• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: Ch. 35 - The Unnecessarily Surreal City - Pokémon Choice Quest 2

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
Boy, sure I want to say that what I meant by temporary is just like a day, or a two. And... because I haven't done it yesterday so... >.>

Anyhow, I sure hope that PC will be rebuilt, in a way where it goes like the way it used to be. As anyone can see, it might be at its ruins right now, but remember that it's not the end yet. Those who are, or formerly part of, are still trying to bring back the site in their own way. If in the worst case that it's gone for good, then we still have a chance to continue, under a different name.

We don't know what amount of time remains for us to still look around the forums, either cherishing and smiling at the memories of what made us into what we are today, or simply staring at the index with unexpressed hard feelings. I believe no one is alone when it comes to having the same thoughts, of what had happened at this one-month early supposedly April Fools. When people started revolting, expressing their displeasure by furthering their rule breaking with nobody left to moderate, I can only say people can be as wild as they can be, and the view of it is, horrible.

What can we do now? It's all up to us. We can try to spend our last moments if the site is to depart forever, waiting for them to bring us into the same community aforementioned. Or, we can try to restore the site from its broken state, though I'm not sure if we can still make a change and surely, nobody can stop you now.

Either way, I, at least chose to stay for the time being and see how things will go, doing what I like to do, and have fun, just like what I used to.

Oh, nevermind, now they know...
Anyway, we're in the middle of a battle, so...
Hypermorian, would you kindly pass me the aux cord?
...And you better not play crap!

Anyway, here we go!

Vote Tally:
1. "Wailmer, use Water Gun!" 0 Vote
2. "Wailmer, use Bounce!" 2 Votes
3. "Wailmer, use Growl!" 0 Vote
> 4. Wailmer, use... what was it called again?" 7 Votes

Also, I'm disappointed that nobody is giving a nickname to this Wailmer, bruh.

Pokémon
iIalld2.png
Wailmer (♂) Status: Healthy Moves: Water Gun, Bounce, Growl, Eye Beam

Inventory
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
PokéDollars A common currency accepted worldwide. Earned from winning battles.

Deaths: 0​
Chapter 5: Glowing Eyes of Doom!

You don't know what exact moves it can use, therefore you scratch your head trying to come up with something a Wailmer would do. Meanwhile, the boy orders his Patrat to use Tackle on your Wailmer, and it hits squarely in the forehead! The damage Wailmer took doesn't make it flinch, though, but keeping a passive stance isn't going to get you and your Pokémon anywhere.

And because you fail to call any moves it can possibly learn, you yell out, telling your Pokémon to unleash the strongest move it can use! Before so, Wailmer lets out a wide grin once more, its eyes somewhat shining with a reddish glow as two laser-like projectiles are shot straight from its glowing eyes toward the grounds where your foe stands.

Upon impact, the ground blows up as Patrat gets thrown away from the explosion, eventually hitting its back on a concrete wall, slumping down with its eyes turning into swirls. Its Trainer gives you a distraught look, followed with a streak of tears running down his cheeks as he calls you 'a cheater' for being so mean to his Pokémon, and yet he still opens his wallet and throws his prize money at you. He runs away to pick up his Patrat, then heads straight away to the Pokémon Center just nearby.

At the very least, you manage to win your first Pokémon battle! And with how Wailmer reacts to your command, the two of you sees no doubt in what will happen in the untold future as they can rely with each other. You give it another pat on its pained forehead, with it enjoying the affection.

As of now, the rest depends on where the path will lead you to. Where will you go?
  1. To the Pokémon Center, since the Poké Mart is also inside too!
  2. Head straight to an adventure, by going to the forest to the east!
  3. Or, go visit the mountain you can see from where you are!
  4. Alternatively, you can buy some ice creams on that one shady-looking cart to relieve you and your Pokémon!

Last edited:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Very well said, Morian. Your dedication here is admirable! ^-^

Meanwhile...

4. This is Pokemon Trivia. How can we not buy the Ice Creams.

YES! I'm 2000% with you on this! In tough times like these, PokéTrivia needs its ice cream so it can keep being the fun and hysterical place it has always been. :D Also, I'd love to see the plot twist that comes out of getting ice cream, hehe. ;)

#4 for me!

