derrekbertrand

PKMN Haxxor

Male
Seen February 19th, 2017
Posted February 15th, 2017
17 posts
3.4 Years
Firstly, hi. I'm new here.

I've searched far and wide on the googles, the yahoos, and the bings. I've skimmed this site. I've asked friends. Yet, I've never seen a 100% complete Nuzlocke hack. So as a belated 20th birthday present to one of my favorite franchises, I made one.

Now I know! There are some "Nuzlocke" hacks that go part-way. This is not those. This is complete with all 3 rules of Nuzlocke forced upon you, because if you're like me, you have the self control of a 4 year old.
  1. Nicknames This is forced upon you; you must nickname things.
  2. Faint = Death This is what most people mean when they say they have made a Nuzlocke hack. If you TKO, the game resets, and you can load your last save. Save often!
  3. Catch the First or Nothing This was the biggest ... to code. I have a whitelist of 48 maps and map groups that are subject to these rules. Pokemon not caught via balls are not screened for. Didn't figure most people would care. I was even nice enough to wait until you can buy pokeballs to start blacklisting maps, so you can even catch things on route 1!

This video goes into further detail and has a demo. This video contains mild swearing; NSFW.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccaqv0uyCmE

IPS patches for Red and Blue
http://derrekbertrand.com/files/blood_tears_01.zip

Del

šoακεd ςʟoτhεš, ωε† hαïr... ςoʟd ώίɴɖ ßʟoωïηg...

Age 27
Male
Celadon City, Kanto
Seen July 16th, 2019
Posted May 25th, 2019
514 posts
9.1 Years
Watching the video was amusing hahaha, thanks!
ヽ(゚ー゚*ヽ)ヽ(*゚ー゚*)ノ(ノ*゚ー゚)ノ
itร ʀɑiɳiɳg ѳut tɦɛʀɛ... wɛɑʀ yѳu cѳɑt, tɑkɛ yѳuʀ uɱɓʀɛʆʆɑ ɑɳɗ รtɛp ѳut Բѳʀ ɑ wɑʆk uɳɗɛʀ tɦɛ pѳuʀiɳg ʀɑiɳ...
wɦiʆɛ cʆѳรiɳg yѳuʀ ɛyɛร... yѳu ɦɛɑʀ tɦɛ ʀɑiɳ ɗʀѳpร tickʆiɳg ѳѵɛʀ tɦɛ uɱɓʀɛʆʆɑ...
tɦɛ cѳʆɗ ɓʀɛɛzɛ, wiɳɗ'ร ɓʆѳwiɳg, yѳu cɑɳ Բɛɛʆ it witɦ yѳuʀ Բɑcɛ รkiɳ...
ʀɑiɳ Բɑʆʆร
\(^○^)人(^○^)/

derrekbertrand

PKMN Haxxor

Male
Seen February 19th, 2017
17 posts
3.4 Years
Awesome, I'll be looking forward to it.^^
I am too! A few friends of mine probably won't play without it.

Watching the video was amusing hahaha, thanks!
I thought it was pretty cringe... I added the cat to make it less awkward.

Del

šoακεd ςʟoτhεš, ωε† hαïr... ςoʟd ώίɴɖ ßʟoωïηg...

Age 27
Male
Celadon City, Kanto
Seen July 16th, 2019
Posted May 25th, 2019
514 posts
9.1 Years
Again, I am here to rewatch, LOL
ヽ(゚ー゚*ヽ)ヽ(*゚ー゚*)ノ(ノ*゚ー゚)ノ
itร ʀɑiɳiɳg ѳut tɦɛʀɛ... wɛɑʀ yѳu cѳɑt, tɑkɛ yѳuʀ uɱɓʀɛʆʆɑ ɑɳɗ รtɛp ѳut Բѳʀ ɑ wɑʆk uɳɗɛʀ tɦɛ pѳuʀiɳg ʀɑiɳ...
wɦiʆɛ cʆѳรiɳg yѳuʀ ɛyɛร... yѳu ɦɛɑʀ tɦɛ ʀɑiɳ ɗʀѳpร tickʆiɳg ѳѵɛʀ tɦɛ uɱɓʀɛʆʆɑ...
tɦɛ cѳʆɗ ɓʀɛɛzɛ, wiɳɗ'ร ɓʆѳwiɳg, yѳu cɑɳ Բɛɛʆ it witɦ yѳuʀ Բɑcɛ รkiɳ...
ʀɑiɳ Բɑʆʆร
\(^○^)人(^○^)/

AoTora

Age 24
Female
In Pallet town ~
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
836 posts
6.7 Years
Wait what about dupes clause? Or did you give new mons to each area? Because if you find a pidgey on first route and your first encounter on the second route is also a pidgey and you don't want to catch it do you get a new enounter or not? Just curious- I will defenitely play this hack once it's completed because it sounds really interesting :3
I don't care about EV's or IV's - I play for fun not competitive.
I don't own consoles - I play on emulators on my computer.

Do what you believe in and believe in what you do. All else is a waste of energy and time ~ Nisargadatta.

