• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discontinued: Pokémon: Fat Kid [Beta 1.2.4 (21JUL18)]

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
So I just downloaded beta 1.0.1.
I reached the point where I received the Pokéball from the sign post. However, when I check my Party there is no Pokémon present except for the "?????" Is that meant to be there?

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Found an easter egg:
s5au8te.png

This was an incredibly fun game that was definitely worth the wait!

Also would like to report a bunch of bugs:
-The script tiles in the first town cause the game to freeze
-Fainting on Route 1 takes you to West Glockdale
-Poke Ball on Route 3 has no flag attached so keeps respawning, also gives 10 Poke Balls each time
-The Me from the future has a Tyrantrum with a Linoone sprite
-There are tile loading errors when transitioning from Route 1 to Route 4 along the beach
-Several trainers don't have correct sprites (Gym leaders, Bill)
-Talking to a trash can in Bill's house puts you on a scooter
-2 people in the West Glockdale Poke Centre don't have scripts
-Psychic types have type-matchup issues (they have the same as techno type)
-Zubat Cave is not set as an underground area so the battles appear on regular grass
-A Wild Omastar in Zubat Cave is holding a sacred ash
-You can encounter missingno in Zubat Cave

Awesome, congrats on finding the Easter egg and winning the prize! I'll message you later today. I'll also fix those bugs later.

I reached the point where I received the Pokéball from the sign post. However, when I check my Party there is no Pokémon present except for the "?????" Is that meant to be there?

When you say "receive Pokemon from signpost" where exactly? Because you shouldn't be getting any from a sign post that was probably a test script that needs to be fixed

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
When you say "receive Pokemon from signpost" where exactly? Because you shouldn't be getting any from a sign post that was probably a test script that needs to be fixed

I'm guessing he means the one next to Fatflank's Lab after it gets trashed.

Oh, and two minor things-
- If you try to go back to the ship before the lab gets destroyed, you get stuck after a certain point
- After the lab is destroyed Baobab's signpost no longer says anything.

Last edited:

Dark

SW-8589-1512-3501
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Hi sorry to be a pain but can anyone tell me what do I need to cut the shrubbery in route 3

Years
How long is the beta? The games lags a bit after the lab explodes(playing on myboy android)
The game is funny as heck tho ,the bag design is also really cool

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
Huh. I'm surprised nobody's claimed prize 5. He's basically sponsoring a box of donuts.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 26, 2018
Aight so i dont know if this is the right place to ask
so I talked to the actual gym leader of west glockdale, but when i try to go to the right towards zubat cave it keeps telling me to restore power to fanny bark and talk to the gym leader. Im pretty sure I restored the power and did the whole maze thing too. The cutscene with Bill happened as well
EDIT: so its a bug where it doesnt let me go to route six if i try to go straight, but if i go down then right it lets me
EDIT 2: I seem to have found another bug where if you lose a battle in zubat cave and you were arrested before, you respawn in the jail cell with seemingly no way of getting out

Last edited:

Dark

SW-8589-1512-3501
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
When u talk to bill second time and he goes outside with mew-z has he calls it when u go out after him the even won't trigger and if u talk to him he says same thing has one of the hippys

Dark

SW-8589-1512-3501
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I can't proceed in game the hippys and bill are booking way to go back to the plant and I can't go to zubat cave because it tells me I still have to restore the power when I did it already

Help please

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 26, 2018
@Quinhasa I'm a forum noob so I dont know how to quote our text, but like i said to proceed to the zubat cave, instead of going straight to the right, when you get the message saying 'i should talk to ym leader' go down then right which should let you proceed

Le pug

Years
Found an easter egg:
s5au8te.png

This was an incredibly fun game that was definitely worth the wait!

Also would like to report a bunch of bugs:
-The script tiles in the first town cause the game to freeze
-Fainting on Route 1 takes you to West Glockdale
-Poke Ball on Route 3 has no flag attached so keeps respawning, also gives 10 Poke Balls each time
-The Me from the future has a Tyrantrum with a Linoone sprite
-There are tile loading errors when transitioning from Route 1 to Route 4 along the beach
-Several trainers don't have correct sprites (Gym leaders, Bill)
-Talking to a trash can in Bill's house puts you on a scooter
-2 people in the West Glockdale Poke Centre don't have scripts
-Psychic types have type-matchup issues (they have the same as techno type)
-Zubat Cave is not set as an underground area so the battles appear on regular grass
-A Wild Omastar in Zubat Cave is holding a sacred ash
-You can encounter missingno in Zubat Cave

Can you specify on which trainers dont have correct sprites? Bill's is correct in my eyes so idk.
Also where exactly did you encounter a missingno in zubat cave?
I also don't see 2 people in west glockdale pokecenter that dont have scripts. They all have scripts.

