• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ Heart of Soul ] Generation 2 Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Which Johto Pokemon mega evolution is your favorite and why?
Mega Scizor. They were planning to make it look like a ninja, and if you ask me, they were pretty successful at it. :] This Pokémon also makes a great battler. With one-fifty Attack stat and access to moves like U-Turn, Bullet Punch, and Superpower, it could take out almost any of your opponents in an instant. Along with Mega Scizor, I like Mega Tyranitar too. It looks very aggressive and intimidating in terms of design, which I'm a big fan of. Due to that, I like Mega Houndoom as well.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years

Mega Tyranitar, just because it looks even more terrifying than it already did and it gets a boost to its already high Attack stat to make it an awesome battler.

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
Years
Name: Mister Oshawott

Partner Pokemon: Ampharos and Typhlosion.

Topic Answer *What was the first Johto game you played?*: I was one of those eager Gen One'rs to get their hands on Pokemon Gold version. Loved Totodile and Cyndaquil equally, so when my sister got Silver, I asked her to trade so that I could have both.

purplekirby54

Dat Kooby
Years
I'd love to join. Mark me down for Meganium and Dunsparce.
Name: Kirby54
Topical Answer: "First Johto game you played?"
Oh, man, did I ever love Silver when my mom got it for me. I was really young, about 5 or 6. I'm glad to be here, and glad to help if any of you need advice in beating those pesky Stadium games, and their spunky announcer, Ted Lewis!

Years
Welcome to the club, guys! Everyone has been added. I'm happy to see so much interest in this place; remember to pop in and post when you remember to so we can keep it active. (=

Kirby, it's great to have another Dunsparce fan! I really wish he had more going for him and was more usable. I spent ages trying to find one in G/S/C only to realize that he was nearly impossible to use because he was so weak and didn't have the best movepool. Super adorable design, though!

Mega Heracross is the only mega of these guys I don't really like but my favorite is probably Scizor. Looks incredibly awesome and I didn't think that was possible for a Pokemon that already looked great. I mean, lookit those arms!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

I kinda find all of them to be a bit exaggerated in terms of design, but I'm agreeing with Janna here, that Heracross is probably the only I don't like. I feel like it strayed a bit too far away from what it actually is. I mean it looks like it's become some kind of cyborg beetle, and I think I would've been less hard on it if it meant they changed its typing to Steel. But they didn't (which is probably for the best anyways), and... I just don't really feel like the new design fits it.

As for ones I like; pretty much all of them. As Nymphadora mentioned, both Tyranitar and Houndoom's mega-evolutions fit them perfectly due to the designs elevating the intimidation factor, which is pretty much what both of those Pokemon are all about. I mean Tyranitar is some dinosaur Godzilla like creature and has always been meant to have that awesome and intimidating design, however they somehow managed to make Tyranitar look cute in some parts of the anime by giving it puppy eyes, but I think the mega design would kinda level that out anyways, so yeah :p And Houndoom is based on thos hell dogs, and I feel like the new design captures that image even more perfectly :p

And then there's Scizor. I wouldn't have imagined that they'd manage to make it even more awesome than the regular Scizor is, but seems as though they did :p Not much to really say there, it's just awesome.

purplekirby54

Dat Kooby
Years
In response to loving Dunsparce: dude, any little dude you get when someone calls you up is fun for me. I spent a good part of my crystal using pokemon that people had to call me for, or get only once. Ended up with a bunch of new favorites, like Qwilfish, Sudowoodo, Delibird, etc.

As for him not being "usable": try this:
Glare, Swagger, Psych Up, Headbutt
You can switch out swagger+psych up for say... dig and another attack + king's rock, or rest and a mint berry.

Don' even get me friggin' staaaaahted on Dunsparce.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
GIANT JOHTO FAN COMING THROUGH.

