• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] [NEW UPDATE: 40+ NEW POKEMON]: Pokémon Infinite Fusion

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
I have a much more forgiving and varied stat calc.

(Head Stat+Higher Stat+Body Stat)/2.85

Yeah. If you STILL wanna stick with the Head/Body weighted idea, i have another formula.

(Head Stat+Higher Stat+Body Stat+Weighted Stat)/3.8

(Rounded up, for POWER)

I'd suggest the first, just for competitive variety.

Just a stat comparison between my formula and yours, with the lovely Raifable.
Mine: 88/88/71/99/92/99 (537)
Yours: 71/77/67/92/84/77 (468)
Yours(inverse): 84/83/61/94/87/94 (503)

Schrroms

Pokémon Infinite Fusion dev
Years
I have a much more forgiving and varied stat calc.

(Head Stat+Higher Stat+Body Stat)/2.85

Yeah. If you STILL wanna stick with the Head/Body weighted idea, i have another formula.

(Head Stat+Higher Stat+Body Stat+Weighted Stat)/3.8

(Rounded up, for POWER)

I'd suggest the first, just for competitive variety.

Just a stat comparison between my formula and yours, with the lovely Raifable.
Mine: 88/88/71/99/92/99 (537)
Yours: 71/77/67/92/84/77 (468)
Yours(inverse): 84/83/61/94/87/94 (503)

Interesting idea. I might give it a try and see how I like it.

One thing I don't think I've mentioned in the way I'm currently calculating stats is that each Pokemon's strongest stat gets a 25% boost before the average is calculated (so actually pretty similar to your second suggestion). If a Pokemon has several stats tied as its strongest stat, then they all get the boost.

So for instance, Raifable's stats would actually be
Raifable: 80/77/67/92/84/82 (482)
and the inverse
Clefchu: 99/83/61/94/87/103 (527)

Here's the base Pokemon for comparison
Raichu: 60/90/55/90/80/100
Clefable:95/70/73/85/90/60

Raichu's speed gets boosted to 125 and Clefable's HP to 119 when calculating the average since it's their respective Pokemon's strongest stats. Raifable's HP is slightly boosted since it's Clefable's strongest stat. But since Clefable's the body Pokemon it doesn't affect it as much as it does in the opposite fusion. Same deal with Speed.

Anyway, I really have no clue which formula would be optimal for the game. I feel pretty satisfied with the way I'm handling stats at the moment to be honest, but I'm open to trying other methods. I'll try your formula and see if I like it!

~~ It's late and I'm pretty tired, so I apologize if this was hard to follow or if I messed up the calculations ~~

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Actually, Raichu's speed shouldn't be 100 at all. It got buffed in gen 6.

Also, our ideas aren't THAT similar, as mine weights the final stat to the higher one, while yours makes the highest stats higher.

Maybe combine that with my formula? I dunno. But my calc would definitely provide more competitive variety, as many Pokémon couldn't have been viable with the weighted calc. Such as my beloved Raichu, which has an awful Defense stat which wastes its Speed and Attack, and an poor HP stat that wastes its Special Attack and Special Defense.

Oh, and with the Highest Stat Bonus, rounding up, my formula, and gen 6 stats, Raifable's stats look a bit more like THIS....

105/88/71/115/92/118

Spooky. But then again, there ARE stronger Pokémon you can use for fusing...

Last edited:

Absolumont

Obsessive Clothes Shopper
Years
So I've suddenly started getting errors when I try to load my save? I'm not sure why, but here's an image of the error:

mnYmiPs.png

Great, now my cute Wedlocke is suspended until further notice. Well, unless redownloading the demo works... I will check that later. I was viewing the txt files in the PBS just so I could understood the move pools and evolution a bit more and I know I didn't edit anything there, but it mentions a map and I'm not sure why...

Well I have no idea.

Schrroms

Years
So I've suddenly started getting errors when I try to load my save? I'm not sure why, but here's an image of the error:

mnYmiPs.png

Great, now my cute Wedlocke is suspended until further notice. Well, unless redownloading the demo works... I will check that later. I was viewing the txt files in the PBS just so I could understood the move pools and evolution a bit more and I know I didn't edit anything there, but it mentions a map and I'm not sure why...