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
Very well said, Morian. Your dedication here is admirable! ^-^

Meanwhile...

YES! I'm 2000% with you on this! In tough times like these, PokéTrivia needs its ice cream so it can keep being the fun and hysterical place it has always been. :D Also, I'd love to see the plot twist that comes out of getting ice cream, hehe. ;)

#4 for me!
*nods* Might as well let that go and speak my mind for once.

Also, a man in black pushing an ice cream cart? Giving Casteliacones for 'free' because he has some suspicious reason?! A likely story!

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
Aw, the battle is already over... that means no epic battle OST...
and I'm not even sure whether the outskirts count as part of the settlement or as route,
I thus have no clue what soundtrack to put on...
Meh, just put one some good 'ol Ranger stuff!
This driving track could probably fit almost anywhere anyway!
Hzd8Rqp.png

For how much I'd enjoy offering our fellow a treat, it'd be best if we treated them first!
1.Off to the PC! While at it, we might as well log onto PC through the PC's PC!

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
Wailmer is broken. Pls nerf.

This isn't a fair poll by the way, we all know which option is going to win this. I vote #4. #yesbecauseicecream

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
Soooo, since it ended up with a tie and has gone for a bit longer than intended, I decided to go along with the two choices simultaneously.
Seems pointless to ask, but looks like nobody is giving a nickname to the Pokémon, lmao.
And since you're about to visit the Poké Mart, try to choose the combination of items provided that you think is the best because seems like it would be a drag to individually split them up. Yes, this is an excuse to not to, hehe. Do it like 1a. or 3b., you get the gist.

Vote Tally:
> 1. To the Pokémon Center, since the Poké Mart is also inside too! 3 Votes
2. Head straight to an adventure, by going to the forest to the east! 0 Vote
3. Or, go visit the mountain you can see from where you are! 0 Vote
> 4. Alternatively, you can buy some ice creams on that one shady-looking cart to relieve you and your Pokémon! 3 Votes

Pokémon
iIalld2.png
Wailmer (♂) Status: Healthy Moves: Water Gun, Bounce, Growl, Eye Beam

Inventory
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
PokéDollars A common currency accepted worldwide. Earned from winning battles.

Deaths: 0​
Chapter 6: Ice Cream! Oof!

Though you know that you can just jump right into the way you'll take, it's a must for a Trainer for being ready at all times. Therefore, you decide to pay the Pokémon Center a visit as well as stocking up on what you may find useful for later use.

As you're about to move, you hear a bell chime nearby making you to glance to the side. The noise of crushed snow grows louder as you hastily rush your way towards the black ice cream cart. Run by a man in orange coverall and a Chimecho, the two notice your presence and they immediately cower below their stand, hands raised. You're not sure what may have frightened them, so you start by asking them if you can buy some ice cream.

"W-What can I do for you?!" The man nervously asked.
"Two Casteliacones, please."

As he heard your request, he quickly scoops up one... two... three... four...? The amount of scoops goes on and on, then he hands you two cones with superfluous amount of cream. You pay
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
200 in advance as the exchange goes awkwardly, you taking the ice creams from his shaking hands and him receiving the payment, before scurrying off from the stand screaming how he still wanted to live his family. His Chimecho also hurried afterwards, and you still haven't figured out why they were so scared. Regardless! The more the better! Both you and Wailmer take a huge bite on the ice creams you just bought, melting with a plain but delicious flavor.

The two of you savor the gloriously made ice creams, but as you turn back, your vision gets blurry for a moment. You think it may not be a good idea to have an ice cream in winter, but that doesn't seem to be case as more starts to struck you for every 3 steps you make. What does this mean? You turn to your Wailmer and see several identifiable purple bubbles floating about. You and your Pokémon must've gotten poisoned from the ice creams! Still, you manage to enter the Pokémon Center with a relaxing aroma wafting about. It feels very nice, your dizziness seems to have faded too! It appears that the Pokémon Center really cares about its customers from all sorts of ailing conditions for both Pokémon and Trainers.

As of now, you can buy something from the Poké Mart. And if you're done, where will you go from here?
  1. To the eastern forest!
  2. To the mountain on the center of the region!
  3. Visit the lakes just north from here!
  4. Alternatively, you can lounge around a little while inside.

