• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[META] Next Gender Race Game Ideas?

Years
So, basically, it was suggested that the gender race be changed. So, what this thread is for is to ask for ideas that I'll be posting into a poll next week to decide the direction of the game! One of those options will be keeping it as is.

So, post your ideas for any possible changes in the game's format here, whether they're more minor tweaks or complete style changes to how the game plays!

Years
Oooo cool o/

I purpose a Order vs Chaos or Good vs Evil or Hero vs Villain ( name can be anything xD )

Like gender race there are two faction Good one and Evil one, you can side with one of them whether you're a girl or boy..Both factions start at 0 whoever reach 1000 first, wins..

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
But @Desi, it won't be a 'gender race' then, right :)?

Yes @Radiating & this poll is actually a result of discussions me & Don had, regarding that.

The Gender Race wasn't actually a 'Gender Race', since people were not voting with their Genders, so I have an idea to prevent people from switching Genders, while also giving them the option to vote for any Gender they want, but we thought get some opinions in first.

Here's what I propose:-

Let Members register for the Gender Race & have them choose to represent any character from Fandom (if the Character can have both Genders/no Gender, they are free to opt for what Gender they want it to be). We then divide them into two groups, according to the Gender of the Character they chose, rather than the Gender of the said Member.

Everyone who registers starts with about 200 Points (or whatever number we reach by consensus). For e.g.:-

Male Character 1 = 200
Male Character 2 = 200
Male Character 3 = 200
Male Character 4 = 200
Male Character 5 = 200

Female Character 1 = 200
Female Character 2 = 200
Female Character 3 = 200
Female Character 4 = 200
Female Character 5 = 200

Then we do Hurt/Heal, i.e. with every subsequent post, add +10 & subtract -10 from a Character in each group, say:-

Male Character 1 = 200 + 10 = 210
Male Character 2 = 200 - 10 = 190
Male Character 3 = 200
Male Character 4 = 200
Male Character 5 = 200

Female Character 1 = 200 + 10 = 210
Female Character 2 = 200 - 10 = 190
Female Character 3 = 200
Female Character 4 = 200
Female Character 5 = 200

Rules:-

1. Whoever drops to zero, gets eliminated immediately.
2. Every PC Member, even those who don't register, are free to Post. Eliminated Members are also allowed to post for whoever they want to.
3. Its not necessary you Vote yourself up as long as you're in the Game, you can Vote someone else up as well.
4. The two who survive (one male character & one female character) will then represent their respective Genders & are pitted against each other in the final showdown.

This does change the game structure a bit, but at least it will ensure people do not switch mid-way.

We can work on the rules a bit more, but if you guys dig the basic idea, put a like on this post :).

Pika Pika :chu:

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
First of all, I'm pretty sure I'll be retiring from gender races in general. One was good enough for me(at least for now).

That said, I think the main selling point of the previous game was its simplicity. Therefore rather than over-complicating it I suggest the following:

-Keep it as a gender race
-Allow guys to help the girls(or vice versa) as official "retainers."
-Switching will not be allowed as people will be registered as being on one side from the moment they make their first post(as a database on the thread's first post)
-I still think girls should be able to vote by two(though I might be biased haha)

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
Absolutely no side switching allowed.

It kind of ruined the last game. :/
You can blame the inequal rules for that, side switching was a smart protest against them.

LegendChu seems to learned from that, his hurt/heal idea is great and what's important, equal.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
I think girls should not be allowed to vote by two as the last gender race proved that they didn't need that. {XD}
LegendChu's idea is pretty cool though, the actual concept is nice and it can also prevent side switching which kind of defeated the purpose of the last gender race.

Years
lol we can't have more than 3 counting games so my idea is mehhh then.

I like Chu's idea but I can also see it as turning into favorite character thing..... like if someone posted their fandom character as Saber ( fate stay/night) or Erza ( fairy tail )

I'll simply add points to them.....then instead of Gender race, it'll be more like: Hurt N Heal: Fandom edition...

Edit: lol I agree with Raffy if that many guys (like last gender race) are going to help girls side then its better to let it as classic gender race with no switching side midway.

Last edited:
Years
even though my favorite characters are female i will still represent the male side but i think we need to reside with our actual gender like men stay on men and girls stay on girls

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
Don't get me wrong Desi, your idea is good as a separate game :). I can also understand why Don has the no more than 3 counting games rule & I'm totally for it.

Okay, so a Classic Gender Race means guys stay on the guys side & girls on the girls side. Now that will be unfair on the girls, because traditionally, as with previous versions, not many girls played the game anyways. Girls voting up by two, guys by one seems unfair on the guys, seeing how the last one went. If we let guys help girls (or vice versa), that defeats the purpose of a Gender Race. But then again, I don't think it should be disallowed either, I mean everyone has the freedom of choice. So taking everything into account, I came up with this.