Well I have no idea.

Hmm.. That's weird.
I really have no idea. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Redownloading the Data folder should do it I think, but I don't know if your save file will still be there...

Absolumont

Obsessive Clothes Shopper
Years
Hmm.. That's weird.
I really have no idea. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Redownloading the Data folder should do it I think, but I don't know if your save file will still be there...

Oh I know where the save file is, don't worry about that.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2018
First off- i'm so glad this game is happening. Literally a dream come true, a dream ive had ever since i saw the alexonsager fusion website. Along with some other players, I've noticed an error in fusion stat calculation. Combining my aerodactyl and kabuto resulted in a pokemon with a weirdly high spec defense (significantly higher than both pre-fusion) and a weirdly low speed. It was surprising.
Also, I think the stat calculation doesn't make fusion pokemon strong enough. It seems to me that if fusion is taking the pokemon world by storm, and if all the trainers are spending thousands to implement then, and if the gym trainers themselves are utilizing fusions to stay on top, then they should be greater than the sum of their parts ( weighted and divided by two). I like the current mechanic of weighing stats according to head vs. body, but it seems to me that all stats should get a boost before the fusion-averaging takes place. Otherwise, fusions are not noticeably better than their tougher component. If two pokemon both have a defence of 100, the current formula gives the fusion 100 defence unless it is the strongest stat of one the pokemon involved. Doesn't it seem odd? I think a pre-fusion boost of 15% to all stats would make fusions who are worth-making and make sense in the game, instead of just giving people the opportunity to make odd type combos and freaky sprites. Which is also cool, btw.

Schrroms

Years
First off- i'm so glad this game is happening. Literally a dream come true, a dream ive had ever since i saw the alexonsager fusion website. Along with some other players, I've noticed an error in fusion stat calculation. Combining my aerodactyl and kabuto resulted in a pokemon with a weirdly high spec defense (significantly higher than both pre-fusion) and a weirdly low speed. It was surprising.
Also, I think the stat calculation doesn't make fusion pokemon strong enough. It seems to me that if fusion is taking the pokemon world by storm, and if all the trainers are spending thousands to implement then, and if the gym trainers themselves are utilizing fusions to stay on top, then they should be greater than the sum of their parts ( weighted and divided by two). I like the current mechanic of weighing stats according to head vs. body, but it seems to me that all stats should get a boost before the fusion-averaging takes place. Otherwise, fusions are not noticeably better than their tougher component. If two pokemon both have a defence of 100, the current formula gives the fusion 100 defence unless it is the strongest stat of one the pokemon involved. Doesn't it seem odd? I think a pre-fusion boost of 15% to all stats would make fusions who are worth-making and make sense in the game, instead of just giving people the opportunity to make odd type combos and freaky sprites. Which is also cool, btw.

Thanks!
I used to love messing around on the alexonsager fusion website and always thought that it would be cool to play a game based on it. It didn't exist so I thought "What the hell, I should just make it myself!"

Yeah stats are pretty messy in the demo. I've changed the way they're calculated since then and they normally should be much better when demo 2 comes around. The formula does include some kind of boost to make fusions a bit stronger!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Hey!
If you need a spriter, I can do it for free :p I'd be glad to help!
Greets,
Luxia

Schrroms

Years
Hey!
If you need a spriter, I can do it for free :p I'd be glad to help!
Greets,
Luxia

I actually am looking for spriters at the moment, so it'd be great!
There's a few sprites that I need to be made.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10BUS5-jkZ_7sZr4Jmd-z5gKeatt0oT1mu0bsFe7LCG8/edit?usp=sharing

These are the ones I need the most because they're pokemon used by important npcs/gym leaders. If you could do any one of these (with shiny sprite ideally), it would really help me out.

You can do any other sprite that's not in there if you want to and I'll probably use them in the game, but the ones in this google doc are the most important!

