• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
hi my rom crashed and i had to start on a clean rom so i want to take my maps of my old game and put them into the clean rom how do i do that

Well i dont think there is a cut-n-dry way to get it done, the safest way to do it is just to re-tile your maps on this ROM

DarkShadow

When darkness falls
Years
okay and here is a another question i want to make a map bigger but i need to find a free offset so it does nhot go black so how do i change the offest on advanve m,ap

Years
Heya all

This might be a bit too complecated for 'simple questions' but i thought i would run it past you...

I am still trying to remove pokemon and then replace them but recently i ran into thread 145412 (i dont have the post count to post URLs) about adding items strait into the PC, i know there is a command for that but i belive it could be addapted to adding pokémon into the PC and overwriteing the Pokémon in active party list with blank infomation. i could then transfer them back to the party?

Could someone please tell me if i am heading in totaly the wrong direction (if anyone knows enough ASM to help) and if it is possable then what i would need to find as well as how to find things like nickname and abilitys which i have no idea how to change into hex.

Atm i know i need to find

Nickname
Species Name
Stats
Personality
Ability
Attacks 1-4
PP 1-4
Level
Xp

Do i need to find anything else and will it work? any hints would be greatly appreciated however i am also trying to work it out on my own as a challange.

Thanks for your time

Since you don't want me to give too much information on this, here's a general source of information.RAM Data Structures
That way I'm not telling you anything specific.
Pokemon stored in the computer only this part of the data:
Personality
OT ID
Nickname
Font
Sanity byte?
OT name
Mark
Checksum
????
Data
You'll find information on these in that link above. Levels and things, are re-calculated when you're Pokemon enters your party.

o.necromancer.o

(Insert Something Random)
Years
  • Age 31
  • ?
  • Seen Sep 29, 2008
I was wandering, how do you insert the lapras for the surfing sprite like in shiny gold or naranja?

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2008
Thanks for the reply Tamerhaidar. The second link is how I ended up with odd hitmonlee legs.

I'm starting to figure it out though. Somewhere along the way the sprite palette gets scrambled up and is causing the messed up colors. But I can't figure out the correct order for them. unzl.gba is scrunched up on my comp so matching the palette is becoming troublesome.

Is there a way to save the palette from unzl or to find the colors?

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2009
need graphics?

can graphics be applied to a hack rom? or do you need some special program to draw em, any of both i can help anyone who ask me just tell me wich hack tool do i need or just ask for a graphic, seriously

o.necromancer.o

Years
  • Age 31
  • ?
  • Seen Sep 29, 2008
Use OW or TLP to insert the sprite, then just change the palettes.

You could use APE to find the palettes, just input the offset of the palette.

First of all thanks for the reply. But anyways if your talking about overworld editor rebirth edition I've already tried and theres two problems: 1.When I put the lapras sprite with the surfing sprite the size is way to big. 2. When I import the palette it messes up the colors of all the different views of that sprite. And also if you don't mind could you tell me what TLP is.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
First of all thanks for the reply. But anyways if your talking about overworld editor rebirth edition I've already tried and theres two problems: 1.When I put the lapras sprite with the surfing sprite the size is way to big. 2. When I import the palette it messes up the colors of all the different views of that sprite. And also if you don't mind could you tell me what TLP is.

I think TLP is Tile Layer Pro.
Try putting/replacing lapras with a larger overworld.
Or if you want to resize the overworld, go to: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=142067
and you import the sprite right?
When you import it, check "import sprite, import pallette, and fix pointers"
Hope that helps.

Grinner

Smiley Face
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
thanks a lot thethethethe its got everything i need! i never imagend bulbapedia would have that sort of info. ill start working on it tonight, i would rep you if this forum had that.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
thanks a lot thethethethe its got everything i need! i never imagend bulbapedia would have that sort of info. ill start working on it tonight, i would rep you if this forum had that.
The Pokecommunity Forums DOES have a Rep system... The^4 just disabled it for himself. Notice how you CAN rep me...
There should be a
reputation.gif
symbol near the bottom of the post. (Depending on your Forum Settings)
For instance, I see the image at the very bottom of the post.
Click it, and you can give reputation to that post.

Grinner

Smiley Face
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
ahh i dont see how i missed that, i would rep you for pointing it out but unfortunatly my mouse suddenly broke :)

o.necromancer.o

Years
  • Age 31
  • ?
  • Seen Sep 29, 2008
Sorry I keep posting so much, but I'm seriously not understanding these problems I'm having (so I guess I'm just stupid or something) and its really pissing me off to no end.