The basic idea is to have people register & choose sides, before the actual race starts, so as to prevent mid-games switches. The Fandom Characters, Hurt/Heal idea is to make things a bit more interesting (normal is boring :P), while still keeping it a Gender Race & also allowing everyone the freedom to choose sides.

Not saying its the perfect solution, some things can still be worked on, but imo we should try it. If it works, good, if it doesn't we can always switch back to the normal version :).

Years
-Keep it as a gender race
-Allow guys to help the girls(or vice versa) as official "retainers."
-Switching will not be allowed as people will be registered as being on one side from the moment they make their first post(as a database on the thread's first post)
-I still think girls should be able to vote by two(though I might be biased haha)

This minus the last suggestion. The Gender Race is a simple game, no need to turn it into an overly complicated mess.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
This minus the last suggestion. The Gender Race is a simple game, no need to turn it into an overly complicated mess.
Agreed. My last point wasn't meant to be as serious as the others. Though I still think that guys switching sides was a bigger problem than girls being able to count by two.

Years
Guys switching sides seemed to balance the game more than girls counting up by 2, although this may have changed in the 2 years since I paid attention to the gender race.

Years
As Emboar and Alakazam have stated, keeping the gender race a simple game is most likely the best idea. Honestly I don't want the gender game to become a complicated thing as LegendChu proposes. (It's basically a rehash of the 'Great Pokemon Battle' and 'Gym Leader Melee' elimination games on Trivia.)

I just want to keep this game as it is, but with additional rules to prevent side switching and making the game balanced for both sides.

Last edited:
Years
Personally, I am quite a bit more in favor of keeping the same rules as last time but then adding a strict "no switching sides once you've picked one" rule to that set, but I didn't want to color discussions right away by posting my opinion in the first post of the thread.

Agreed. My last point wasn't meant to be as serious as the others. Though I still think that guys switching sides was a bigger problem than girls being able to count by two.

Side-switching after joining the game probably tipped the scales. It was actually sort of balanced before that point with bumping up the counting power for girls.

Girls voting up by two, guys by one seems unfair on the guys, seeing how the last one went.

Problem is, it was balanced for quite a while until literally just the last month when too many people who were counting with the boys switched sides.

You can blame the inequal rules for that, side switching was a smart protest against them.

Don't even start this in here. The rule was put in place because the last 8 threads were basically 100% boys winning every game by a landslide, and things were actually balanced until too many boys changed the sides they were counting on. This instance was a case of balancing the game to breathe fresh life into it in the same manner Wizards of the Coast will periodically ban cards from use in specific MTG formats because they're game-breaking.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
The basic idea is to have people register & choose sides, before the actual race starts, so as to prevent mid-games switches. The Fandom Characters, Hurt/Heal idea is to make things a bit more interesting (normal is boring :P), while still keeping it a Gender Race & also allowing everyone the freedom to choose sides.

Not saying its the perfect solution, some things can still be worked on, but imo we should try it. If it works, good, if it doesn't we can always switch back to the normal version :).
I agree with you, your idea is worth of trying. We wont lost anything if we try it.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
I think the rules were in place for the last race, given how guys always dominated Gender Races (although it did get very imbalanced towards the end). The girls won, because they strategized better. Convincing people to vote in your favour was also strategy, so let's not take anything away from the girls, they deserved the win on the last race. But that Race is over & I don't think we should have the girls up by 2, guys by 1 rule again.

My idea was keeping in mind that when you say Gender Race, all Genders must be represented, but traditionally its always been guys vs girls. Anyways, don't want to get into that debate, already discussed it.

I also don't think its that complicated either, it is an attempt to try something new & is explained clearly. Gender Races are a variation of hurt/heal anyways, you are are adding/subtracting with each post, the only difference is my proposal is a more traditional hurt/heal.

Anyways, its upto Don to decide, I've made my points. But we need to reach a consensus here.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I don't think anyone seriously tried to get the guys to join the girls. I admit I teased the subject a few times, but I wasn't trying to brainwash guys into changing sides. The only strategy I used was making conversation with the guys, because I knew every reply they gave me increased our count by one in the long run. ^_^

Anyway I've been trying to come up with other possible ideas, and I want to see what people think of this:

-Instead of making only double-posting against the rules, users would also have to wait until two people post before posting again. An alternative would be to make this a rule only for people counting by two and getting them to post by one otherwise. For example:

Alice: 517
Roger: 516
Alice: 517 (because there's only one post since her last)
Steve: 516
Roger: 515
Alice: 517 (because there are at least two posts since her last)

Last edited:
Years
I just don't think the Gender Game needs to be another copy of already similar games we have in Pokemon Trivia. I prefer to keep this 'Tug of rope' kind of game.

I also do like Alakazam's idea, sometimes it was only 1 guy and 1 girl, making the girls gain points for just posting repeatedly.

Back