Name: [supporter]Axeliira[/supporter]
Two Johto Partner Pokemon: Meganium and Lanturn

It's a tie between Ampharos and Scizor. I used MegaScizor for the first time today in Showdown and it packs a major punch! I'm alright with Ampharos having a wig for its mega evo, haven't used it yet but I plan to in my upcoming X playthough! :3 There hasn't been other good megaevos for this generation of Pokemon, and kinda wish the starters had mega evos as well. lol

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Topic answer :Me too i also like Tyranitar and Houndoom's as Olii and other guys said. I Like them too much. As they had really amazing Power and design also because of the full fill Attack in there Performance. I never get a chance to use Houndoom though But i like it for tis great desing.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Going to start a new topic, guys. Be ready. :] Of all places in Johto, which is your least favorite? Is there any reason why you dislike it?

Years
Yaaay new member, welcome Megan! <3

In response to loving Dunsparce: dude, any little dude you get when someone calls you up is fun for me. I spent a good part of my crystal using pokemon that people had to call me for, or get only once. Ended up with a bunch of new favorites, like Qwilfish, Sudowoodo, Delibird, etc.

As for him not being "usable": try this:
Glare, Swagger, Psych Up, Headbutt
You can switch out swagger+psych up for say... dig and another attack + king's rock, or rest and a mint berry.

Don' even get me friggin' staaaaahted on Dunsparce.

Oh boy I'm definitely going to have to try this. The first (and only) time I used Dunsparce was when I was about 9-10 years old so I'd never have assumed to mess around with movesets, items, and strategies in such a way, haha. Cheers for the suggestion!

Of all places in Johto, which is your least favorite? Is there any reason why you dislike it?

I never really felt Blackthorn was any good. It clearly has a lot of history with dragons but other than the Dragon's Den there just.. isn't anything unique about it. They could've done so much more with that area especially as it's the location of the last gym.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Of all places in Johto, which is your least favorite? Is there any reason why you dislike it?
As much as I love beaches, I never saw any point in cienwood. I mean you have to go out of the way and face a lot of tentacool.

Years
As much as I love beaches, I never saw any point in cienwood. I mean you have to go out of the way and face a lot of tentacool.

Yeah I can understand that too. ;( That and Cianwood has almost nothing of interest. Just.. a few houses and a gym, really. Makes me wonder why they didn't do more to it - towns around the ocean have a lot of potential and this one was definitely one of the most forgettable in Johto.

purplekirby54

Dat Kooby
Years
Least favorite place in Johto... You could go with the generic responses and say "pf the ice puzzles and strength puzzles in ice cave are too hard", but I love the Icy Cave, I always pick up a partner there, every run.

Gotta admit. Whirl islands, if you didn't have flash, was stupid as all getout. That's how I had to restart my original Silver.

Olli

Years

I kinda agree on Cianwood, though my problem with it wasn't really Cianwood. Of course it was a bit small and pointless, but there were so few towns like that in Johto, it felt like a nice change to the formula. And it wasn't like nothing happened there. I mean, there was a gym, and the fact that it was so isolated fit well into the Ampharos side quest, since it made it feel like the medicine was something that was actually hard to get. And in Crystal you encounter Suicune there as well, and in the remakes it lead to the safari zone. So Cianwood wasn't really anything I ever disliked :p

However the gap between Cianwood and Olivine was probably the one thing I hated the most about Johto. It wasn't nearly as bad as the giant ocean Hoenn gave us, but just the fact that you were required to pass it and battle hundreds of Tentacool and Tentacruel each time you wanted to go to Cianwood was really annoying. Well, unless you got Fly. Which is also found on Cianwood, and prior to HG/SS, you weren't given it, making it easy to miss. So yeah, that's why I said kinda Cianwood, because it kinda fits together with it :p

DarkCloud1267

Master Trainer
Years
Name:DarkCloud(Or Branden, either works)
Two Jhoto Partners:
157.png
197.png

"What was the first Johto game you played?"
Hmmm...thats actually a pretty tough one....I think i started out with gold. i dont remember alot from those days but i know that i loved it. Jhoto is one of my favorite regions :

Years
Least favorite place in Johto... You could go with the generic responses and say "pf the ice puzzles and strength puzzles in ice cave are too hard", but I love the Icy Cave, I always pick up a partner there, every run.

