• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
Psycho Squirtle: Could you please explain how you came across some of those? (this is standard procedure for people joining with lots of shinies)

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2006
well i reseted for the deoxys, mewtwo, groudon, and mudkip the metagross was just a fluke with the beldum STEVEN gives you the rest i hunted for in my 2 sapphires 3 rubys 2 FR 3 emeralds and 4 LG(lot of reletives know i like pokemon) and to save time i got 3 GBA SPs along with my original 2(i also worked at EBGames) i understand Metal Mario its just to weed out the liars

Years
The odds are the same as when you started: 1/8192 per encounter. You're now past the 90th percentile (ie. 90% of people looking for shinies would've found at least one by now). I'm unable to lift the curse until I obtain a shiny Seviper.

Currently filling up BoxDex on Sapphire and finishing Emerald, again, in preparation of obtaining my first Johto starter. After this play, I'll just blast through as quickly as possible to get the second starter. On the fourth play (one after this), I hunt. First target = Treecko. I'll only give it a few hundred resets, though, since I don't care that much about getting it.

Psycho Squirtle, you're in.

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
Years
I have had no luck what so ever. anyway im still reseting for sudowoodo and i might possibly be able to get a faraway island cheat of my friend. anyway ill just catch it normal shiny mew is ugly the blueness makes it no longer cute. thats all i have to report for now. im having a tournement tommorow and im useing ho-oh and lugia as prizes anyway,i might be able to get some more hunting done as i think im going down Doncaster next week. good luck everyone.

Crytuf

Dark Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • usa
  • Seen Sep 23, 2006
AARRRGGG!!!! whoever put this curse on, i hate you....

over 150 hours of magikarp hunting....
thats about 18,000

OMFG someone please kill me?

i wish you all luck, and may today be the lucky day...

/edit *new icon...*

Years
o_0 The only "curse" I'm aware of is the one which stops LDD from finding a shiny Seviper.

Where has everybody gone? This place has all but dried up. We can't let that happen to our precious SHC!

Edit: OMGOMG! This might up the activity level a bit. *holds up tomato-coloured cocoon*

I JUST FOUND A SHINY METAPOD!!

I was levelling up a Nindada in Viridian Forest (man, those things take buttloads of EXP u.u) and I found this thing. It's female (suitable for a Pink Butterfree ^.^), but I haven't checked anything else yet. Boy, what's with me and finding shiny mid-stages? I'll, as always, be back with more info in a little bit.

Edit2: Pictures! And in no time at all! (I've gotten to be pretty quick at setting things up.)

12-MetapodL5a.jpg
12-MetapodL5b.jpg

I think there must be some odd side-effect of the Seviper Curse, that I'm unwittingly stealing all of LDD's luck. @.@ (I'd give it back if I could!)

Edit3: o.o This place is a ghost town! I'm back with IVs:

HP: 23
Atk: 29
Def: 16
SpAtk: 13
SpDef: 2
Speed: 10

I have to get her to L51 to know whether Speed's 10 or 11, and I don't have enough Rare Candies to do that. Edit4: I pulled a stunt with a Carbos. It's 10.

Last edited:

Johnny Boy~

Bom Chika Wah Wah
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 26, 2007
I own a rare shiney pokemon from my pokemon hack "pokemon Goldenrod". Look at my avatar and tell me what it is...

It's the only one i have, but it is so rare that i think i should be a member. Also, i saw a pink celebi in my game hack, but i accidentally used my last pokeball on the match before it...

Years
wait your saying you dont know who mew is well any way mew is an unobtainable shiney and i dont think shinys from hacks are acceptable
and super congrats to you MM i cant wait to get my digital camera so i can show off my shinys

Years
con said:
I own a rare shiney pokemon from my pokemon hack "pokemon Goldenrod". Look at my avatar and tell me what it is...

It's the only one i have, but it is so rare that i think i should be a member. Also, i saw a pink celebi in my game hack, but i accidentally used my last pokeball on the match before it...
That's nice. Unfortunately, we don't count shinies found by any means not sanctioned by Nintendo, which includes ROM hacks. You're still welcome to be a member. Members don't need to own any shinies.

I've finished all the card requests. All it took was a nudge from a certain Tomato Cocoon.

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
Years
Congrats Mm well i can still hatch for caterpie as it was a metapod you captured. No news,i gave up on sudowoodo,it is really frustrating after a while of Reseting and i think i Finnaly went Crazy over it. anyway enougth of my pointless lectures on how crazy i went. good luck everyone.

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Guys, I know I´ve been absent for long, it was a bit lack of interest...
I didn´t read the posts I missed yet, I just need to...tell you something.

All my Pokémon stuff...got stolen. >.<
*Cries to sleep*
I´d think I´d get more hurt than this, but I am still very hurt.

I HOPE THEY CATCH THE HELLISH THIEF AND STICK A BAZOOKA UP HIS BUTT!!>______<

...Oh well, I´ve still got ROMs, at least. X_x
I dunno what I´ll do now that I only have the ROMs, will you guys remove Tentacruel from the list or keep it?

Well, good luck to everyone, and I hope this never happens to any of you...

Last edited:
Back