• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

tnguye3's fakemon sprites! =^.^=

Status
Not open for further replies.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
I apologize ^^ I meant pectoral... i think... lol! (The one on top ^^)

Anyhow, if it is a 'blade' it doesn't look very sharp... it's still sort of flat looking...

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
I apologize ^^ I meant pectoral... i think... lol! (The one on top ^^)

Anyhow, if it is a 'blade' it doesn't look very sharp... it's still sort of flat looking...

Oooo the top fin IS the Dorsal fin, I geuss you meant that I kinda lacked shading on Raiking on that fin lol. xD
I thought it looked weird with the same shading as Eelstrom, so I just simplified it and thought it looked ok, so I just went along with it. (excuse, i was actually lazy)

Anyways, here's a new guy:
woopeck_by_tnguye3-d495ak5.png
Woopeck

This guy is gonna be my region's Pidgey. ^_^

Here's Woopeck's evolution:
peckroo_by_tnguye3-d496sfd.png
Peckroo

Last edited:

tnguye3

Years
That is an awesome bird you have there... But isn't Woopeck a little big?

Yes it is compared to the official Pokemon sprites, but I set this size as the basic stage for the fakedex I'm working on. :3

Do you do requests too? Becouse I maybe want to do it. Sorry if you don't.

Used to take random requests, now I don't -- I only do requests for a few people. :3

I think Krookerix stomach should be white it seems more fitting.

Perhaps, I took a look and it actually looks pretty good as white as well. :P

Here's a little update:
cublitz_by_tnguye3-d49bn3k.png
Cublitz
thundrar_by_tnguye3-d49cmm4.png
Thundrar

Last edited:

Bilaterus

ToBe Best Spriter ;)
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2012
Hey your sprites are amazing! I love the professionalism in them too, I was just wondering do you have any tips on how to scratch sprite without a scanner? I'm finding mines quite difficult and I was wondering if you or anyone had any tips?

tnguye3

Years
Thanks all for your comments. :3

Hey your sprites are amazing! I love the professionalism in them too, I was just wondering do you have any tips on how to scratch sprite without a scanner? I'm finding mines quite difficult and I was wondering if you or anyone had any tips?
You can just use polygons/tools like the circle tool and the line tool to build the Fakemon anatomy -- of course you'll need to manually adjust a few pixels too to make it look right.
I just find it a lot easier to sprite with a scanned image as you already have guidelines and can play with the size before you start spriting anything. :)

Anyways -- this isn't pixel art, but I don't want to bump my dead art thread, so I might as well upload this here. If you guys (mods/admins) get annoyed, sorry! I'll just remove the image if ya guys don't approve.

Thundrar
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Bilaterus

ToBe Best Spriter ;)
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2012
You can just use polygons/tools like the circle tool and the line tool to build the Fakemon anatomy -- of course you'll need to manually adjust a few pixels too to make it look right.
I just find it a lot easier to sprite with a scanned image as you already have guidelines and can play with the size before you start spriting anything.

Thanks for the idea! I'll have a go and post a bunch when I'm ready (Don't worry I'll do it on a different thread ;))

tnguye3

Years
Yeah update, so I decided to revamp Parnel, and then rename him to Frostel:
Old
picture.php
New
frostel_by_tnguye3-d4b2f1a.png

Also I started a fakedex:
tiarra_fakedex_by_tnguye3-d4b2fg8.png

CREDITS to JESGRAD07 for the Dex cards. ^_^

tnguye3

Years
Update:
Water/Psychic types, based on an Angler Fish:
crysteye_by_tnguye3-d4b6lbj.png
Crysteye

anglerfly_by_tnguye3-d4b6lio.png
Anglerfly

Anglerfly's one helluva ugly fish huh? xD

tnguye3

Years
Haven't updated this in a while so yeah. Did 2 backsprites for PKMN Amaranth:

request___dark_starter_back_sprite_by_tnguye3-d4exeos.png

request___psychic_starter_back_sprite_by_tnguye3-d4exets.png

Cheers. I'm not dead btw. Just moved to DA. Same ol' username. ;]

Shouldn't the Starter be like Electric and Water? Kinda like Lanturn?

Starters have always been pure types and i dun wanna change that. ;]
(wow i'm slow lol)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
When i sayd starter i meant Starter/First Stage/Second Stage lol not the region starter what i wanted to say was that Crysteye i think looks more like Electric and Water then Water/Psychic

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 4, 2012
Wow.. not only is ur spriting crisp and nice, ur ideas are actually very creative while still feeling like real pokemon. Your designs are complex and original, the colors are great and the execution flawless.

Final note, I love how you sprite ice. Please do more icy pokes! hahaha

tnguye3

Years
So, I'm back and decided to revive my 1 year old thread. I know it's against the rules, but I think this is more convenient.
If you insist though, I will create a new thread. Anyways here's the update:

dragon_egg_by_tnguye3-d5p07gg.png

ants_by_tnguye3-d5p070w.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back