Off-Topic Hang out with people and talk about whatever. Feel free to suggest a better description for this forum as everyone seems to have an opinion. :D

Ad Content

#1   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old 1 Week Ago (4:15 AM).
Life, the Universe and Everything

Nature: Jolly
    What was your most physically painful experience? If it's too gory to confide then don't, or at least dilute it.

But if this thread is a violation for whatever reason, sorry. Grovel grovel. Grovel grovel.
    "Well I never pray / But tonight I'm on my knees, yeah / I need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah / I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind, I feel free now / But the airwaves are clean and there's nobody singing to me now." ★☆★☆
      #2   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 1 Week Ago (6:48 AM).

Nature: Adamant
    The year I turned fourteen I broke my foot and did such severe soft tissue damage that I couldn't walk for over two months. However the school nurse decided I was fine and had me walk around on that foot all day even though I couldn't put any weight on it without experiencing mindnumbing amounts of pain.

More recently I experienced digestive pains so severe I pretty much could not move or sit up for a week. I spent less than hour total out of bed that week and never got up if I could avoid it.
      #3   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old 1 Week Ago (7:15 AM).

Nature: Mild
      Breaking my arm. Part of the reason is because I didn't get it checked until the next day.

Then there was the 6+ hour long hospital wait. Any slight movement of my arm was excruciatingly painful.
        #4   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 1 Week Ago (1:37 PM).
      the pretender

Nature: Modest
      I had severe chest pain to the point I ended up in hospital early last year. It stabilized in the end but one of the worst moments of my life, by far.
        #5   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 1 Week Ago (2:07 PM).
      of the Final Day

Nature: Quiet
      My second wisdom tooth going bad, when I was...25, I think it was? My mid-20s, anyway. Those years kinda blend together and except for one they all kinda decided to psyduck with me one after the other, so it's hard to remember exactly when.

But for the second one I couldn't eat or drink anything without agonising pain in my entire mouth, I couldn't sleep for longer than an hour at a time and I think that was because I just passed out from sheer exhaustion, and it radiated across my entire head without warning, giving me crippling migraines. Taking the maximum dosage of ibuprofen that I could gave me about 2 hours relief at best, and paracetomol had absolutely no effect whatsoever.

I had to endure that for nearly a week. It developed when I was on holiday, and I had to wait a couple of days to see the dentist to get the little bastard out when I got home. Instant relief when it was extracted, though. There wasn't even that much bleeding, because during that time it had gotten infected so it came out with practically no resistance...unlike the first one, which just came out wrong and put up a horrific fight. Ironic that of the three I've had taken out, despite being the worst one pain-wise, it was the fastest and least painful to have taken out.

Wisdom teeth are the worst. If yours haven't come through yet, beware. Make sure you have a good dentist.
        #6   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 1 Week Ago (2:32 PM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
      Wisdom teeth are the worst. If yours haven't come through yet, beware. Make sure you have a good dentist.
      I didn't even feel mine come through. One day a dentist was just like "oh by the way you have wisdom teeth now".
        #7   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 1 Week Ago (4:00 PM).

Falling down a flight of stairs from the top, breaking my elbow.

On top of that, the surgery and the recovery.
        #8   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old 1 Week Ago (4:01 PM).

Nature: Quiet
        I would say most physical painful experience for me was when I twisted my knee and it took two weeks for my knee to recover.
          #9   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old 1 Week Ago (4:44 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Ash.
        ✫彡 peace sign

Nature: Gentle
        when i got into a car crash. got out mostly okay other than my legs were pretty bruised. couldn't stand or anything the next day. now i have issues with my left knee because of the crash but i haven't been able to get it checked out by a doctor yet.

other than that i've been pretty lucky knock on wood ( though w o w knee acting up right when i'm typing this i see how it is )

#10   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old 1 Week Ago (5:14 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by strangerhypno.

I've only had wimpy injuries. The most painful I've had was either burning my leg against hot metal or ripping open my chin as a kid when I was running like a moron and rammed my face into a sharp table corner.

I also almost injured my neck from running into a couch as a kid, could have paralyzed myself for life. I'm not a smart person really.
            #11   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old 1 Week Ago (6:42 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Ace.

I had a disc herniation that was touching my spinal cord. What that meant for me was that I couldn't sit, stand, or lay down for any extended period of time without excruciating pain. I had many, many sleepless nights from it. I couldn't bend my head to look down. I couldn't turn my head to look in either direction.

