Advertiser Content

Emerald Pokémon Theta Emerald Renev Page 7

Started by LCCoolJ95 November 15th, 2018 4:53 PM
  • 171 replies
Seen May 26th, 2019
Posted April 25th, 2019
1 posts
1.8 Years
There seems to be a bug with link trade where upon leaving the trade room, if you reset without saving again, upon reloading your save all TMs/HMs are gone. It's avoidable if you save from the menu immediately after leaving the trade room.

EDIT: yeah this seems to affect any kind of partial save. Just had my bag corrupt over at battle frontier after closing the game right completing a streak.
Male
Seen July 12th, 2019
Posted July 8th, 2019
62 posts
7.1 Years
Currently have 3 Gym Badges, gotta say this hack is really amazing so far. Can tell how much work was put into it, really rewards the player for being patient and grinding to see which pokemon are available, and finding certain items and TM's along the way. Also customized movesets are very much a thing; for instance evolved a Riolu at 19, where Lucario learns Swords Dance in recent gens, but didnt get it then. Saw via Move Relearner that he learns it at earlier levels tho lol. And Aloan Marowak getting its signature move is so swagged out :)

jpnm92

Male
Portugal
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted June 4th, 2019
29 posts
6.1 Years
Hey dude love the hack. I have only 3 suggestions that would improve some QoL features:

1- In Victory Road allow Elixirs/Max Elixirs to be bought.
2- If it was possible to make HMs obsolete it would be awesome but I'm guessing it isn't which leads to my suggestion nº3
3- Make it so that TMs can be learnt over HMs.

The number 3 is the one i wish it was really implemented.
Seen July 14th, 2019
Posted May 28th, 2019
2 posts
89 Days
Hi can someone explain why mega evolution isn't working for me?

I have Charizard with Charizard X, and Sceptile with Sceptilnite, but neither mega evolve. I beat Norman and got the mega evolution ring. In battle there is no button to activate mega evolution, I'm playing on My boy on Android.

In battle I notice when I click fight I see a mega evolution sign/icon next to the fight button but I can't press it. I've tried selecting the ring in my bag, I'm so confused why it's not working
Male
India
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted May 27th, 2019
22 posts
5.1 Years
Hi can someone explain why mega evolution isn't working for me?

I have Charizard with Charizard X, and Sceptile with Sceptilnite, but neither mega evolve. I beat Norman and got the mega evolution ring. In battle there is no button to activate mega evolution, I'm playing on My boy on Android.

In battle I notice when I click fight I see a mega evolution sign/icon next to the fight button but I can't press it. I've tried selecting the ring in my bag, I'm so confused why it's not working

Pretty sure you just press start to activate Mega evolution when you see the symbol. That's usually the default for all rom hacks with megas.
Male
Seen July 12th, 2019
Posted July 8th, 2019
62 posts
7.1 Years
I don't think so, 99% of the features in this game are outlined in the guide you get downloading it, which you need to check time to time for sure

Beat the E4, used pokemon in the early 70's and did some EV training. There's a ton of legendaries available after that, caught maybe 25 or so. Decided to train up a Zekrom cause why not, then I managed to beat Steven. The cave you find him in has a ton of high level pokemon to grind levels from. Also, something not written in the guide is that you can find Red in Altering Cave, which is a place I rarely check post game in Emerald hacks for some reason lmao. There're a few over sights in the game (for example, Steel pokemon can be poisoned by Toxic Spikes, shouts out to having a Greninja lol) but you can tell this had a lot of hard work put into it, one of the best Emerald hacks for sure.

nemesish

Azure Trainer

Lima, Perú
Online now
Posted 1 Week Ago
417 posts
11.6 Years
Is there an ability switcher and/or an IV perfecter in the game?
Hopefully LLC can add that.
Or somebody else (with permission of LLC of course)
Games I support:

Pokemon Reborn - Pokemon Rejuvenation - Pokemon Zeta/Omicron/Insurgence

Hacks I support:
Fire Red Nameless - Emerald Omega - Fire Red 251+ - Theta Emerald EX - Snowy White

nemesish

Azure Trainer

Lima, Perú
Online now
Posted 1 Week Ago
417 posts
11.6 Years
Sorry i'm new in this site, how i play this game? I can't find the gba file
Please help

I want to play on android
You need to patch an emerald Rom to play this (search on internet for it).
Per rules .gba files are not provided in this forum.
Games I support:

Pokemon Reborn - Pokemon Rejuvenation - Pokemon Zeta/Omicron/Insurgence

Hacks I support:
Fire Red Nameless - Emerald Omega - Fire Red 251+ - Theta Emerald EX - Snowy White
Male
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
5 posts
4 Years
EDIT: Figured it out, update released, google "Pokemon ROM Rebalancer", under my ABZB username on Github (can't post links yet).

