• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Awww Linoone. <3 Anyway, Milotic is pretty cute, but Azumarill is also nice. Though it's not as good as it is in later generations. Uhhh Lanturn is adorable and pretty good as well. And you need Altaria. :3 Everything else is pretty adorable~

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2012
Are these five Pokemon GBA games bootleg/fake?

First time poster, sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I'm fairly certain these cartridges are fake, after looking around. I just ordered them on eBay, here's the link to the picture. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the labels aren't shiny and the Ruby label is off.

I didn't realize until after I committed to buy that they may not be legit. So now the problem is that I'd like to get a refund BEFORE it's shipped, if possible, so I don't have to pay return shipping. How should I handle this? I'm thinking I should try to get a full refund before it is shipped by contacting the seller, then give him a negative review saying they were fake. If I somehow can't get in contact with him to do so, then since I ordered it through PayPal, I should be protected, right? Again, if I'm wrong about them being fake, stop me now. This is my first time ordering GBA games on eBay, but from what I've read, these look like elaborate fakes.

Thanks in advance.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
They're fake. Stay away. I can't really tell you what to do about getting a refund though. We don't really specialize in that here, so you'd have to contact an ebay...person. See, I never use eBay so idk if they have some sort of staff team or whatnot. But yeah, they're horribly fake. Don't get committed before finding out these things in the future, cause then you get in this situation. :( But we can't really help with getting a refund and such here. You'll definitely be better off asking eBay personnel.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
So does anyone know about Raging Ruby and Summon Sapphire if there is a remake coming?

Sound like hack names. There are no confirmed remakes as of yet. May not be any for a while. There will definitely be a thread about them when we find confirmation though.

tnfsf11

I've just started playing Leaf Green and I wonder should I get a Spearow or a Farfetch'd?
I'm asking this because when I played Ruby I evolved a Magikarp into a Gyarados but it was so weak and useless unlike how it was in Gold, I'm afraid that will be the same for Farfetch'd...

So what do you think?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I've just started playing Leaf Green and I wonder should I get a Spearow or a Farfetch'd?
I'm asking this because when I played Ruby I evolved a Magikarp into a Gyarados but it was so weak and useless unlike how it was in Gold, I'm afraid that will be the same for Farfetch'd...

So what do you think?

Farfetch'd has ALWAYS been weak, I wouldn't suggest using it in any game. Fearow isn't bad, it's just Dodrio is just better in almost every way.

tnfsf11

I'm just saying Farfetch'd was tough in Pokemon Gold, will it be the same in Leaf Green?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm just saying Farfetch'd was tough in Pokemon Gold, will it be the same in Leaf Green?

Farfetch'd has ALWAYS been weak, I wouldn't suggest using it in any game.

Felt like doing it this way because the question you just asked was already answered.

Farfetch'd has deplorable stats and most players do not recommend using one for any reason other than a Cut/Fly HM Slave.

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2020
Just starting out on Emerald for the first time, what are some good pokemon to catch near the start?

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
It looks fake to me. All of the fonts (except for POKEMON RUBY VERSION) are wrong, and the Nintendo seal is messed up.

It says Nintendo on the board.

I bought it off amazon.

And compared to a real cart, mine looks real, aside from the E, but that could just be my eyes.

The circuitboard looks fake. It has nintendo and the number thing, but it also has a chip with asian writing on it and a 'black blob'

The cartridge casing comes off easily.

Ah well. It was a christmas present, so I will forget about it, until It affects gameplay.

It also says "The game can be played" which I heard is a major give away.

I shall forget about it, until my file corrupts, which I hope it doesn't.

It may be real, but I'm not sure.

If it is fake, it's a damn good copy, as it is near impossible to notice.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Just starting out on Emerald for the first time, what are some good pokemon to catch near the start?

Ralts and Lotad are pretty good Pokemon. I have no complaints about their final evolutions. Not much in the very beginning of the game is really all that great though honestly, but those two stand out imo.

Years
Also, remember that picking a version is entirely your opinion so keep that in mind.

If you're having trouble deciding, check the version exclusives link that Vaporeon linked you to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back