That happened July of 2017. I got it fixed in November of 2017. I lived with it for four months, and looking back - I can remember how painful it was and I have no idea how I managed to live with it for that long. Imagine trying to sleep at night but you can't because of the pain from just lying down is enough to keep you awake, or just trying to put your shoes on. Sometimes the pain was just absolutely unbearable.
            #12   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old 1 Week Ago (12:26 AM).

Look what I've got to compete with! God, mine is going to sound psyducking inadequate now.

... but my most painful experience was having my thumb kicked. Before you roll your eyes in jaded contempt, let me get this straight - it was a small thumb, a large foot, and a whole lot of strength involved that fingers weren't made to accommodate. An accident, of course. It was a stray kick and my thumb just happened to be in its trajectory. And then... CRACK.

The more it hurts, the more I laugh. I was cackling and crying at the same time. It was mindblowing, though: I was familiar with the concept of pain but not the reality of it, and the truth had me reeling. There was probably a fracture or something, and nowadays gaming and thumb-wars are no easy feats. Certainly not painless. Occasionally I get a searing twinge but it doesn't approach the full extent of yesteryear's horror.

Compared to herniations, broken feet and falling down stairs, it sounds fairly god damn prissy. Well, there was that time I injured my lower back, but it wasn't sheer agony - more like a hideous, unremitting undercurrent of hurt. It was a Paracetamol party that day, I can tell you.
            "Well I never pray / But tonight I'm on my knees, yeah / I need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah / I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind, I feel free now / But the airwaves are clean and there's nobody singing to me now." ★☆★☆
              #13   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old 1 Week Ago (5:40 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by VisionofMilotic.
            Mother of Dragons

I'm gonna say surfing the crimson wave is the worst for me. I'm surprised that nobody else has mentioned the joys of the pez. The faint-hearted may simply wish to google the terms dysmenorrhea and endometriosis, rather than read this sign post any further to enter the bloody manor I live in. I have undergone surgery and experienced broken bones, but still would not change my answer. Every time I see that red dot I admit defeat. I just wanna cry. Tyrion Lannister perfectly sums up the feeling, "When you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth."

The pain is legit. If you think it feels something like a stomache then you are gravely mistaken. I was quickly prescribed lightweight narcotics by a doctor to deal with severity. I laugh at over the counter meds. What is this midol, pamprin, advil, tylenol? Give me codeine! I have to be so numb and in a total dreamy stupor to survive the first 2 days and the pms. The best way I can describe it is like having your insides slowly scraped with a sharp object for hours every month as you are gradually stretched apart by the limbs. A hot throbbing sensation coupled with a the feeling of stacatto, sharp contractions as you go into labor. Not to mention all the other fun surprises like migraines, weight gain, swelling, back aches, leg pain, sweating and chills, nausea, vomitting. I have a week of this to look forward to coming up.

Top this if you can. Cuts and bones heal soon enough. This is chronic. It may be another 15 or 20 years before I'm done with this.

Name: Narcissus
            Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

#14   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old 1 Week Ago (5:55 AM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by VisionofMilotic View Post
              I'm gonna say surfing the crimson wave is the worst for me. I'm surprised that nobody else has mentioned the joys of the pez. The faint-hearted may simply wish to google the terms dysmenorrhea and endometriosis, rather than read this sign post any further to enter the bloody manor I live in. I have undergone surgery and experienced broken bones, but still would not change my answer from the rag.

The pain is legit, mind and I was actually prescribed lightweight narcotics by one doc to deal with severity. I laugh at over the counter meds. What is this midol, pamprin, advil, tylenol? Give me codeine! I have to be numb and in a dreamy stupor to survive the first 2 days and the pms. The best way I can describe it is like having your insides slowly scraped with a sharp object for hours every month as you are gradually stretched apart by the limbs. A hot throbbing sensation coupled with a the feeling of stacatto, sharp, sharp contractions. Not to mention all the other fun surprises like migraines, weight gain, swelling, back aches, leg pain, sweating and chills, nausea, vomitting. I have week of this to look forward too coming up.

Try and top that. Unless you have been torturted by Ramsay Bolton I win this round I think.
              Spoiler:

... but I've actually heard of that, and it reinforces my belief that evolution was in a foul mood when it shaped out the female biology.

Don't worry - when I get a few certificates under my hat, I'll reshape female biology and do away with all of that pointless suffering. Make 'em buff, too. It's not a personal physical preference but it would be neat, wouldn't it.
                #15   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old 1 Week Ago (6:03 AM).
              Mother of Dragons

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Homeskulled Kid View Post
              Spoiler:

... but I've actually heard of that, and it reinforces my belief that evolution was in a foul mood when it shaped out the female biology.