What will you buy?
  • 5 Poké Balls, 3 Potions, 2 Antidotes for
    Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
    1800. Basically a basic starter pack. Sounds good?
  • 4 Poké Balls and a Poké Doll for exactly
    Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
    1800. You like these stuffy stuff?
  • 4 Poké Balls and an Old Rod for
    Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
    1800. Is this a general store now?
  • Not buying anything, eh?

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
2a. Climbing a mountain might be a bit counter-intuitive during the winter(well, going through the forest or near a lake might not be that great either), but again, a mountain path will most likely
have rock types and maybe ground types, thus we would have the type advantage.
Plus, we have a decent overview of the surroundings(even if we could just use a map for that...).
As for the supplies... well, remedies are the best guess.
Let's just hope we run into an other trainer, otherwise we probably won't dine tonight...
*brakes screeching* I FORGOT ABOUT THE NICKNAMES!
Uhm... is our wailmer XX or XY?
Well, I'm putting the masculine names in royal blue, feminine names in dark orchid and
leave blank eventual passe-par-tout nicks. *miniremo noises*

Nevermind, our wailmer is XY! Removing the XX names...

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
The town is boring, let's go on an adventure! #1
And definitely #c as well, because this seems an amazing deal and who needs antidotes anyway right?.

As for Wailmer name... I'm thinking the perfect name for a blue ball with a laser beam shot would be Cuddles. ;D

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
1a. Let's get as many Poké Balls as possible! Also, some Antidotes couldn't hurt, in case we get poisoned ice cream again. And last but not least, I think Wailmer can surprise the forest inhabitants.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Let's go with #1c! I'll take any excuse to have a fishing rod, haha. In the previous iteration of Choice Quest, I'm pretty sure the fishing rod was an invaluable plot device. xD

The two of you savor the gloriously made ice creams, but as you turn back, your vision gets blurry for a moment.

As soon as I read this sentence, I knew things were going down. Good ol' ice cream, eh?

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
3a. Going to the lake is nice and I should buy enough poke balls, potions, and antidotes.

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
2a. Climbing a mountain might be a bit counter-intuitive during the winter(well, going through the forest or near a lake might not be that great either), but again, a mountain path will most likely
have rock types and maybe ground types, thus we would have the type advantage.
Plus, we have a decent overview of the surroundings(even if we could just use a map for that...).
As for the supplies... well, remedies are the best guess.
Let's just hope we run into an other trainer, otherwise we probably won't dine tonight...
*brakes screeching* I FORGOT ABOUT THE NICKNAMES!
Uhm... is our wailmer XX or XY?
Well, I'm putting the masculine names in royal blue, feminine names in dark orchid and
leave blank eventual passe-par-tout nicks. *miniremo noises*

Nevermind, our wailmer is XY! Removing the XX names...

Spoiler:
I believe people can eat white snow. They serve as a good alternative! ...I think.

Also, don't you think it's a bit too much with the nicknames selection? Like, that's a lot and great, but let's stick with the one you like the most so everybody then can choose with the one they agreed in the next chapter. :D
The town is boring, let's go on an adventure! #1
And definitely #c as well, because this seems an amazing deal and who needs antidotes anyway right?.

As for Wailmer name... I'm thinking the perfect name for a blue ball with a laser beam shot would be Cuddles. ;D
Sounds like these stuff is a hit nowadays, though I don't quite get why people gets impatient after casting a line and waiting to catch some boots. Trend is a really weird thing to exist.

Also, Cuddles the Menace is simply too good to pass up. Hug it tight as the monster promotes destruction through the smallest thing it does!
Let's go with #1c! I'll take any excuse to have a fishing rod, haha. In the previous iteration of Choice Quest, I'm pretty sure the fishing rod was an invaluable plot device. xD

As soon as I read this sentence, I knew things were going down. Good ol' ice cream, eh?
Remember, it's just a beaten up stick with a string tied on its end! it may not work like intended, but let-s see how unrealistic things can be anyway. :D

Danger takes many different forms. But dang, the ice cream was so good, the least thing you could worry about is them to plop on the ground. Consider yourself lucky!
Professor Oak is secretly Nurse Joy confirmed.

The update can be expected in about 24 hours from now. For now, have some fun playing the other games in this section!

Back