• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No Holds Barred! - Fighting Type Fan Club

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
What is your favourite Fighting type move?
Probably Drain Punch, favourite Pokemon gets this and I love how they buffed it from 60 to 75 and plus it heals. Close Combat is nice too, despite the stat drop.

@PotW- Yes please!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
POTW is good as long as its not like mine :P haha
Anyways:
What is your favourite Fighting type move?
Id say high jump kick cause i really love the damage it does i hate focus punch though way too risky! For special attack its focus blast which i have on a lot of my special attackers for the ones who cant learn aura sphere! My favorite for the pokes with the iron fist ability is also drain punch especially on my golurk and Infernape they do great damage and give me more hp! But overall it will always be high jump kick so awesome!

faf

Years
I also like High Jump Kick but in game it likes to miss. D: But, it's definitely a high risk high reward move. Same with Focus Blast, I remember one match I had with a friend, Focus Blast missed 4 times in a row.

Dedenne1

Years
Hmmm I almost never miss with high jump kick hahah but a lot of people do! I also like jump kick which is pretty great. Isnt there an item your pokemon can hold or ability that doesnt allow the recoil? That would be super helpful i remember first seeing the move going against a hitmonlee not pretty. Focus blast i cant stand in competitive battling just never hits never never never NO FUN haha but that and auro sphere in my opinion are the special attacking fighting type moves. Really i dont have the patience for focus punch to work and its not that great in competitive battling really dynamic punch is a better move also cause confusion thats a really great move there!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
What's your favourite fighting type move?

High Jump Kick. Even though missing it is pretty much fatal, I love how powerful it is in comparison to moves like Dynamic Punch or Close Combat (which offer different drawbacks like stat lowering and 50% accuracy). On the other hand, High Jump Kick only has a 5% chance of missing and it usually results in an easy KO. One of my best moves for finishing tough opponents and a fun one too. :]

That being said, I do miss moves like Focus Blast and Hi Jump Kick a lot. Ah, well. :(

Drain Punch's an interesting choice but I feel like it falls off in terms of damage. I do like Mach Punch though, it's a great finisher.

@ PotW - Sounds good to me. :)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Pokémon of the Week has just started! Why not give your thoughts on the current Pokémon?

Pokémon of the Week: Pignite

I like Pignite. While I am more of an Emboar fan, I do think that this orange pig looks kind of cute. I don't think we've had a Pokémon that invoked the wrestling trope since Machamp. I've used one of these before, and I do think that it's pretty interesting, since it's stats and movepool make it a jack-of-all-trades. Some people say that it should be Fire/Ground, but I disagree. Sure, it looks bulky looking for a Ground type, but since it invokes the wrestling trope I don't see any point in changing its type to Fire/Ground. It isn't my absolute favourite Fighting type, but it's still cool regardless.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Pignite's cool for being the only dual type out of the three starters but other than that, it's alright. I liked that they tried to show the connection between wrestling and fighting types but it didn't really seem to have an impact with people. I personally thought they could of changed the animal used in the Pignite line since pigs and wrestlers just don't mix well together. Add a bit of fire and you've got yourself bacon jokes about the poor guys. :(

That being said, it's certainly not my favourite of the three fire/fightings. While I enjoyed Emboar's bulk, I still preferred the speed and offensive power of Blaziken or Infernape. But it was a great starter and definitely one that was easy to train and get the hang of. So overall, Pignite's an okay pokemon. I'm not usually a fan of second stage starters but its still pretty cool in some regards. :>

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Username?: Venitardus
Pick a partner Pokémon!: (shiny) Primeape
Reason for joining?: I like the design of fighting types. I have always had atleast one fighting type in my team through atleast one play through of each game.
Answer the current topic!:

Pignite is one I don't like actually. I just don't like its design for the most part. But I like how it's a duel type. I kinda wish it was Fire/ ground though, but it being a fighting type I can't argue much, since I do like emboar.

Dedenne1

Years
Hmm although on my first run i used him as a started i never found appeal with him just Infernape and Blaziken lines seem to have a lot more popularity. For one thing i also cant say i love how it looks although kinda cute he doesnt seem like hed have much power hmmm. Although i must say i do like him better than mincer no cause mon ferns could be sooooo much better

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Pignite seems to be a fitting evolution for Tepig, if you ask me.