Also, does anyone know the offset changes from EX to Renev, for codes?

EDIT EDIT:

Nope, bug in my code, it was reading edits should have been of the form 0x0Y and reading instead 0xY0, and the error-catching routine I wrote was correcting that *after* the checksum calculation. All fixed, everything works

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity

Age 24
Male
The World That Never Was
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
606 posts
10.2 Years
So, it's been a while since I've done anything related to Emerald ROM hacking. I'd rather play ROM hacks rather than hack Emerald ones. Especially with everyone just saying "Oh, just use the Emerald disassembly" which has the worst instructions I've ever seen. In all honesty, Firered has a much better Battle Engine AND Pokemon Expansion that is straightforward and easier to understand. Plus, IT HAS THE MAIN FEATURES I WANT IN ORDER TO HAVE GEN 7 IN EMERALD, A REAL GEN 7 ENGINE AND EXPANDED PC BOXES.

Balls in your court, Emerald modding. You're going to become irrelevant if you don't step it up. Until there's a battle engine and pokemon expansion that is like Firered's, and NOT START FROM ADAM AND EVE AND GO FROM THERE, I'm done with Emerald modding.
"The greatest obstacle in life is Yourself. Overcome it, and you will achieve the greatest accomplishment of all." -Art Beins, 1982

Pokémon Theta Emerald EX: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=386240
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
2 posts
23 Days
Incredible hack (especially one of the few actually implementing the right cries for pokemon expansions... :O) and currently rediscovering the battle frontier ! :D

Speaking off, though, here are some of the bugs I can report :
-> The move tutors in battle frontier don't teach the moves they list (Pain split in particular actually tries to teach "Trick")
-> The TM Poison Jab is not learnable by any pokemon even Mew
-> Trainers with U-turn, Volt Switch, and Parting Shot will make the game crash in the Battle hall, in Battle Frontier.
-> Pokemon with the abilities Pickpocket, and Magician are capable of stealing mega stones. If said pokemon are found in the wild and steals your item through abilities, KO'ing them will cause you to lose said item.
-> The power items don't give the Bonus 4 Iv's they are supposed to, only macho brace works.
-> Synchronize doesn't work when trying to get a specific nature out of stationary encounters
-> Not really a "Bug", but trying to use the cloning glitch made me realize that any kind of partial save, such as the ones done when mixing records (for those blissey bases) or trading will delete the "Items" or "TM" part of the bag, as well as giving you infinite of all Balls currently in your Balls pocket.
-> As a result of not needing incense for some breeding, some Pokemon are unable to inherit moves through said breeding, an exemple of which being Chansey only reproducing into Happiny even without the incense. Resulting in an impossibility to obtain an Aromatherapy Chansey, for exemple.

And here are some of my minor suggestions :D :

-> Training cave is an incredibly awesome touch which would be even more awesome if it branched off into 6 rooms with only one type of EV's per rooms
-> Training cave is super special awesome, but would have a chocolate cherry on top if the wailord sprite for HP's EVs had a Skitty sprite on the back (because HSOWA).
-> Reduce the level of wild pokemon fished in Dewford, because in a nuzlocke run, running into a level 34 Staryu with a level 20 team is game - ending :p

Anyway, thanks again for giving me something to do during these long train rides on my phone, and apologies for the long bug report - even on games I play for leisure I'm still a beta-tester at heart ^^'
Male
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
5 posts
4 Years
For what it's worth, the bugs with the switchout moves can be avoided by killing their effects - at offsets 1F45810, 1F45F30, & 1F461B8 respectively. I replaced Parting Shot with Baton Pass (replace the value with 7F), and the other two I just made into regular damaging moves (value 00) - it's annoying, but it's better than the crashes.

Those moves also glitch if used by the last Pokemon out in a double battle - the end result is that the Pokemon will stay on the field, but it can no longer move, have items used on it, or be affected by any move or condition. I am not sure if this is escapable by Struggling until one's party faints, I had just saved, so I reset rather than wait it out.

I am working on a barebones Pokemon editor for this, (it is a very simple excel file), once I finish it, lost items like Mega Stones can be retrieved using it.

I can't post a link yet, since I don't have a high enough post count.

EDIT: Now I do:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9tlwz74ey4vuof/Theta%20Pokemon%20Editor.xlsx?dl=0
Advertiser Content