Love is the only power that can change an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King.

I am a fan of Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan and some other series. I am also Harry Potter fan and Disney fan (I love Frozen!) - I also like other animes beside Pokemon.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd

Age 22
Male
Massachusetts, USA
Seen March 28th, 2019
Posted June 3rd, 2017
471 posts
5.9 Years
Hey, just testing the game and I noticed that on Route 2 (the patch of grass between the Viridian Forest and Pewter City), you are locked out of catching your first encounter. It's a small bug (no pun intended), but I could use a Pidgey right now.
Go play Pokemon Theta Emerald EX!

someguy.fromnevada

I don't know anymore...

Male
Seen August 17th, 2016
Posted August 17th, 2016
135 posts
3.1 Years
So, I'm completely re-editing my post and going to use this as a UPDATE post in regards to how it works and what it can be used with, as well as bugs I've encountered and so forth. This is by far one of the most intriguing hacks and I intend on seeing that it becomes popular, since after all, what is a Nuzlocke if the people doing it have the option to break the rules? Well, with this... I don't see that happening anymore.

UPDATE 1: This works with the Blue Kaizo patch as well, in order to do both at once, patch Pokemon Blue (UE/U) with Blue Kaizo, then patch Blue Kaizo with Pokemon Blood and Tears [Blue Version]. If you patch it with Blood and Tears first, then Blue Kaizo, it'll only go to the white loading screen and freeze there.

Spoiler:
DO NOT COMBINE WITH BLUE KAIZO, the game will literally become UNBEATABLE without hacking it.

UPDATE 2: Works just fine with a randomized Blue/Red ROM, haven't noticed any problems besides those which have already been mentioned above. Even with items randomized, all REVIVE and so forth are still missing as required. Must be applied to an already randomized ROM, not randomizing a ROM patched with this.

UPDATE 3: This breaks the Mew Glitch, so catching all Mew isn't possible without a ROM hack if you use this or if you have somehow avoided all Pokemon encounters in the area next to Nugget Bridge.

UPDATE 4: This breaks capturing static Pokemon, such as Mewtwo, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. Interestingly enough, it doesn't always break capturing them, but can do so. Also breaks capturing Voltorb in Power Plant, as only one can be caught and capturing one would prevent capturing any others as well as preventing the capture of Zapdos.

All and all, this is an amazing hack/patch and I hope to see this expand out into other Pokemon games, such as Gold/Silver/Crystal, FireRed/LeafGreen, and Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. I can only imagine how many downloads this will get when people can then combine this patch/hack with other patches and hacks.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd

Age 22
Male
Massachusetts, USA
Seen March 28th, 2019
Posted June 3rd, 2017
471 posts
5.9 Years
I tested this game and managed to finish it, and I'm impressed with how it turned out. I had seven deaths in total so I had an incredible amount of grinding to do, especially later in the game when I had to level up a replacement to Lv.50 to match the rest of my team.

By grinding my team to Lv.65, I was able to sweep the Elite Four and Champion without any deaths. This was a whole lot of fun.
Go play Pokemon Theta Emerald EX!
Female
NY
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted January 6th, 2019
686 posts
3.1 Years
Nice work! Very thorough, good attention to details like waiting until you can get Poké Balls. Funny video too. You're the inspiration for my own Nuzlocke mode in Polished Crystal.
Pokémon Polished Crystal (GitHub) — version 2.2.0 or 3.0.0 beta
Pokémon Red★ and Blue★: Space World Edition (GitHub) — updated August 19, 2018
Polished Map (GitHub): pokecrystal+pokered map, tileset, palette, and event editor — version 4.3.1 or 2.3.1++

derrekbertrand

PKMN Haxxor

Male
Seen February 19th, 2017
17 posts
3.4 Years
I didn't realize that people had continued to find and play this. {XD} I guess if people are actually going to play it, I'll compile a newer version with some bug fixes.

@sykotiksonik - Please do. Just keep in mind there are some bugs, which I'll look into fixing. (SEE BELOW)

@CelticsPhan - I'm glad you played it all the way through! Nothing is harder than losing a major part of your team! I lost a level 45 Haunter and about cried! See below about Route 2.

@someguy.fromnevada - Thank you for testing this! I'll keep compatibility in mind in the future! See below about the static pokemon issue.

@Del - Are all my views from you?

KNOWN ISSUES - FEB 2017
Spoiler:

Pokemon Tower If you visit without the silph scope and get caught by a ghost, you won't be able to catch anything here. This is slated for patching.

Pokemon Gyms I was told it was possible to catch pokemon by fishing in gyms. If confirmed, this will be slated for patching.

Static Pokemon If I had to guess, I'd say someguy.fromnevada had an encounter in the dungeon and weren't able to catch Mewtwo. I'll investigate this and consider patching those special cases.

Route 2 My belief is that the reason CelticsPhan couldn't catch anything is because Route 2 spans both sides of Veridian Forest. There is no simple way to separate these areas, as the game considers them one area.
Advertiser Content