• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I'm having some trouble understanding palette colors:

When looking at anything with VBA's palette/tile/OAM viewers, color RGB values are always double digits, and are numbers that, when entered directly into Paint, ensure much darker colors than what is seen in-game.

What am I missing here?

Multiply those numbers by 8 to recreate them in Paint.

Years
Question

Hi, this is pokeshadow13. Ive been wondering something for some time now... Well are the sprites of the normal and the shiny Pokemon in firered the same images only with different pallets or two different pictures all together? In my hack I want it to be a visual experience and my friend suggested that the normal and shiny Pokemon are different sprites not just the same sprite with a different pallet. Btw I would figure this out myself but my computer is getting repaired at the moment (I'm writing this on my iPod).

Thanks in advance[map]!
Pokeshadow13

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Hi, this is pokeshadow13. Ive been wondering something for some time now... Well are the sprites of the normal and the shiny Pokemon in firered the same images only with different pallets or two different pictures all together? In my hack I want it to be a visual experience and my friend suggested that the normal and shiny Pokemon are different sprites not just the same sprite with a different pallet. Btw I would figure this out myself but my computer is getting repaired at the moment (I'm writing this on my iPod).

Thanks in advance[map]!
Pokeshadow13

Each Pokemon only has one frontsprite/ backsprite, they don't have different ones depending on whether they are shiny or not. The only thing that differentiates them is the pallette used.

Tryndamere

the Barbarian King.
Years
hello..its seamon here
I was wondering how to make scripts like those when we step on a script tile a sprite moves, talk etc.
tnx

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
hello..its seamon here
I was wondering how to make scripts like those when we step on a script tile a sprite moves, talk etc.
tnx

For starter's, heres a program to actually write and compile the script. Its called XSE, you probably heard of it.

http://www.andreasartori.net/hackmew/downloads/XSE.zip

Also, here is a tutorial so you know what you're doing.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276

Last, but not least, Advanced Map. This is what you need to set a Green script tile. This will be the tile you need to step on to activate the script. You put the compiled offset from XSE into here.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=246451

kringlur

Velkominn í heim POKéMON!
Years
Using UnLZ-GBA, every time I try to insert a sprite it says the image isn't indexed even though Photoshop says it is. I got a friend to try indexing an image and then tested that, and it got the same error.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2011
Hello everyone!! I'm having trouble finding something out and it's driving me crazy. I'll tell you what I've been working on.
Basically I'm hacking Pokemon Emerald as a gift for my girlfriend because she fell in love with the game. What I did is I changed the sprites of both the hero's to look like me and her, and edited the dialogues so that it will unfold a love story as the game goes on, she won't have a clue what to expect. Anyways I worked for two days straight to finish all the overworld sprites and dialogues. I think I did pretty good for a total noob. Anyways, the one thing I need right now seems to be impossible for me.
I need to know how to edit the back sprite of MAY so that I can draw her and edit it to my liking it, because so far the only glitchy thing is May's backsprite, probably because I changed the palette of the overworld May.
Anyways I tried TLP and Tile Molester but TLP is just too hard for me, I don't understand what to do, and Tile molester tells me something about premature file end every time.
So please if any of you could help me ASAP so I can finish this and let her play it I would be so grateful. Please keep in mind I'm new to this so don't talk to me in a strange technical language lol. I'm still trying to figure out what the hell offset means. Thanks everyone I hope to see a reply very soon. Links,guides, tutorials, whatever you can provide me with to help me solve my problem is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!! :)

-Fernie

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2012
Okay i admit to not have reading the previous 750 pages, and i have no future in hexing and free space finding. But i was wondering if anyone could confirm two things

1) Can i increase the number of Pokemon in fire red to 649, and can the pokedex be edit to fill all that

2) I want to make my rom like the anime, and how each region he restarts by taking only one pokemon with him so is there a way to make it that he wont be allowed on the ferry if he has more than 1 pokemon and under a certain level, or is there a way to allow the trainer to have no pokemon with him

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
It is not possible. You see, as Dr. Fuji said each Pokemon has only 1 front sprite. So it means shiny pokemon must have same front sprite =)

I need to know how to edit the back sprite of MAY so that I can draw her and edit it to my liking it, because so far the only glitchy thing is May's backsprite, probably because I changed the palette of the overworld May.
Anyways I tried TLP and Tile Molester but TLP is just too hard for me, I don't understand what to do, and Tile molester tells me something about premature file end every time.
So please if any of you could help me ASAP so I can finish this and let her play it I would be so grateful. Please keep in mind I'm new to this so don't talk to me in a strange technical language lol. I'm still trying to figure out what the hell offset means. Thanks everyone I hope to see a reply very soon. Links,guides, tutorials, whatever you can provide me with to help me solve my problem is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!! :)
-Fernie
Try to do this with NSE (nameless sprite editor) which can be downloaded here in toolbox. It should be easier =)
Hope you can make great game for your girlfriend =)

Okay i admit to not have reading the previous 750 pages, and i have no future in hexing and free space finding. But i was wondering if anyone could confirm two things

1) Can i increase the number of Pokemon in fire red to 649, and can the pokedex be edit to fill all that

2) I want to make my rom like the anime, and how each region he restarts by taking only one pokemon with him so is there a way to make it that he wont be allowed on the ferry if he has more than 1 pokemon and under a certain level, or is there a way to allow the trainer to have no pokemon with him
1) In GBA no. At least not yet.
2) I suppose there's command that removes player's party but I'm not sure if it can be done without ASM.

