• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
What lines do I edit so that D/P pokemon backsprites fit in the game properly without any errors? I cant seem to find the line.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
In Pokemon Essentials, a script can be created to determine a switch in order to show shiny pokemon.
example:
Code:
  Events.onWildPokemonCreate+=proc {|sender,e|
  pokemon=e[0]
  if $game_switches[50]
    pokemon.makeShiny
  end
}
How could I edit this code to make the switch determine which picture (change in Pokemon form) is used for a specific Pokemon (such as origin form for Giratina when the switch is activated)?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
What lines do I edit so that D/P pokemon backsprites fit in the game properly without any errors? I cant seem to find the line.
What do you mean? Do they not work properly at the moment?

If you're talking about the size of the sprites, then it's a bit tougher to fix. Diamond/Pearl sprites are larger than the default sprites, and using them as is (even if you fix their positions) will just result in really large sprites all over the place (in some cases, they simply won't fit where they're supposed to).

You can either resize your Diamond/Pearl sprites or change the dimensions of your game (which would involve changing pretty much every other sprite, assuming you wanted the same relative sizes of things). A tough job either way.

In Pokemon Essentials, a script can be created to determine a switch in order to show shiny pokemon.
example:
Code:
  Events.onWildPokemonCreate+=proc {|sender,e|
  pokemon=e[0]
  if $game_switches[50]
    pokemon.makeShiny
  end
}
How could I edit this code to make the switch determine which picture (change in Pokemon form) is used for a specific Pokemon (such as origin form for Giratina when the switch is activated)?
So you want to force all pokémon encountered while the switch is on to be shiny? Or rather, you want to apply this to deciding what Giratina looks like.

It's quite simple, conceptually, and I don't think it should even need the code. All you need to do is turn the switch on and off (in an event), and where it loads the pokémon sprite to display (during battle, in the party screen and maybe some other places), extend it a bit to include something like:

Code:
if thispokemon==GIRATINA && switch[96]==TRUE
  load Giratina's alternate sprite
  else
  load regular sprite (this applies to all pokémon sprites, not just Giratina's normal one
end
I'm no code-wizard, but I'd imagine that's the basic idea. This will need to be done in several places (wherever sprites are loaded where you want Giratina's appearance to change - the PokéDex may not need this or a similar change).

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
It's quite simple, conceptually, and I don't think it should even need the code. All you need to do is turn the switch on and off (in an event), and where it loads the pokémon sprite to display (during battle, in the party screen and maybe some other places), extend it a bit to include something like:

Code:
if thispokemon==GIRATINA && switch[96]==TRUE
  load Giratina's alternate sprite
  else
  load regular sprite (this applies to all pokémon sprites, not just Giratina's normal one
end
I'm no code-wizard, ufff....it takes me days to figure out a certain script...but i'm progressing in learningbut I'd imagine that's the basic idea. This will need to be done in several places (wherever sprites are loaded where you want Giratina's appearance to change - the PokéDex may not need this or a similar change).

I've done that using the pbSpecies function instead of thispokemon and it always returns a syntax error. Basically what I'm trying to do is that when Giratina is outside the torn world, it is in Another Form, but when it's inside it is in Origin Form. I'm only able to do the script of the form changing depending on the values of the pokemon, and it works. But i want to do it with a switch as the main trigger.

PS. Switch 96 is exactly the switch i'm using for the torn world :D

UPDATE: I eddited the script a bit and it loads the image on the script, but loads it as a separate image, it doesn't replace the original one.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Can someone explain why I get this during leveling up?

Exception: NameError
PokemonItems:11:in `pbTopRightWindow'
PokeBattle_ActualScene:2451:in `pbLevelUp'
PokeBattle_Battle:2174:in `pbGainEXP'
PokeBattle_Battle:2154:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battle:2190:in `pbGainEXP'
PokeBattle_Battle:2072:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:2072:in `pbGainEXP'
PokeBattle_Battle:2039:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:2039:in `pbGainEXP'
PokeBattle_Battler:1494:in `pbUseMove'

Maruno

Years
I've done that using the pbSpecies function instead of thispokemon and it always returns a syntax error. Basically what I'm trying to do is that when Giratina is outside the torn world, it is in Another Form, but when it's inside it is in Origin Form. I'm only able to do the script of the form changing depending on the values of the pokemon, and it works. But i want to do it with a switch as the main trigger.