Don't worry - when I get a few certificates under my hat, I'll reshape female biology and do away with all of that pointless suffering. Make 'em buff, too. It's not a personal physical preference but it would be neat, wouldn't it.

*throws arms around you* You're my hero!

Name: Narcissus
              Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

#16   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old 1 Week Ago (6:32 AM).

Nature: Timid
              In middle school these girls invited me over to one of their houses and threw boiling water all over me
              I'm scarred in the face from it.

The sky is falling, seal the borders, heighten the anxiety
              A steady diet of hysteria shapes history
                #17   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old 1 Week Ago (8:22 AM).

Quote:
                *throws arms around you* You're my hero!
                *swells out chest*
                Did I mention that one time where I put someone out of fire? 'Cause I did. And you might have read about that rescue mission a few years ago - where a fearless, resourceful genius rescued a spider from a toilet-y death. Shirtless. Yeah, that was me too.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Marth View Post
                In middle school these girls invited me over to one of their houses and threw boiling water all over me
                I'm scarred in the face from it.
                I sincerely hope they were prosecuted. Even without courts, a higher judgement is reserved for people like that. One hears so many horror stories about youths and their exploits, and I have no psyducking idea where the blame is supposed to go. Not that blame ever fixed anything.

Probably means bugger all from a ghost on the screen, but I hope you're okay.
                  #18   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old 1 Week Ago (12:59 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Kai.
                Wayfarer

Nature: Brave
                  Quote:
                  The pain is legit. If you think it feels something like a stomachache then you are gravely mistaken. I was quickly prescribed lightweight narcotics by a doctor to deal with severity. I laugh at over the counter meds.
                  Decreased stress, reduced salt intake, daily exercise, healthy food, sleep, and heat sources such as a tolerably hot bath or heat pad should help reduce the pain.
                    #19   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old 1 Week Ago (6:13 PM).

A tie between breaking my elbow on the playground and having a father that didn’t believe it was broken and forced me to play some rugby, or breaking my ankle during a rugby tournament on sports day due to a hole in the field the groundskeeper evidently didn’t see a need to fill.

I do not play rugby anymore.
                    #20   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old 1 Week Ago (10:59 PM).
                  PC's jacksepticeye enthusiast

good question

i'm pretty sure that.. it was when i got bit by a dog, probably. i had to get stitches because some muscle was showing. after that i am extremely wary of big dogs, so..that's fun.

i have scarring from it but that's mostly my fault for reasons i won't disclose.
                      #21   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old 1 Week Ago (10:41 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Marth.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Homeskulled Kid View Post
                    I sincerely hope they were prosecuted. Even without courts, a higher judgement is reserved for people like that. One hears so many horror stories about youths and their exploits, and I have no psyducking idea where the blame is supposed to go. Not that blame ever fixed anything.

Probably means bugger all from a ghost on the screen, but I hope you're okay.
                    I don't think they did? I was in the hospital but they didn't seem effected at all when I got out.
                    I grew up in a small town and was misdiagnosed with a conduct disorder when I really had Autism, so no one really liked me. I don't imagine it really bothered anyone outside of my immediate family. They probably thought I'd provoked it, but I didn't.

EDIT: It also wasn't the first or last assault against me, in which adults turned their heads. The adults themselves spread rumors about me so...

#22   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old 1 Week Ago (10:52 AM).
                    ~I WANT HAM~

Nature: Quirky
                    Guys, don't judge me for this. My ADHD has a huge part in why I lost my teeth, along with other personal reasons. :x

Anyway, I had all my teeth pulled twice. The first time was partial because my insurance is really stupid. I had the rest of them pulled out not long after the others. I don't really know if it counts because it wasn't really that bad or anything. I do really well with not having any teeth. My stupid insurance stopped covering for dentures, and they most definitely won't cover implants. -____-;
                      #23   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old 1 Week Ago (11:30 AM).

Wait was there a reason all your adult teeth got pulled? I mean unless they're like rotting I can't really see why?

#24   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old 1 Week Ago (12:04 PM).

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Marth View Post
                    Snip
                    Jesus psyduck. Severe burns are widely reported to be flatly the single worst type of pain a person can experience.
                      #25   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old 1 Week Ago (9:51 PM).
                    Darkinium Z

Nature: Sassy
                    My most painful experience was when I dropped one of the drawers onto my big toe. There was a big bruise and my toenail broke in half. My mom wrapped a bandage around it and I would have to keep changing every few hours or so. I didn't go see a doctor for it, but I did went to my elementary school nurse after the pain got bad at one point and gave me new bandages.

"Meowth are all right. They don't care who you are or anything."
                    Foul Play [Chapter Six up!]

Quick Reply