Gotta admit. Whirl islands, if you didn't have flash, was stupid as all getout. That's how I had to restart my original Silver.

Whirl Islands were aaaawful. But luckily I remembered the pattern to quickly get to Lugia early on. :D Sorry to hear you had to restart - I've had similar situations in G/S/C, though I don't recall in exactly what locations, haha.

I kinda agree on Cianwood, though my problem with it wasn't really Cianwood. Of course it was a bit small and pointless, but there were so few towns like that in Johto, it felt like a nice change to the formula. And it wasn't like nothing happened there. I mean, there was a gym, and the fact that it was so isolated fit well into the Ampharos side quest, since it made it feel like the medicine was something that was actually hard to get. And in Crystal you encounter Suicune there as well, and in the remakes it lead to the safari zone. So Cianwood wasn't really anything I ever disliked :p

However the gap between Cianwood and Olivine was probably the one thing I hated the most about Johto. It wasn't nearly as bad as the giant ocean Hoenn gave us, but just the fact that you were required to pass it and battle hundreds of Tentacool and Tentacruel each time you wanted to go to Cianwood was really annoying. Well, unless you got Fly. Which is also found on Cianwood, and prior to HG/SS, you weren't given it, making it easy to miss. So yeah, that's why I said kinda Cianwood, because it kinda fits together with it :p

The required surfing to Cianwood bit was probably one of my favorite aspects of the second generation right next to the Radio Tower takeover. Repels helped plenty but it got tedious since I was the one who wanted to fight all the trainers and continuously had to keep going into my bag to activate another repel. Plenty of times I've even brought in less than I'd need since I assumed it would be enough. :(

Name:DarkCloud(Or Branden, either works)
Two Jhoto Partners:
157.png
197.png

"What was the first Johto game you played?"
Hmmm...thats actually a pretty tough one....I think i started out with gold. i dont remember alot from those days but i know that i loved it. Jhoto is one of my favorite regions :

Welcome to the club! Pretty sure I started with Gold myself, go us. :3

Years
Username:LucarioGuild7
Partners: Politoed and Typhlosion

I think i played Gold very breifly so i'm just gonna go with Soul Silver and I gotta say it is hands down my favorite region from awsome pokemon like Politoed to the epic quest taking down all 16 gyms to climbing up Mt.Silver for the ultimate fight and the GB music oh man the GB music.

Olli

Years
The required surfing to Cianwood bit was probably one of my favorite aspects of the second generation right next to the Radio Tower takeover. Repels helped plenty but it got tedious since I was the one who wanted to fight all the trainers and continuously had to keep going into my bag to activate another repel. Plenty of times I've even brought in less than I'd need since I assumed it would be enough. :(

Favourite or least favourite? :o With your reaction I'm gonna assume least favourite.

But yeahh. Luckily it's an area you don't have to go that much too, and it's not nearly as bad as the huge stretch of Hoenn, though I last time I played through a second generation game, I had to go there three times in a row because I kept forgetting stuff hngg :( First time I forgot Strength, so I couldn't get through the gym, second time I forgot to get the medicine for Jasmine's Ampharos, and third time was when I realised Fly was over there. So yeahh, not too fond memories of that place ;D

I'm also someone who wants to fight all trainers, though I usually make the longer water areas an exception since there isn't any quick way to heal, and there's almost always a Tentacool to poison you somewhere D:

I kinda have a love/hate relationship to the Whirl Isles. The love part stems entirely from the fact that Lugia is found in there, but the reason I spent such a long time searching for Lugia was because of the maze system the islands pretty much made. So yeahh, I should actually hate them more than I do ;p

Years
I had a tough time finding Ho-Oh too so I suppose they're both tedious.. but getting to the Whirl Islands was a pain since I needed Whirlpool and each time I seemed to forget that, despite them having "Whirl" in their names. >.> Ugh.

And hey guys, time for a new topic! :) Can't have too many, right?!

If you could have either a Ho-Oh or Lugia in real life, which would you choose and why? Figured we should go with something more fun this time than a general game/generation question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back