PS. Switch 96 is exactly the switch i'm using for the torn world :D

UPDATE: I eddited the script a bit and it loads the image on the script, but loads it as a separate image, it doesn't replace the original one.
You have to find all instances of the pokémon sprite being loaded, and replace them. I haven't gotten around to fiddling with the battle scene yet, but I know that the Bag at least loads its pictures twice: once at the start and once whenever it's refreshed (i.e. select a different item/pocket). The Battle scene may do the same thing.

And remember that the battle scripts are spread out in several sections ("PokeBattle_"), so check them all. And you'll want to change the sprite in the Pokémon Summary page too (i.e. in your party).

If all you want is for Giratina to change only while it's in the Torn World, then you can forego having the switch and say something like "if pbSpecies==GIRATINA && map.id==70". This will change the sprite only while you're in map number 70 (or whatever map(s) you've put the Torn World in). This isn't necessarily a better way to do things, though; it's just a different way.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
If you edit the terrain tags in the editor do you still have to edit them in the database?
How can you delete all of a species from your party?
How can you delete the first one of a species from your party?
How can you delete the last one of a species?

I anyone can answer any of these questions it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

delyemerald2

Crytalic Empoleon
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2022
I need information about the parameters of the Triple Triad. Also, how can you make a duel that if you win a variable will increase and if you lose it will decrease or there will happen nothing?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Thanks for the help Maruno, but I've already figured the script out. I'm posting it for anyone that wants to use it. The script supports shiny Giratina in all forms and changes Giratina back to Another Form if the Torn World switch is deactivated.
Put this script in PokemonUtilities in the def pbLoadSpeciesBitmap
Code:
# Giratina form changing script by DragoChamp
elsif isConst?(species,PBSpecies,:GIRATINA)
   d=if $game_switches[[B][COLOR=blue]96[/COLOR][/B]]==true
   begin
    # Load Origin Form bitmap if found
    # Rename the Origin Form images to 487origin (normal), 487sorigin (shiny), 487borigin (back), 487sborigin (shiny back)
    return BitmapCache.load_bitmap(
      sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s%sorigin.png",species,
       pokemon.isShiny? ? "s" : "",
       back ? "b" : "", d)
    )
    rescue
    # Load plain bitmap as usual (see below)
   end
  end
Change the number in blue to any number to define the control switch used for the event.
I'll be making scripts like this for other Pokemon with forms and will soon make a script which animates pokemon when they are sent out into the battle. I might also do this for trainers but that's not guaranteed.

Last edited:

delyemerald2

Crytalic Empoleon
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2022
Good to show the script. With the same script you can make forme changes for other Pokemon as well!

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2013
Hey I am working on a game, Pokemon Tanzites. In the game a feature called showoff is set to appear. Showoff is a place where breeders can come to showoff their pokemon. I need some help with this script.
It should proably be simple not even show off I need a script.
I am planning on it going like this.
-You walk in and talk to the counter person.,
-The pokemon selection screen comes up, choose a pokemon.
-(Now I assume that beauty is but in, am I right)
- Then each contestant will come up and show off their pokemon.
(new int var, a vaule will be stored each time a vaule is higher than the current one)
(the vaules will be predetermined + rand(5)

So what I need help with is how you choose your pokemon and how to make use the pokemons beauty to be stored in a variable and added with a random number.

Maruno

Years
I'm having a bit of trouble with the scripting. I'm trying to change the space between entries in a list to 38 pixels (currently 32), and it's causing a bit of trouble. I'm referring to the PokéDex here, by the way.

My designs work great for nine entries visible at once. And I've changed a bunch of "32"s into "38"s in the scripts so that they appear like in the attached picture. However, it seems the the extra 6 pixels cumulate (to about 50-something), which is enough space for one extra entry. The problem is, it's displayed outside the viewing window (denoted by the big red box) - anything outside the viewing window isn't displayed (I drew in entry number 15 myself to show where it would be if it could be seen).

