• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Yea guys thats right, no 4th+ gen Pokemon. It clearly states it in the FAQ...

linkandzelda

Years
The next version will be much harder by default. The game is too long to have an X version you see so i thought i would just make it like semi X version.

Years
Actually I believe an X version is possible, I've played Pokemon Spirit Gold by Drayano60 and I believe Kanto was as high as the 60's, so if you were to make a hard version the Orange Islands could be in the 70's or 80's. Would you mind if I made a complete X version for the next beta? It would be hard, but that's the whole point of it. Red for example would have his Pokemon in the 80's if you wanted to know. :O

linkandzelda

Years
Actually I believe an X version is possible, I've played Pokemon Spirit Gold by Drayano60 and I believe Kanto was as high as the 60's, so if you were to make a hard version the Orange Islands could be in the 70's or 80's. Would you mind if I made a complete X version for the next beta? It would be hard, but that's the whole point of it. Red for example would have his Pokemon in the 80's if you wanted to know. :O

You can give it a go but to give you an idea of how hard beta 3.1 is, falkner has a level 13 and level 15 instead of 9 and 11. Some levels have gone up as much as 10 or more in certain areas. Below is a rough level range for the 3 regions:

Johto: 0 - 55
Kanto: 50 - 75
Orange Islands: 70 - 100

So you can see it might be tough to fit in an X version but if you can do it, i'll gladly accept it.

Link

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 3, 2013
I really enjoyed playing this hack. I am stuck though. I got the clear from Prof. OAK to go to mount silver, but I make it to the summit and there is this mr.H i think and he talks about the elite four. What should I do?

Also, you should update the world map a bit. Make it so that when you are in olivine city it shows the johto map... lol. There are a few places that show the wrong world map, but yeah. You also should edit the kanto map so that it connects to the johto map.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
You can give it a go but to give you an idea of how hard beta 3.1 is, falkner has a level 13 and level 15 instead of 9 and 11. Some levels have gone up as much as 10 or more in certain areas. Below is a rough level range for the 3 regions:

Johto: 0 - 55
Kanto: 50 - 75
Orange Islands: 70 - 100

So you can see it might be tough to fit in an X version but if you can do it, i'll gladly accept it.

Link

With those levels, an X-version will be sort of useless. :3
Are you going to edit people's lineups though? I found the original Johto Gym leaders had horrible lineups with bad movesets.

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2012
Ive just been outside of mt.silver and i found entei in grass, but he got away, and when i was searching the grass for 5 sec more, I found raikou in the same grass as i found entei (bad english ).

cant wait for beta 3.1 to come

whats with the egg that i got in blackthorn city from some guy, he said he found it in ice patch or whats that cave called. i made like 20000 steps already and it still says: it looks like this EGG will take a long time to hatch. anyone knows which pokemon is in that EGG?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2013
Guys, what do I do after defeating elite 4? It doesn't save. :|

Unfortunately you can't go on and you HAVE TO restart your game. :(
What you should do now is delete your .SAV file, then change your save type by: VBA > Options > Emulator > Flash 128k.

Please read Hiroshi Sotomura's FAQ sticky before playing a hack.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Unfortunately you can't go on and you HAVE TO restart your game. :(
What you should do now is delete your .SAV file, then change your save type by: VBA > Options > Emulator > Flash 128k.

Please read Hiroshi Sotomura's FAQ sticky before playing a hack.

Hi people!!! This is my first post and im doing it to help all those who have problems with their save type, especially in Pokemon and Golden Sun.
Many of you know that Pokemon cannot work with 64k flash saves, you have to use 128k in order for the save to work. But many still play in 64k and therefore use save states instead of battery saves (.sav files). Then you reach Gary or the Elite 4 or watever the name (I dont personnaly play pokemon, and never reached those final fights) and after you beat them, it says ur save is corrupted and will be erased... You're doom... Now u have to start from the beginning... Well not really. Here is wat to do to ''convert'' ur save state into a working battery save:
1) Keep ur save state.
2) Delete your battery file.
3) Start a new game.
4) Save in game a soon as u can (after choosing ur name and the prof.speech).
5) Close the rom and check if the battery save weights 128kB.
6) Open the game and load ur save (the working battery one, not the save state).
7) Load ur save state AND PUT THE SAVE TYPE BACK INTO 128K Flash!!! Indeed the save state loads also the emulator config.
8) Save in game.
Voila!!! It should work, it worked for me... My cousin had to put it in 128k, then 64k, then back in 128k, dunno why...
For Golden Sun its the exact opposite. Dont u dare to forget this vba-over.ini file. And youd better configure the vba-over file AFTER ur save have been repeared.
Good luck, if it doesnt work, answer this post, ill try my best.

And i read this solution on this forum once, but it was like 2years ago, and i cant find it back, so credits go to the guy who thought of that in the first place. I just hope my english is good enough to be understood, it should but i rarely speak english, so forgive any weird mistakes.

http://forums.ngemu.com/visualboy-advance-discussion/81922-how-convert-64k-128k.html

Google is your friend. :)

Last edited:

ipatix

Sound Expert
Years
Will the volume of the hacked songs be fixed in the next beta?

Because the hacked songs' volume is much higher than the regular songs which doesn't sounds really good...

PS: still something really diffreant: The romheader seems to be damaged.
I had to paste in the original romheader at your hack to make the game work on the gpSP emulator...

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Years
With those levels, an X-version will be sort of useless. :3
Are you going to edit people's lineups though? I found the original Johto Gym leaders had horrible lineups with bad movesets.

Well i didnt plan on changing the lineups. Its part of GSC feeling ya know. Ive changed quite a few things already.

Will the volume of the hacked songs be fixed in the next beta?

Because the hacked songs' volume is much higher than the regular songs which doesn't sounds really good...

PS: still something really diffreant: The romheader seems to be damaged.
I had to paste in the original romheader at your hack to make the game work on the gpSP emulator...

Yea i will auto level the music throughout all songs.

UPDATE:
Been really busy lately so haven't got much progress on LC. I'm still testing but i've got 8 badges now :)
Also heres what to expect in the next version.

* Updated maps - bigger, better, beautiful.
* New music - over 10 new tracks added
* New areas - things that were not in the original, surfing, caves etc
* Playable up to the end of Valencia Island - no more than valencia yet
* Bugs and Glitches fixed - tons, over 200 small things fixed so far!
* New Legendary locations - yep, the last ones were far too easy and boring
* Raised Pokemon levels - Harder, and more ranged out
* Partial Compatibility with non-vba emulators - Things like Android, iPhone and PSP emulators!
* And a ton more!

So there you go just a small update for now.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
whats with the egg that i got in blackthorn city from some guy, he said he found it in ice patch or whats that cave called. i made like 20000 steps already and it still says: it looks like this EGG will take a long time to hatch. anyone knows which pokemon is in that EGG?
If I remember correctly then that egg is part of event so it won't hatch...

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2011
* Partial Compatibility with non-vba emulators - Things like Android, iPhone and PSP emulators!

Hi !
I registered to answer in this thread !

What do you mean by compatibility ? Because I patched the game on a macintosh to play it on my androïd phone with GameBoid Emu and... everything works perfectly ! :surprised:

More seriously , thank you for this Hack ! I'm looking at this thread everyday to heck for the new beta!

linkandzelda

Years
Well theres a number of events which didn't work like burnt tower and the lake of rage. I also created an extra bug which stopped users from receiving the correct amount of EXP after battle. Thats fixed now :)

Back