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2012
i guess you're right, i guess i could learn to hack on the new generations, is there something like an advance map for either 4th or 5th generation yet. Oh but what's ASM and how can i learn it?

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2012
8 Bpp world maps in FireRed

Hello, i've been having a slight problem with inserting a 8 Bpp (256 colors) world map into FireRed. Currently i've been using the same method as inserting a 4 Bpp world map, and all seems to go well until after I repoint the map in Hex. The map is visible in game/A-Map, but the colors are distorted (I did Index the map before posting it into UNlz-Gba). I've seen hacks in the past that have used a 8 Bpp world map on a FireRed Rom, so I believe it is possible.

Any help would be appreciated :D

kringlur

Velkominn í heim POKéMON!
Years
Is there a tool that edits which HM/TMs are available in the game for Fire Red? I searched but didn't find one, only for the older generations. YAPE edits which TM/HMs a pokemon can learn but I want to edit the names and effects of some of the TMs.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Is there a tool that edits which HM/TMs are available in the game for Fire Red? I searched but didn't find one, only for the older generations. YAPE edits which TM/HMs a pokemon can learn but I want to edit the names and effects of some of the TMs.
Item Editor by thethethe can do it.

DeepKickSavior

is readin' up on his XSE :3
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 28, 2013
Map HELP

Something is TERRIBLY wrong with my maps... If I make an edit to one PokéCenter, all the others get the exact same change. Why is this? I took the Route 4 PokéCenter (FireRed) and turned it (as well as the other two map banks in Route 4) and turned it into a cave. This specific map bank (16.0) became an 8x8 entrance map. All is ok, I test the game and I explore the cave, everything is going fine. I run to the PokéCenter in Cerulean City and guess what? I spawn offmap of an 8x8 entrance cave map. SWEET. I checked all the PokéCenters in AdvanceMap, and they're all exactly the same. So now not only do I have to revert every PokéCenter back to normal, scripts and all, but I also get to rack my brains to figure out what the hell happened and how to work around this. So PLEASE help, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do now.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2011
Hi, actually NSE didn't have any of the back sprites of Emerald, I really need to edit the back sprite of May in Emerald. PLZ, how do I do this??

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2011
I've got a hacking question...

So i can't seem to find the right answer anywhere.

I wanna add more Pokemon to my hack (ruby hack) Such as Pokemon from black and white etc but i don't wanna delete any of the other Pokemon or change them.

I can't use pokepic as it only has 25 spaces and that isn't enough.

So how do i do it or do i need to download something?

Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2012
Hello.

1) I tried adding a cave to my Ruby ROM. The warp to enter it works just fine, but when I try to leave it's as if the warp isn't there. What do I do? If it helps, I'm using AdvanceMap 1.95.
2) I'm having the same problem as DKS up there ^^^ but in Ruby. This is only minor though.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Hello.

1) I tried adding a cave to my Ruby ROM. The warp to enter it works just fine, but when I try to leave it's as if the warp isn't there. What do I do? If it helps, I'm using AdvanceMap 1.95.
2) I'm having the same problem as DKS up there ^^^ but in Ruby. This is only minor though.

1) Wrong tile. There are 2 similar looking floor tiles, one which has a tile behaviour that allows warps to be used. Use that one for exits.

2) All the PC maps have the same header, so are loaded exactly the same (bar scripts inside). That came up before, but I forgot the solution.

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2012
1) Wrong tile. There are 2 similar looking floor tiles, one which has a tile behaviour that allows warps to be used. Use that one for exits..
I just checked, and both tiles that could be used here have the same exact tile behavior. It's not that. Also, every time I enter, I'm facing down but should be facing up. That might be part of the problem.

EDIT: I used a ladder instead of a cave exit and it's working now. Funny, the original tile worked fine in Granite Cave...

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I just checked, and both tiles that could be used here have the same exact tile behavior. It's not that. Also, every time I enter, I'm facing down but should be facing up. That might be part of the problem.

The tile 0x207 in the average Ruby cave tileset should have a behavour byte of 0x65, which creates a downwards facing arrow when stepped on and allows the player to use warps.

Change it's behaviour byte to this and place it directly above the exit to the cave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back