• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Which anime has the best soundtrack?

Years
This is super subjective to me but in terms of personal appeal, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt had an insanely appealing electronic OST. It was a soundtrack that completely fit the show and Fly Away being used in transformation scenes is pretty apt.

Another anime that's got a good, well suited OST is Non Non Biyori, with the ambient music being calming like the show and the idle country school life it portrays. Obentou, for instance. Actually, here's a good sampling of the OST. Non Non Biyori Repeat should earn a spot here as well but I can't find any samplings of its OST.

That said, I personally don't really notice the soundtracks much, though I probably would notice their absence.

Working on giving the songs you've posted a listen right now, though.

Last edited:
Years
Elfen Lied, Shinsekai Yori and Fairy Tail are three series that come to mind that all have extremely good music... albeit all for totally different reasons. It's interesting because the shows themselves definitely wouldn't appeal to everyone but I think most people could easily agree the music is good.

Years
Elfen Lied, Shinsekai Yori and Fairy Tail are three series that come to mind that all have extremely good music... albeit all for totally different reasons. It's interesting because the shows themselves definitely wouldn't appeal to everyone but I think most people could easily agree the music is good.

Fairy Tail had like 2 ost tracks played at various tempos with different instruments. lol

Years
Fairy Tail had like 2 ost tracks played at various tempos with different instruments. lol

I wasn't asked if there was a variety, I was asked if the music was good.
If that Celtic sounding piece they use constantly doesn't make you want to get up, go to a bar and punch people then I don't know what to say to you. Not a great anime by any means but the music definitely does what it's meant to.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Elfen Lied, Shinsekai Yori and Fairy Tail are three series that come to mind that all have extremely good music...

Fairy Tail music is amaaaaaazing~

Spoiler:

I also really love the music from Yugioh! 5Ds, Katanogatari had some rad music, and I doooo like the music from Dragon Ball super. Ultimate Battle was amazing. *_*

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
Years
I will have to unanimously give Samurai Champloo this honor. Even with the passing of Nujabes, I still hold each track of this show dearly.

Back