Problem:
1. I'm using Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition 1.1.3 and I'm trying to load a sprite that has already been created outside of this program.
My Process:
1. I change the size to 16x32 in paint and add the transparent color then save.
2. I open in Irfanview and decrease color depth to 16 then save.
3. I open the Overworld Editor and go to file then import bitmap select the sprite then check import image and import palette then click save and the first frame looks fine. (Everything is dandy up to this point)
4. Then when I go to do this same process for another frame the colors get messed up horribly. (WHY?)

Problem:
2. I try to insert a lapras for the overworld surfing sprite. (ex. Shiny Gold, Naranja)
My Process:
1. Don't have one. (Will someone please post a step by step tutorial just for this purpose. I've tried countless times with different methods and still come out empty handed)

Thank you for your time, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2009
Promblem
Fire Red wont open in Advance Map

What do I do/ what should i use?

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
I'm having doubts about creating an ips patch:
How do you do to create a patch that contains ONLY what you want it to contain? I mean, at a web site I dowloaded a Fire Red patch where the tiles were substituted by snowy ones with snowman instead of tiny bushes and nothing else changed, only the tiles of course.

Another thing: I've changed many texts to my hack and some maps lost their conections with others. Some others began to have a part of my texts as their name. (one the maps was called "Mary's House", when a signpost had that text... weird!)

Years
I am very puzzled. The tools together with EM always meet a problem: can't find pokeroms.ini! The ini has already in the folder, but the program like PET can't find it!
So I wonder if I can add a pokemon using the free slot with hex editor. I find the ini problem while doing this...

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Okay, I've got some questions, and here they are:
1. What's the FR World Map number in Unlz?
2. Is there a song ID list for Gold?
3. Is there any pallete editing guide for Gold? (not tile pallete editing!)

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Sorry I keep posting so much, but I'm seriously not understanding these problems I'm having (so I guess I'm just stupid or something) and its really pissing me off to no end.

Problem:
1. I'm using Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition 1.1.3 and I'm trying to load a sprite that has already been created outside of this program.
My Process:
1. I change the size to 16x32 in paint and add the transparent color then save.
2. I open in Irfanview and decrease color depth to 16 then save.
3. I open the Overworld Editor and go to file then import bitmap select the sprite then check import image and import palette then click save and the first frame looks fine. (Everything is dandy up to this point)
4. Then when I go to do this same process for another frame the colors get messed up horribly. (WHY?)

Problem:
2. I try to insert a lapras for the overworld surfing sprite. (ex. Shiny Gold, Naranja)
My Process:
1. Don't have one. (Will someone please post a step by step tutorial just for this purpose. I've tried countless times with different methods and still come out empty handed)

Thank you for your time, and any help would be greatly appreciated.
1) You only need to export the pallete once, perhaps that is your problem.
2) This is not a request thread, ask someone to make it via PM.

Promblem
Fire Red wont open in Advance Map

What do I do/ what should i use?
Which version are you using? Open the rom in a hex editor, if it does not say POKEMON FIREBPRE01 at offset 0000A0 then you are not using a Fire Red rom.

I'm having doubts about creating an ips patch:
How do you do to create a patch that contains ONLY what you want it to contain? I mean, at a web site I dowloaded a Fire Red patch where the tiles were substituted by snowy ones with snowman instead of tiny bushes and nothing else changed, only the tiles of course.

Another thing: I've changed many texts to my hack and some maps lost their conections with others. Some others began to have a part of my texts as their name. (one the maps was called "Mary's House", when a signpost had that text... weird!)
As long as nothing else is overwritten in the data and you have only changed what you want then nothing else will be in the patch.

How did you change the text? Using A-Text? If you did it with hex theres a good chance you might have forgotten to repoint text in places where you edited them.

I am very puzzled. The tools together with EM always meet a problem: can't find pokeroms.ini! The ini has already in the folder, but the program like PET can't find it!
So I wonder if I can add a pokemon using the free slot with hex editor. I find the ini problem while doing this...
For a good pokeroms.ini I think there are some in the Tool File Modifications thread.

What's the offset of the nidoran in the Oak Intro?
Not sure, you can just use IntroEd though.

Okay, I've got some questions, and here they are:
1. What's the FR World Map number in Unlz?
2. Is there a song ID list for Gold?
3. Is there any pallete editing guide for Gold? (not tile pallete editing!)
1) I think you might be a bit confused about how you go about changing it, thoroughly read M_X's tutorial.
2) Not sure sorry, try searching.
3) Just use VBAs Pallete Viewer and a hex editor to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back