Schrroms

Years
How would you guys feel about allowing fused Pokemon to have more than two types (up to 4). This is just an idea at this point and I have no idea how hard it would be to code in to be honest, but would you guys think it's a good idea or would it make things too complicated?

I'd probably make it so that STAB is reduced so that it isn't too OP. Something like
Type 1: Body's first type -> 30% bonus (regular STAB is 50%)
Type 2: Head's first type -> 30% bonus
Type 3: Body's second type -> 20% bonus
Type 4: Head's second type -> 20% bonus

With damage calculated something like:

Barely effective (*0.0625)
Very ineffective (*.125)
Not very effective (*0.25)
Not very effective (*0.5)
Normal (*1)
Very effective (*2)
Super Effective (*4)
Ultra effective (*6)
Incredibly effective (*8)

Names are just for here. It'd probably just say either Not very effective or Super effective in game.
Or something like that. Would it still be too OP/confusing or is it something you'd like to see in the game?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2015
![STARYU + BLASTOISE CUSTOM SPRITE]!...ish - Opinions Please! :D

So i just thought i would try and make a sprite for you, i do not have any prior experience (first time making any pixel art) and i hope it's useful.
I did enjoy making it and would happily make more of them for you (in my spare time between work and college), however what's important is the quality and what everyone thinks.
So please, if anyone, everyone and especially you Schrroms could tell me what you think by answering;
A) Which of the below images you prefer.
and B) Would you like to see me attempt at making any other fusions.

I like to think i at least tried to make the idea of fusing them together unique! :)

EDIT: Would like to add i did make this at one o clock in the morning in an hour, i assume i could improve the quality by a lot if i was both awake and have more time. After looking at my picture i do realise it looks 'low quality'. I can improve upon it tommorow and re-upload a more highly detailed version if preferred. I only need to re-allign the spikes from the staryu, add more detailed shading and make the shell more round.

Attachments

• da4be5d033a9601e9ff54ba8e02facb7.png
    da4be5d033a9601e9ff54ba8e02facb7.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Staroisev1.png
    Staroisev1.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2015
How would you guys feel about allowing fused Pokemon to have more than two types (up to 4).

Sounds like it could make this already mind-blowing pokemon game even mindblowing-ier?...

Are you basically saying that you will have your normal double fused pokemon but you can fuse two extra pokemon on top of that to gain one type each time.

E.g. Chartle (fire+water) + Pidgey (fire + water + normal) + Beedrill (fire + water + normal + poison), like this?

If so, just as an idea maybe make this a special thing, as in it's used by a very expensive or hard to find version of the DNA splicer, you can only fuse a certain amount of additional pokemon every so and so levels (e.g. One pokemon every 25 levels) or to make it exciting add an additional effect to rare candies where they add a random type.

Schrroms

Years
Sounds like it could make this already mind-blowing pokemon game even mindblowing-ier?...

Are you basically saying that you will have your normal double fused pokemon but you can fuse two extra pokemon on top of that to gain one type each time.

E.g. Chartle (fire+water) + Pidgey (fire + water + normal) + Beedrill (fire + water + normal + poison), like this?

If so, just as an idea maybe make this a special thing, as in it's used by a very expensive or hard to find version of the DNA splicer, you can only fuse a certain amount of additional pokemon every so and so levels (e.g. One pokemon every 25 levels) or to make it exciting add an additional effect to rare candies where they add a random type.

No, no! That sounds so complicated!
Basically I'd just make it so that fusions would get the primary AND secondary types from both its parents. So they could have up to 4 types if the base pokemon are dual type and they don't share a type.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2015
No, no! That sounds so complicated!
Basically I'd just make it so that fusions would get the primary AND secondary types from both its parents. So they could have up to 4 types if the base pokemon are dual type and they don't share a type.

I don't see why not, if it's simple. :)
Though i imagine it will be complicated no matter what, if you have to choose such a huge variety of moves for each pokemon... and battles might get a bit weird with type advantages.

