• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: ASM & Disassembly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
I deleted a couple of lines, check the spoilers. Also make sure you are running python build and then python insert after the build.
Now I'm getting this one. :(
Code:
Where is: 8388608<class 'int'>
data is: <class 'bytes'>

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "scripts//insert", line 158, in <module>
    rom.write(array)
NameError: name 'array' is not defined
I tried "from array import array" and "from numpy import array" but it didn't work. :(

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Now I'm getting this one. :(
Code:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "scripts//insert", line 158, in <module>
    rom.write(array)
NameError: name 'array' is not defined
I tried "from array import array" and "from numpy import array" but it didn't work. :(

whoops, delete the last line of the quoted code too.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
whoops, delete the last line of the quoted code too.
Well, now no other errors except this one.
Code:
It keeps appearing and of course I still tried to test the output test.gba, it crashes the moment it enters the battle. :(

Last edited:

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Well, now no other errors except this one.
Code:
It keeps appearing and of course I still tried to test the output test.gba, it crashes the moment it enters the battle. :(

That's not an error, that's print statements in the insert code I put in there some time ago while trying to debug a few things. Leftovers I haven't removed :D

It's probably not working because it's overwriting data you're using in your hack. Try it on a clean ROM without save states.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
That's not an error, that's print statements in the insert code I put in there some time ago while trying to debug a few things. Leftovers I haven't removed :D

It's probably not working because it's overwriting data you're using in your hack. Try it on a clean ROM without save states.
Oh... Well, I've been using a clean ROM aaand I am not using any saves. :( I really don't know what's happening.

EDIT: I just turned on the sounds while playing so it is actually just a blackscreen but the sound for battle is still playing.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
Hi, I'm running into a weird issue.
I was following along with the 'Pokecrystal for Dummies' guide so I could learn how to make a new map. I followed the guide exactly, using the Route 101 example, but when I try to make the rom in Cygwin I get this error:
Unknown symbol 'ROUTE_101_WIDTH'
make: *** [Makefile:59: pokecrystal.gbc] Error 1

I've no idea where this symbol came from or where it's located. Anyone run into this problem before?

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Oh... Well, I've been using a clean ROM aaand I am not using any saves. :( I really don't know what's happening.

EDIT: I just turned on the sounds while playing so it is actually just a blackscreen but the sound for battle is still playing.

I don't know. It seems to be working fine for me, and the community hack so :/
Try to delete and redownload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back