've never paid much mind to them.

The only thing I do know is that a Level 100 Blissey with 0 IVs and EVs will have an HP of 620, but with maxed out IVs and EVs, that number goes up to 714. I only used HP since it's a tangible stat, but I can see why they'd be important if they can have that big an impact on a Pokemon.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Has your interest in Pokémon increased or decreased over the past few years?

My interest has increased fo sho. I'm always listening to Pokémon music and I spend a good amount of time on this website (compared to when I first joined). I rarely watched the anime but now I watch it on the daily. I don't play the games as often as I used to and I rarely buy cards (blame it on my frugality) but I enjoyed X more than any other game and I really like the designs of the new cards and the inclusion of the Dragon and Fairy types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back