• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music 2017 Grammy Awards

Years
It's that time of year again, the nominees for the music industry's largest awards ceremony have been announced and this year there's some different stuff to offer on the table, with the addition of "free music" to the awards thanks to strong campaigning from Chance The Rapper. Discuss on the nominees and pick your winners as well!

But anyways, here's some nominees in major categories. Full list is here: http://www.grammy.com/nominees

Album Of The Year
Adele - 25
Beyoncé - Lemonade
Drake - Views
Justin Bieber - Purpose
Sturgill Simpson - A Sailor's Guide To Earth

Record Of The Year
Adele - Hello
Beyoncé - Formation
Lukas Graham - 7 Years
Rihanna feat. Drake - Work
Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out

Song Of The Year
Adele - Hello
Beyoncé - Formation
Justin Bieber - Love Yourself
Lukas Graham - 7 Years
Mike Posner - I Took A Pill In Ibiza

Best New Artist
Anderson .Paak
The Chainsmokers
Chance The Rapper
Kelsea Ballerini
Maren Morris

Best Pop Vocal Album
Adele - 25
Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman
Demi Lovato - Confident
Justin Bieber - Purpose
Sia - This Is Acting

Best Rock Album
Blink-182 - California
Cage The Elephant - Tell Me I'm Pretty
Gojira - Magma
Panic! At The Disco - Death Of A Bachelor
Weezer - Weezer

Best Urban Contemporary Album
Anderson .Paak - Malibu
Beyoncé - Lemonade
Gallant - Ology
KING - We Are King
Rihanna - ANTI

Best Country Album
Brandy Clark - Big Day In A Small Town
Keith Urban - Ripcord
Loretta Lynn - Full Circle
Maren Morris - Hero
Sturgill Simpson - A Sailor's Guide To Earth

Best Alternative Music Album
Bon Iver - 22, A Million
David Bowie - Blackstar
Iggy Pop - Post Pop Depression
PJ Harvey - The Hope Six Demolition Project
Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

Best Dance/Electronic Album
Flume - Skin
Jean-Michel Jarre - Electronica 1: The Time Machine
Louie Vega - Louie Vega Starring... XXVIII
Tycho - Epoch
Underworld - Barbara Barbara, We Face A Shining Future

Best Rap Album
Chance The Rapper - Coloring Book
De La Soul - And The Anonymous Nobody
DJ Khaled - Major Key
Drake - Views
Kanye West - The Life Of Pablo
ScHoolboy Q - Blank Face LP

Producer Of The Year (Non-Classical)
Benny Blanco
Greg Kurstin
Max Martin
Nineteen85
Ricky Reed

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Just further proof that this year wasn't that great for music if those are the album of the year nominees.

Years
Just further proof that this year wasn't that great for music if those are the album of the year nominees.

I can understand you. I seem to hate pop music a lot when it comes to music genres and seeing them dominate award ceremonies like this makes me hate the general public's taste in music at the moment. I'm a major supporter of the indie scene and it always makes me sad when it's not talked about, let alone getting honored.

Last edited:
Years
This is an underwhelming selection. Also, how surreal to see David Bowie and Iggy Pop together in 2016.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
jean-michel jarre being up against flume is such an interesting concept to me

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years

But my favourite album of the year getting nominated in Album of the Year never happens, so gotta give those garbage people some props. Stopped clock and all that.

Years
if views wins album of the year i am never posting in ge again

Same for me if Beyonce or Justin Bieber win, though I'd rather prefer Beyonce winning than Bieber (I hate him with a passion) but knowing me it'll probably be Adele. She's had nothing but huge success with this album.

Years
Glad to see .Paak and Chance getting recognition but how the fuck does Views have any nominations, even Drake stans admitted it wasn't his best work. Not really sure if Blank Face LP deserved to be where it is either, but I'm happy for Q anyway (it had a few bangers but was generally boring).

Also can we talk about how there's a category called "Urban Contemporary Album". like i'm happy it exists but. what.

Years
Ah, they're still giving these things out? Let's see . . . looks like these albums will be in next months bargain bin sale.

Years
Also can we talk about how there's a category called "Urban Contemporary Album". like i'm happy it exists but. what.

I have to admit it's interesting see the Grammys get more diverse with their categories, especially now that this year will be including free releases like mixtapes which changes pretty much everything.

Years
Glad to see .Paak and Chance getting recognition but how the fuck does Views have any nominations, even Drake stans admitted it wasn't his best work. Not really sure if Blank Face LP deserved to be where it is either, but I'm happy for Q anyway (it had a few bangers but was generally boring).

I feel the reason Drake even got nominated was because that album was being played everywhere. I didn't really hear Drake a lot until after he got big with Hotline Bling but I can see where some of his hardcore fans are going with seeing him getting too mainstream.

Face it, Album Of The Year contenders are quite underwhelming to me this year.

Years
I like the idea of Chance getting some recognition finally but....he's not really new lol. Adele and 'Yonce will probably sweep these, haha. The only interesting catgeory is the best Alternative album, I loved 22, a Million and Moon Shaped Pool, but I can see Bowie winning posthumously, Blackstar was incredible also.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
My top picks in the spoiler. Omitted categories that I didn't know enough about.

Spoiler:

Anyway lmfao I never understand why 'best new artist' always has people that AREN'T new?? That always happens and I remember Foster the People got robbed of it one year by someone that was not new and maybe I'm still bitter but FTP aren't relevant anymore so shrug. Don't know what Views is doing sitting there and stg get me off the face of the earth if 7 Years or Lukas Graham in general wins anything because no.

where in the shit is walls for best rock album. what are these. lol Admittedly haven't been paying much attention to the rock scene lately so if these nominees are worth the listen, please let me know bc I need something to listen to at work tomorrow anyway.

Back