• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dead Websites/Applications you Miss?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
What are dead websites/applications you miss? In this case, I mean websites that are completely gone, not still up and running, but a shell of what they once were. Same with applications. Besides forums that came and went in my life, there aren't any websites I really miss... except Vine. I suppose the new Vine is Tictoc for the kids these days... but I really don't care about it.

And I guess I miss MSN, because, for what it was, it was really fun & customizable, unlike Skype. :x

Last edited:
Years
Honestly, I feel like nothing will top the old MSN/Windows Live Messenger days for me. Not even Discord captures that same feeling. Of course, that could be nostalgia itself talking, but being randomly invited to a group chat by one of your friends and messing around and having crazy usernames was one of the most memorable parts about it.

Also, nudges. Not that I'm the annoying type that does them, but nudges were hella funny. :x

Oh, and AIM! Now I wasn't a huge user of AIM, but it was certainly interesting to use for the like...2 or 3 people I had on my AIM list , lol. I will never forget how using it made me feel like MSN was a more "modern" (at the time, anyway), way of chatting.

And I dunno if they're still up these days, but I miss the third party sites that allowed you to sign into IM services like MSN, because I used the crap out of them when I was somewhere like school where I couldn't download MSN but I still wanted to talk to my friends. Fun stuff.

Last thing, IRC. I know IRC still "exists" (probably), but for the most part it's largely a wasteland and I really miss the days where I would download the mIRC client alongside NNS (NoNameScript was especially super cool because it allowed you to customize the look and feel of your client to make it look significantly less ugly than what the mIRC client was) and just hop on various IRC servers and start chatting. Really, IRC, alongside MSN was how I've made some pretty crazy memories with some people because I remember we used to have clique channels and those were nuts, haha.

The internet sure was a hell of a place in the mid-late 2000s.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I grew up on AOL so I thought that's all there was when I was little and in grade school. I miss MSN and AIM too. I know in elementary we used Yahooligans...lol.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
I don't really wanna be the one to say it buuuuut... Limewire anyone?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Limewire FTW! I use to use that ALL THE TIME! I use to get some really good stuff off of there.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
MSN is the only thing I really miss.

I can't get myself to reliably switch to any other messaging app since it died.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
speaking of nintendo forums, i remember miiverse, a place I use to use a lot, before my gamepad on my Wii U broke. I do miss it, but i can live without it, since i have discord.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I never used much of it, but the times I did use AIM I had a lot of fun. Got to chat with my little middle school girlfriend. <3

Also YTMND. Besides all the CP and anti-semitism, there were many laughs to be found there in the early days.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I really enjoy using MSN messager, it feels less because Skype/Discord dont have the feeling and customization as MSN messager do
yahoomessenger-061118.jpg

I spent time talking to my old school mate in yahoo messager, just like MSN they are also bricked to extinction.. again skype/discord doesnt have same feeling as these messagers

Years
MSN, the old Neopets (idk if this counts but it's never been the same for me after they revamped the entire site, though I do still log in), Paladore. Paladore used to be pretty popular and I made many memories playing with my irl friend. Nowadays it's pretty dead, rare for even one or two people to be online. ):

Years
MSN, the old Neopets (idk if this counts but it's never been the same for me after they revamped the entire site, though I do still log in), Paladore. Paladore used to be pretty popular and I made many memories playing with my irl friend. Nowadays it's pretty dead, rare for even one or two people to be online. ):

i will forever miss how the old neopets site was

nowadays there are so many dead links that pretty much ruin the experience for me. it's a shell of its former self and it's sad...

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I miss AIM so much. It was so personal and you could do so much customization. There hasn't been anything thats felt the same since.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
MapleStory. Hands down the most fun I ever had on an MMORPG. Now, it's pretty much single-player oriented and dead. Oh, the wasted hours...

I should add that single-player games are fine. But it was the multiplayer aspect that made this game so fun. Queuing for party quests, chats on the ships to other parts of the map, questing together... that pretty much no longer exists.

Last edited:

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
I miss MSN and AIM. Also I'm not 100% sure but I wanna say there was a website of wacky packages where you could play mini games related to those, but I can't find it anywhere anymore.

Also AOL had some fun games.

Years
suddenly remembering a few more dead virtual petsites I used to frequent

neurogalaxy, nutrinopets, chibipaws, ichumon (still exists but dead)....gah I miss the days when they were more popular.

Back