• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: [v12+] Set the Controls Screen

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
FL how can i make it work on OPTIONS submenu instead MENU?
And thats exact the Position where I have put it, so it can't be the Problem... I've put a Screenshot as attachment, so you can see it is where it has to be.

Edit: is it possible, to this in Options the Option Menu?
I didn't read the "Editor" in your post, my fault. To fix this, just open the editor scripts (rename "EditorScripts" to "Scripts" at data folder and open the RPG Maker) and put this script between the two other scripts.

To put this script at option menu: At PokemonOptions script section, change line 'return @options.length+1' to 'return @options.length+2'. Change line 'optionname=([email protected]) ? _INTL("Cancel") : @options[index].name' to:

Code:
optionname=nil
    if [email protected]+1
      optionname=_INTL("Cancel")
    elsif [email protected]
      optionname=_INTL("Controls")
    else
      optionname=@options[index].name
    end

Change line 'return if [email protected]' to 'return if index>[email protected]'. After line 'if Input.trigger?(Input::C) && @sprites["option"][email protected]' add:

Code:
 scene=PokemonControlsScene.new
  screen=PokemonControls.new(scene)
  pbFadeOutIn(99999) {
    screen.pbStartScreen
  }
end
if Input.trigger?(Input::C) && @sprites["option"][email protected]+1
-------------------

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
Hi there FL, I am using your script and had a quick question. I changed my controls around so that "Z" is for running and canceling, and "X/Esc" are for the pause menu.

In the controls screen in-game, it still says that "X/Esc" are for canceling, and "Z" is for running. I tried changing the text in def self.defaultControls and module Input so that it would read "X/Esc" is for the pause menu and "Z" is for running and canceling, but it doesn't change anything in-game. Is there something else I need to do in order to change the text displayed?

I'm using version 15, by the way.

Here's a picture to illustrate what I'm looking for:
Spoiler:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Hi there FL, I am using your script and had a quick question. I changed my controls around so that "Z" is for running and canceling, and "X/Esc" are for the pause menu.

In the controls screen in-game, it still says that "X/Esc" are for canceling, and "Z" is for running. I tried changing the text in def self.defaultControls and module Input so that it would read "X/Esc" is for the pause menu and "Z" is for running and canceling, but it doesn't change anything in-game. Is there something else I need to do in order to change the text displayed?

I'm using version 15, by the way.

Here's a picture to illustrate what I'm looking for:
Spoiler:
Change the three "Cancel" on scripts into "Pause Menu" and the two "Run" into "Run/Cancel".

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
Change the three "Cancel" on scripts into "Pause Menu" and the two "Run" into "Run/Cancel".

When I do that, it disables the player from using the Pause Menu and Run/Cancel, and the Esc, X, and Z keys don't do anything.

Edit: Do I have to use a new save file in order for the script to take effect?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
When I do that, it disables the player from using the Pause Menu and Run/Cancel, and the Esc, X, and Z keys don't do anything.

Edit: Do I have to use a new save file in order for the script to take effect?
Yes, or add, before line 'def getGameControlCodes(controlAction)':

Code:
  def resetGameControls
    @gameControls = Keys.defaultControls
  end

And call a script in a event with the line '$PokemonSystem.resetGameControls'.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
Yes, or add, before line 'def getGameControlCodes(controlAction)':

Code:
  def resetGameControls
    @gameControls = Keys.defaultControls
  end
And call a script in a event with the line '$PokemonSystem.resetGameControls'.
Ok, it worked. Thank you!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 20, 2016
Dude Help me put the way the script was written and no is appearing to me to change the controls

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Dude Help me put the way the script was written and no is appearing to me to change the controls
You probably are doing something wrong since other people reported that this script was worked. Do the procedure again.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Is it possible to change the window and text so that
it fits in essentials bw? (height 784)

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Is it possible to change the window and text so that
it fits in essentials bw? (height 784)
I don't know how it displays in that Essentials, but I believe so. Try changing the numbers on line 'optionwidth=(rect.width*9/20)'.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
I`m german and right now I just translate everything but I don`t know how I can translate the heading where stands "Controls" I want to change it to "Steuerung" normaly I find stuff like that indeed I translated right now round about 60% of the full standart scripts! But I can't find this! plz help me out.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
I`m german and right now I just translate everything but I don`t know how I can translate the heading where stands "Controls" I want to change it to "Steuerung" normaly I find stuff like that indeed I translated right now round about 60% of the full standart scripts! But I can't find this! plz help me out.
Sorry about the delay, I forgot to log in PokéCommunity XD

Is this part:

Code:
    @sprites["title"]=Window_UnformattedTextPokemon.newWithSize(
       _INTL("Controls"),0,0,Graphics.width,64,@viewport)

Venomous_Zero86

Pokemon Chosen Ones (Coming Soon)
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Feb 11, 2022
i Wont Work

am making a game i i wanted to put in the change controls script for the game but i put it in properly but its say some synax error in line 247 in a notification when i try ant start up the game

PScreen_PauseMenu Line 247: Synax Error

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
am making a game i i wanted to put in the change controls script for the game but i put it in properly but its say some synax error in line 247 in a notification when i try ant start up the game

PScreen_PauseMenu Line 247: Synax Error

Could you give a bit more detailed information and perhaps re-word that sentence, so we understand it a bit better?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 28, 2023
Will this be getting updated sometime in the near future for Ver. 19.1? If not, I'll respect that decision and I'm sure you're plenty busy as is.

I haven't been able to figure out how to "translate" its pre-19.1 coding so that it's compatible with 19.1. I've been trying but I've no coding knowledge so I have little idea of what I'm doing.

Back