• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Getting error while using trapping move

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 19, 2018
I keep getting this error while using Infestation. It doesn't make the game crash but it makes the user skips a turn. It also only affect Infestation as similar moves such Fire Spin and Clamp work just fine.

20DqA2l.png

I'm unsure whether it's because I'm using wrong function code in PBS or the script, but here's the move in PBS:
Code:
583,INFESTATION,Infestation,0CF,20,BUG,Special,100,20,0,01,0,abef,"The target is infested and attacked for four to five turns. The target can't flee during this time."

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2022
Its a problem with your script. Somewhere you are using the damagestate class and it's causing the error. Idk exactly how to fix it without seeing your script.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2022
Um let's try lines 5700 to 5750ish in the PokeBattle_MoveEffects script for starters

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2022
Alright. After playing around with it a bit, I think I found the problem. It is actually a problem with the PBS. You need to change the 01 in the PBS to 00 for Infestation. It should look like this when you are done:
Spoiler:

Back