Fixed it

I'm guessing he means the one next to Fatflank's Lab after it gets trashed.

Oh, and two minor things-
- If you try to go back to the ship before the lab gets destroyed, you get stuck after a certain point
- After the lab is destroyed Baobab's signpost no longer says anything.

Fixed and fixed

I really hope the sign post thingy gets fixed. :/

It did in beta 1.0.2. Download is below and attached

Aight so i dont know if this is the right place to ask
so I talked to the actual gym leader of west glockdale, but when i try to go to the right towards zubat cave it keeps telling me to restore power to fanny bark and talk to the gym leader. Im pretty sure I restored the power and did the whole maze thing too. The cutscene with Bill happened as well
EDIT: so its a bug where it doesnt let me go to route six if i try to go straight, but if i go down then right it lets me
EDIT 2: I seem to have found another bug where if you lose a battle in zubat cave and you were arrested before, you respawn in the jail cell with seemingly no way of getting out

You need to have completed the Bill Mansion scene where Mew-Z does his thing before those script tiles work. I do see that there is a script tile missing there and that is how you bypassed it but it will be corrected now ; )

Also the spawn error with the prison scene is fixed as well, ty.

When u talk to bill second time and he goes outside with mew-z has he calls it when u go out after him the even won't trigger and if u talk to him he says same thing has one of the hippys

I tried putting two separate events on west glockdale for level scripts last second so i was worried this might happen. it's fixed now.

IF YOU ALREADY STARTED THE GAME, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SAVED YOUR GAME IN ANY AREA BESIDES THE WEST GLOCKDALE MAP TO USE THE NEW PATCH ALSO USE THIS VERSION: CLICK ME FOR 1.0.3B
The new patch is here: CLICK ME for 1.0.3
If you haven't started the game, just go ahead and use that link free of care.

Last edited:

Le pug

Years
I can't proceed in game the hippys and bill are booking way to go back to the plant and I can't go to zubat cave because it tells me I still have to restore the power when I did it already

Help please

@Quinhasa I'm a forum noob so I dont know how to quote our text, but like i said to proceed to the zubat cave, instead of going straight to the right, when you get the message saying 'i should talk to ym leader' go down then right which should let you proceed

Please see the previous post. Or here:

"IF YOU ALREADY STARTED THE GAME, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SAVED YOUR GAME IN ANY AREA BESIDES THE WEST GLOCKDALE MAP TO USE THE NEW PATCH. ALSO USE THIS VERSION: CLICK ME FOR 1.0.3B
The new patch is here: CLICK ME for 1.0.3
If you haven't started the game, just go ahead and use that link free of care."

~~~~~~~~~
Sorry mods, double post. Don't hate me

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 26, 2018
The connecting passage after sunnydale seems bugged, cant proceed or interact with anyone

Last edited:

Le pug

Years
The connecting passage after sunnydale seems bugged, cant proceed or interact with anyone

It's not bugged, my friend. I simply just didn't script it. That is the connection from Sunny Falls to the Rainbow Bridge which will be in Beta 2.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 26, 2018
It's not bugged, my friend. I simply just didn't script it. That is the connection from Sunny Falls to the Rainbow Bridge which will be in Beta 2.
Oh so I've reached the end of whatevers been made so far? I can't seem to find anywhere else to go
EDIT: Found a bug where you can walk on water on the east side of Sunny Falls, the place with the sailor who went to johto

Last edited:

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
Can you specify on which trainers dont have correct sprites? Bill's is correct in my eyes so idk.
Also where exactly did you encounter a missingno in zubat cave?
I also don't see 2 people in west glockdale pokecenter that dont have scripts. They all have scripts.
-Warhol has Maxie's trainer sprite, Fitler has Norman's trainer sprite, and Bill has the gentleman's trainer sprite. If these were intended, there are overworld sprites to match these specific trainer sprites.
-If you go in the third door of Zubat Cave and go down the stairs. You likely just have a wild Pokemon that still says "Please Choose".
-When you talk to either the little girl or middle-aged man in the Pokemon Centre, the traditional clicking sound can be heard indicating that they have a script, they just do not look at you or say anything.

Back