• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you miss about PC?

Years
  • Age 23
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
As an old time user, there are certain things I remember from older and simpler times of PC that were simply great, and whether or not it's rose tinted glasses as a result of nostalgia it doesn't matter - the fact remains that almost anyone who's been here for some length of time will pine for nostalgic bygones. So that's my question to you forum members. You don't have to have been around as long as me, and you might have been around longer - but I'd love to know:

Is there anything that is now absent from PC that you would like to see brought back? If so, what?

Personally (and I don't know if anyone remembers it), The Nightclub thread was a real simple and basic RP thread with not a lot, but it was basically just a text-based hangout in character. Not too complicated and probably doesn't have much of a place now, but my goodness I loved that thread to death. I'd love to see it make a comeback in some capacity. Hell, I'd be happy to run it if people were interested.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I only joined in October, but I liked it better when the default theme color was lighter.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I only joined in October, but I liked it better when the default theme color was lighter.

Just customize it from the menu. There are literally a hundred or so options. I have a nice crimson red skin on mine.

Anyway, I've only been here since April, so I never even saw that admin commotion, but OP, I'm glad less RP topics exist, to be honest.

I've been on a few forums that were way too obsessed with RPing vs actual conversation... and I can't say I cared much for it.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Just customize it from the menu. There are literally a hundred or so options. I have a nice crimson red skin on mine.

Anyway, I've only been here since April, so I never even saw that admin commotion, but OP, I'm glad less RP topics exist, to be honest.

I've been on a few forums that were way too obsessed with RPing vs actual conversation... and I can't say I cared much for it.

It's only the color. I like the other aesthetics of the default theme more than the custom ones.

Bay

Years
Back when the art/graphic/writing side of PC flourished. Before those sections would be very active, but now with other sites like Tumblr and Archive of Our Own people would post their fanworks there instead.

Years
At times I wish the Pokémon Club and other Fanclubs are on their own sections again, just like they're used to.

Agreed.

I feel the staff's idea to merge the clubs into other sections that suited the topic caused the clubs to be buried under everything else, and hence clubs died out as a whole.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
clubs didn't die because we merged them into other sections

we merged them into other sections because they were dying

But anyway....I guess if there's one thing, I wish that forum activity levels now were like how they were around the time I joined PC, the place (iirc) had a lot going on in like 2013 and 2014, or at least it felt like it.

Years
clubs didn't die because we merged them into other sections

we merged them into other sections because they were dying

Sadly the merge caused them to die even more... as in getting buried by other topics, and a lack of new clubs made in general since the merger happened.

Kai

Wayfarer
Years
A few people who never returned even after the wildfire was put out and a community supporter sale that happened while I was still a lurker.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
When clubs had their own sections. lol

When I resigned as FC&G mod that was when the merge happened and I was like "oh." lol

We didn't have a April Fools joke this year, did we? Back in the old days the jokes were great and funny.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
For me, mainly certain people. A lot of the people I was close with here have moved on.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Not that I ever experienced it, but I'd like to see the forum during its prime. Back when community still meant people doing (stupid) stuff together and posts where not induced with social media mentality.

Years
Personally (and I don't know if anyone remembers it), The Nightclub thread was a real simple and basic RP thread with not a lot, but it was basically just a text-based hangout in character. Not too complicated and probably doesn't have much of a place now, but my goodness I loved that thread to death. I'd love to see it make a comeback in some capacity. Hell, I'd be happy to run it if people were interested.

I'll set up an interest check over in the RPT for a remake later and if there's enough interest, consider it done. I doubt the others would mind.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
i miss the treehouse
same, let's rename this section to Treehouse 2.0

cheer up guys! We can reminisce about crazy activity, getting ninja'd in the DCC and club sections, but we can also choose not to think that forum is a dead medium because we're still here and chatting in 2018 so let's keep proving that thesis wrong :3

Last edited:
Back