The Pokémon contains features here and there around its body which resemble its pre-evolution form, which is one thing I'm fond of when it comes to Pignite. Generally, it seems to be a mixture of both tough and cute, so to speak, and that suits a middle-stage Pokémon like this without any problem at all.

I'm not sure how good Pignite might be when it comes to battling, unfortunately, as I've never utilized it as much as its final form--Emboar. Emboar, however, could be quite helpful in terms of this, as its offensive stats are rather top-notch. Sometimes, unfortunately, the Pokémon could wind up to be a little difficult to use, but it won't be an issue if we manage to get over.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Username?: Venitardus
Pick a partner Pokémon!: (shiny) Primeape
Reason for joining?: I like the design of fighting types. I have always had atleast one fighting type in my team through atleast one play through of each game.
Answer the current topic!:

Pignite is one I don't like actually. I just don't like its design for the most part. But I like how it's a duel type. I kinda wish it was Fire/ ground though, but it being a fighting type I can't argue much, since I do like emboar.

Welcome to the club!

You know, I never understood why people want Pignite to be Fire/Ground, but do you have an idea on why it should be?

Pignite seems to be a fitting evolution for Tepig, if you ask me.

The Pokémon contains features here and there around its body which resemble its pre-evolution form, which is one thing I'm fond of when it comes to Pignite. Generally, it seems to be a mixture of both tough and cute, so to speak, and that suits a middle-stage Pokémon like this without any problem at all.

I'm not sure how good Pignite might be when it comes to battling, unfortunately, as I've never utilized it as much as its final form--Emboar. Emboar, however, could be quite helpful in terms of this, as its offensive stats are rather top-notch. Sometimes, unfortunately, the Pokémon could wind up to be a little difficult to use, but it won't be an issue if we manage to get over.

I agree. People wanted a quadrupedal boar for Tepig's evolution, but I wouldn't think it would work all that well, as like you said, Tepig is a rather round Pokémon. Then again that's how I feel for a lot of Pokémon and their evolutions.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
When it comes to design, though, I'm not precisely sure if I'm a fan of Emboar (although it's not bad on the side of battling). Sometimes, I feel like they've added a bit too much detail onto its appearance, which is one thing that pushes me away. If they had made Emboar seem slightly more simple--sort of like Rapidash, Charizard, Typhlosion, and other fire-type Pokémon--things likely would've been better for it overall. Then again, I'm not that great at Pokémon designing in comparison to others, so I don't know; I suppose my way of thinking here might not be very solid.

faf

Years
Pignite grew on me, namely due to the BW manga. I think its appearance is pretty cute. But, I do prefer Emboar more. Also, I do think the design (Emboar) should be simplified a bit but not too much since I find too simple = bland. It's about finding that balance...
Though I heard Reckless will be good for Emboar, Wild Charge and Flare Blitz getting boosts aw yeah~

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Pokémon of the Week has been updated! Why not discuss the current Pokémon?

Pokémon of the Week: Breloom
Breloom's interesting, if I do say so myself. It is apparently good at battling, but to be honest, anytime I use one I kind of struggle a bit. I guess it's because I'm using one in RSE, a game before the P/S Split, but apparently Breloom is a good Pokémon, even before the Split. I guess I was never destined to be good with this Pokémon.

I do like its design, though. It's quirky, but I like the little touches like the cap and the elastic arms. It also has a nice Shiny form.

Dedenne1

Years
I love breloom! Its a great competitive pokemon and i always used one in my hoenn 3rd gen adventures and he was powerful and took everyone out! I really like his typing tooo and if u can take advantage of spore now u can get so much done in competitive battling! But he definately is a fav of mine especially with design its so unique compared to others!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
I love breloom! Its a great competitive pokemon and i always used one in my hoenn 3rd gen adventures and he was powerful and took everyone out! I really like his typing tooo and if u can take advantage of spore now u can get so much done in competitive battling! But he definately is a fav of mine especially with design its so unique compared to others!

Yeah, Spore is a fantastic move. Too bad that it's only limited to mushroom Pokémon.

I could definitely see why people like using Breloom a lot. It has Poison Heal and Technician, its movepool works well along with its Abilities and its Attack stat gets the job well done. I guess I've never been good at using one because of its Grass/Fighting typing. I face a lot of Flying types, and they tend to take down my Breloom quickly. It makes sense as Breloom isn't all that fast.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Odysset is no longer interested in running this club, so if someone would like to take over, let me know, otherwise I'll be locking it up in a few days.

Back