• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
back in my day i made this skeletal thingy/ helped improve it man hey who knows maybe an event :P

Glad to see this is still being worked on. Looking forward to playing the new pre-alpha!

So nice to hear from you, hope you're doing well! =)

Hello everyone you do not know me but well im a friend of avara she cant log in right now so im doing this https://discord.gg/E83BafQ Boom official discord of the game Join to talk with avara when she can she will be able to verify this info if you dont trust me but hey i am in the credits so theres that going for me

^ this basically, thanks to animeoverlord for making a discord! I'm new to it but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon, my accent is hilarious though so at least I have that going for me. =P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Thanks for making a discord, I may not visit regularly but a discord sure makes communicating easier.

I doubted there were enough people out there who cared enough about the hack for a discord, but I guess it means I can post daily/small updates there instead of constantly spamming this thread =P

Just wanted to gather a quick opinion about one of the game mechanics that I can't make up my mind about! In the previous version I had HMs as Licenses, where you needed a specific Pokemon to obtain the HM e.g. a Gyarados for Surf.

My plan for the remake is to not include the HM moves themselves at all - once you've obtained the License, any of your appropriate Pokemon will be able to use the ability the HM offers, e.g. any high enough leveled Water-types will be able to Surf without actually having Surf in their moveset.

As an alternative to the above, I thought about replacing Licenses and HMs altogether with key items that let you use the HM's ability, e.g. a Torch for use of Flash.

Would people prefer the first option, the second, or a mix of both?

Last edited:
Years
I say, go for a mix of 2nd and 3rd option. Licenses let you use the moves without using the HMs and moves like flash, dig replaced by items.
But keep those moves as normal TMs because some of them are pretty good.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 29, 2019
Wow can't believe you are back, I can't wait for the pre-alpha version from the screenshot it looks really good. For HM I like the 1st option.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Mirage Of Tales - Pre-Alpha (Version 0.1)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Things to know about this release:
  • Only male character is playable for now.
  • You can only play Researcher, Gang Member, Police, or Journalist - Ranger, Seeker and Freelance (or ordinary trainer) isn't available yet.
  • Some houses are intentionally empty.
  • All maps are placeholders, actually assume everything you see is subject to improvement.
  • You will NOT be able to keep your save file for future releases.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am truly sorry for you guys who wanted to try Seeker or Ranger - I never intended to have Freelance in this release, but unfortunately some bugs came up in Seeker/Ranger that I still need some time to fix. I will post the update the minute it's fixed, I just didn't want to let people down who were expecting a release today. I might even get it done by tomorrow.
Hope you all don't find it too underwhelming! Seeing as I'm effectively trying to make 7 games in one, and transferring everything to a new ROM, the next release will be a LONG way away. In the unlikely event that anyone wants to make a Let's Play of this - don't =P it's not worth your time as it's so short.
This version won't be getting any updates past the aforemenioned plus bug fixes for that reason. Enjoy!
Link:

Last edited:
Years
Mirage Of Tales - Pre-Alpha (Version 0.1)
Things to know about this release:
  • Only male character is playable for now.
  • You can only play Researcher, Gang Member, Police, or Journalist - Ranger, Seeker and Freelance (or ordinary trainer) isn't available yet.
  • Some houses are intentionally empty.
  • All maps are placeholders, actually assume everything you see is subject to improvement.
  • You will NOT be able to keep your save file for future releases.
I am truly sorry for you guys who wanted to try Seeker or Ranger - I never intended to have Freelance in this release, but unfortunately some bugs came up in Seeker/Ranger that I still need some time to fix. I will post the update the minute it's fixed, I just didn't want to let people down who were expecting a release today. I might even get it done by tomorrow.
Hope you all don't find it too underwhelming! Seeing as I'm effectively trying to make 7 games in one, and transferring everything to a new ROM, the next release will be a LONG way away. In the unlikely event that anyone wants to make a Let's Play of this - don't =P it's not worth your time as it's so short.
This version won't be getting any updates past the aforemenioned plus bug fixes for that reason. Enjoy!
Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?uqg5oit10u4z8wu

Congrats! Oh, this is awesome news.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 7, 2022
I never thought the concept of Gen 3 open world would be confusing to play! The graphics nonetheless was obviously great. It's just that I never expected the map to be quite complex LOL. I kinda got annoyed at the wild encounter % in caves. Those Zubats and Geodudes were friggin persistent. Also, the concept of jobs is innovative and amazing. I chose the Gang Member job because I'd love to have a badass Houndour by my side.

All in all, I see a lot of potential in this ROM hack, and I can't wait to play more of this. Awesome!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Thanks everyone for your feedback! Don't worry, the download link isn't staying down - I'm posting the new version today which will fix the minor movement permission errors and other small glitches people have alerted me to. It will also include a bit of expansion in terms of content. I've also taken on board your feedback about Mt. Ore's wild encounters, I'll lower those. Shouldn't be long!

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
Years
I love some Rom hack with different Story and Different Gameplay than any other ROM hack.It feels like A Two game in One ROM

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 12, 2017
Hello avara
I downloaded the New link but i cant go any further with the gang members after i stole the machine part

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hello avara
I downloaded the New link but i cant go any further with the gang members after i stole the machine part

Hey! When you leave the Research Center, you should speak to Thayn in Sogen Suburb to receive your pay. After this point the pre-alpha is over =)

Years
I just tried it and I have to say it's looking awesome so far! You did a very good job and I'm looking forward to see the progress of it!

Years
Good luck on refining this hack. I like the open world idea, a question though, up to what gens of pokemon does it contain because it seems you forgot to mention what pokemon gens your hack feature.

Back