Also i edited the pokemon sprite i made slightly, it looks a little better but still very amateur - if anyone likes it better than the default blastoise with a star on his face then i'll happy try making more and improve as i go! :D

Attachments

• Staroisev2.png
    Staroisev2.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
How would you guys feel about allowing fused Pokemon to have more than two types (up to 4). This is just an idea at this point and I have no idea how hard it would be to code in to be honest, but would you guys think it's a good idea or would it make things too complicated?

I'd probably make it so that STAB is reduced so that it isn't too OP. Something like
Type 1: Body's first type -> 30% bonus (regular STAB is 50%)
Type 2: Head's first type -> 30% bonus
Type 3: Body's second type -> 20% bonus
Type 4: Head's second type -> 20% bonus

With damage calculated something like:

Barely effective (*0.0625)
Very ineffective (*.125)
Not very effective (*0.25)
Not very effective (*0.5)
Normal (*1)
Very effective (*2)
Super Effective (*4)
Ultra effective (*6)
Incredibly effective (*8)

Names are just for here. It'd probably just say either Not very effective or Super effective in game.
Or something like that. Would it still be too OP/confusing or is it something you'd like to see in the game?
I think it's be too complicating for most. It's a neat idea I guess but I'm against it. Having more then 2 types would change everything about Pokemon imo.

Well I just played through the demo and had lots of fun!
Here's my team. (In Spoiler, pics are pretty big)
Spoiler:

Waiting for a growlithe to fuse with my starter.

Also are the rates for shiny pokemon increased? I caught one and was so proud of myself.
Spoiler:

Bugs:
Spoiler:

Questions.
1. Does breeding work? I noticed we can leave 2 Pokemon at once in the daycare.

2. The random egg that Oak gives you at the end of beta is it suppose to be shiny?
This is what I got.
Spoiler:

3. When the next beta is released will I be able to continue from where I left off?

Small Suggestions.
1. Make gym leaders harder. We are able to rebattle almost any trainer so training isn't hard. I 1 hit the whole 3rd gym with razor leaf with my Victreedrill.

2. Can you make it so we can have move then 1 save file? I want to play through it again without deleting my first game.

Schrroms

Years
I think it's be too complicating for most. It's a neat idea I guess but I'm against it. Having more then 2 types would change everything about Pokemon imo.

Well I just played through the demo and had lots of fun!
Here's my team. (In Spoiler, pics are pretty big)
Spoiler:

Waiting for a growlithe to fuse with my starter.

Also are the rates for shiny pokemon increased? I caught one and was so proud of myself.
Spoiler:

Bugs:
Spoiler:

Questions.
1. Does breeding work? I noticed we can leave 2 Pokemon at once in the daycare.

2. The random egg that Oak gives you at the end of beta is it suppose to be shiny?
This is what I got.
Spoiler:

3. When the next beta is released will I be able to continue from where I left off?

Small Suggestions.
1. Make gym leaders harder. We are able to rebattle almost any trainer so training isn't hard. I 1 hit the whole 3rd gym with razor leaf with my Victreedrill.

2. Can you make it so we can have move then 1 save file? I want to play through it again without deleting my first game.

Hahaha! I always enjoy seeing the teams people come up with!
The rates for shiny Pokemon are the same as in the official games, congrats! Don't worry, it'll keep its shininess when you fuse it too!
Thanks for the bugs. I'll work on fixing them.

1. No breeding doesn't work yet.
2. Yes, the egg that Prof Oak gives is a completely random first-stage Pokemon that will always be shiny. You got pretty lucky to get an Articuno fusion!
3. Yes, you should be able to continue where you left on, but a lot of stuff will have changed before the first 3 badges as well, so it might be better to just start over.
4. I changed all Gym Leaders teams in demo 2. The levels are mostly the same, but their teams are more interesting and take advantage of type combinations from fusions so you'll have to think outside of the box to beat them.
5. I could probably do that actually.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 14, 2015
I loaded the game after taking 2 hours to unzip and the game came up with an error saying ???????

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2015
I have recently bought the Magikarp from the Mt. Moon Poke center. I want to fuse it with my charmander, but I had a question about the typings. If i fuse them together, does the fire-water type stay throughout the evos, or when charizard is evolved, it will be a water-flying type? Thanks in advance.

Back