When scrolling down the list, I get to the bottom visible entry, press down, the invisible entry is selected, I press down again, and the list is bumped.

What I'm saying is, I think the underlying list still thinks each entry is 32 pixels high, and therefore it decides it can fit 10 entries on-screen at once. But because I've changed how it displays the entries (+38 pixels between each entry) only 9 entries can be fit into the viewing window, with the tenth forced to sit outside below it (thus it can't be displayed). Resizing the viewing window doesn't help - there's still that one extra entry below it.

I hope I worded that well enough. Any ideas?

delyemerald2

Crytalic Empoleon
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2022
Well, or you should make those slots with the names smaller or you should change the whole widthxlength of the screen.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2009
Nombre del rival

¿Como poner el nombre del rival y que te aparezca despues en un evento?

Se que se hace con estos scripts

$game_variables[25]=
pbEnterText("Rival's name?",1,7,"Gary")
y poniendo esto en el pokemonTrainers entre la linea 14 y 16

if trainerid==PBTrainers::RIVAL && trainername=="???"
name=$game_variables[25] # Replace 25 with the variable number for the name
end

Pero no me sale algo tengo que estar haciendo mal. Supongo que sera algo de la variable o que veis vosotros

Maruno

Years
Well, or you should make those slots with the names smaller or you should change the whole widthxlength of the screen.
I said that if I change the length of the viewport the list is in, there is still an extra entry that goes below it. The problem is because I've added 6 pixels to the height of each entry, and I want to keep it that way if possible.

Hey, I tried to download the Starter kit, and I can't click on the link, well I can get to the site, but I can't acess the download. Whats up???
You're doing it wrong. This is the page you're looking at, right?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Can someone explain why I get this during leveling up?

Exception: NameError
PokemonItems:11:in `pbTopRightWindow'
PokeBattle_ActualScene:2451:in `pbLevelUp'
PokeBattle_Battle:2174:in `pbGainEXP'
PokeBattle_Battle:2154:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battle:2190:in `pbGainEXP'
PokeBattle_Battle:2072:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:2072:in `pbGainEXP'
PokeBattle_Battle:2039:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:2039:in `pbGainEXP'
PokeBattle_Battler:1494:in `pbUseMove'
^^^^Has anyone else received this error?^^^^^

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2009
put the name of the opponent

How to put the name of the opponent and then you appear at an event?

It is done with these scripts

$ game_variables [25] =
pbEnterText (Opponent's name? "1.7," Gary ")
and putting it in line pokemonTrainers between 14 and 16

if == PBTrainers drifter:: RIVAL & trainername =="???"
name = $ game_variables [25] # 25 Replace with the name for the variable number
end

But do not leave me I have to be doing something wrong. I guess that will be of variable or something that you see
Edit / Delete Message

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Just a small question: I'm switching the experience points etc. of the Pokémon summary to the first screen a la D/P. I've looked it over and over, but I don't know which part will switch over the blue experience bar. I've switched over the numbers and what have you, but I can't find the coding for the bar.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2017
Hi,
I am having trouble adding a trainer. I have read through notes.html and added the trainer via the editor and added a graphic in Characters called trainer083.png. I keep getting a prompt saying the trainer doesn't exist ane if I want to add it now.

Here is the entry in trainernames.txt:

83,TEAMROCKET,TEAM ROCKET,40,,,,Mixed

Here is the entry in trainers.txt:

#-------------------
TEAMROCKET
Jessie & James
EKANS,10,10,,WRAP,LEER,POISONSTING
KOFFING,10,10,,POISONGAS,TACKLE,SMOG
MEOWTH,10,10,,SCRATCH,GROWL

This is the code I am trying to use:

Comment: BATTLE: Battle me now!
Comment: Type: TEAMROCKET
Comment: Name: Jessie _James
Comment: EndSpeech: A very good battle, indeed.
Script: pbTrainerIntro(:TEAMROCKET)
Script: Kernal.pbNoticePlayer(get_character(0))
Text: Battle me now!
Script: Kernal.pbTrainerCheck: (PBTrainers::TEAMROCKET,"Jessie _James",5,0)
Script: pbTrainerEnd

Please help me with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back