• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"What is this? Is it fake? How much is it worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 60
  • Seen Sep 8, 2017
I have a common card with an HP 6000. I can't find one anywhere. Im guessing a misprint?
Basic Klefki 73/111, 2014
Wouldn't it be worth more than common?
Thank you.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 9, 2017
I have a card I just got from a booster pack last night and it has one corner that is square cut. It's a team rocket's handiwork supporter card #124/124. Is this card worth anything?

Years
  • Age 57
  • Seen Sep 17, 2017
Misprinted card.

Does this thing have any value? It has overlapping lines and the pokeball is upside down on the back of the card. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8882.jpg
    IMG_8882.jpg
    881 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8883.jpg
    IMG_8883.jpg
    815.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8886.jpg
    IMG_8886.jpg
    827.6 KB · Views: 3
Years
  • Age 57
  • Seen Sep 17, 2017
I've moved your post to the appropriate thread for these types of questions.

So, to answer your question: It has no value because it's actually a counterfeit/fake.

It's a ten year old card. Why would someone make a counterfeit card of something with so little value back then? It could actually be a misprint?

Years
Why would someone make a phony card of so little value?

It's a ten year old card. Why would someone make a counterfeit card of something with so little value back then? It could actually be a misprint?

Because the cost of making it was way cheaper than the money that was able to be made by selling a run of counterfeit cards. Also, it was probably made 6 to 10 years ago.

And because there was a highly sought after Luxray card that was tournament legal from 2009 to 2011 by the name of Luxray GL Lv X, and people were probably hoping to make some money off of selling a counterfeit Luxray card.

And I know it's fake because it has a whole list of tells that give away that it is one:

None of the energy symbols match what is used on cards, as they all look "flat" on that card while the energy symbols tend to have a very pronounced 3D effect and shadow on them.
None of the fonts match any in use on any Pokemon card.
The positioning for the Pokedex stats below the picture is way further off than I've ever seen it on any official card.
The fonts overlap things in other places, too, like the bottom of the Poke-Power symbol and the bar that separates the attacks from the flavor text, for instance.
The PokeBall on the back being flipped around is another tell.
And that's before we even get into the fact that the "holo" pattern on your counterfeit looks like it was just taken from a scan of the card because you can see literally all of the stars/dots in the pattern when in most lighting you won't see all of them.

Here's the actual card it was attempting to be a counterfeit of for comparison:
displayimage.php

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 57
  • Seen Sep 17, 2017
Thanks for all the info. I would have never thought they would try to counterfeit such a low value card. My son is going to be bummed out. Thanks again for your time.

Last edited:
Years
Thanks for all the info. I would have never thought they would try to counterfeit such a low value card. My son is going to be bummed out. Thanks again for your time.

Part of why they do it is to make it not obvious that the pack they sold it in is a counterfeit pack and to take advantage of those who don't know better. The counterfeiters don't want people like me who've been collecting our whole lives buying their counterfeits because we know the tells and can complain to the stores that stock the counterfeits without even buying their counterfeits, they want to trick people who don't know better like younger schoolchildren and the older relatives who are buying the cards for those younger schoolchildren.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 18, 2017
What's this *Mint* Machamp worth?..

Not sure what to value this at

Got it ages ago

Put it in attachments.. I'm brand new to this forum sorry for any mistakes..

Attachments

• IMG_0674.jpg
    IMG_0674.jpg
    849.5 KB · Views: 9
Years
Not sure what to value this at

Got it ages ago

Put it in attachments.. I'm brand new to this forum sorry for any mistakes..

Hi, welcome! So first things first, I've moved your post to the appropriate thread for these types of questions.

Secondly: that card isn't in mint condition, as I can see some noticeable edge-wear around the edge of the card.

Your particular Machamp (a worn, shadowed, Base Set Machamp) is worth between $1 and $2.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 20, 2017
How much are these cards worth?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anybody could shed some light on the value of a couple of cards I have. I own a Rocket's Mewtwo ex in mint condition, as well as a Delta species Mew which is near mint. I hear that the latter is a pretty desirable one. If anyone could help me on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 26, 2017
Hi
I'm new on this forum. just for this card I have. I know the normal value of the card but I noticed it is a big fat dot on the "Nintendo" text, looks like a flies sh**, but it's ink.
I tried to look at images, but I can't find similar.
So my question is: Is it normal, that sometimes it can happen in printing process? Value, up or down or no change?

Thanx, and sorry for large picture xD

WP_20170919_23_07_25_Pro.jpg

Years
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anybody could shed some light on the value of a couple of cards I have. I own a Rocket's Mewtwo ex in mint condition, as well as a Delta species Mew which is near mint. I hear that the latter is a pretty desirable one. If anyone could help me on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Rocket's Mewtwo ex is going for between $35 and $40, but I think that's a significant overpay because PSA graded versions of the card are going for just a tiny bit more. Though going further back, prices for it are unpredictable and ridiculous since it's a card with Mewtwo on it and people really like Mewtwo.

Which Delta Species Mew do you have? There's the regular Delta Species Mew (which is a Fire type) and the Gold Star Delta Species Mew (which is a water type). Which one do you have?

Hi
I'm new on this forum. just for this card I have. I know the normal value of the card but I noticed it is a big fat dot on the "Nintendo" text, looks like a flies sh**, but it's ink.
I tried to look at images, but I can't find similar.
So my question is: Is it normal, that sometimes it can happen in printing process? Value, up or down or no change?

Thanx, and sorry for large picture xD

It reduces the value somewhat if it's an actual printing error and not just something stuck on the card, but that all depends on your buyer. It's not unusual to see and not terribly rare, but it's also not exactly common, either, to the point where I am inclined to think it's something that got stuck to the card first before I think it's a printing error (seen the thing stuck to card one more frequently).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 26, 2017
Thanx so much for fast reply!!
It's all for fun of collecting and not so much for the value, but it's good to know what the community thinks.. :D

My gf have this card, and it's stray out from a retail store. What do you think about the missing ink?
Not so lucky..?

WP_20170920_09_18_17_Pro.jpg

Again.. Thanx

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 20, 2017
Thank you for the fast reply!

I have the water type mew delta species with the gold star.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back