• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help & Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Also might be a good idea to talk to a professional.

Ehhhhh maybe. It's probably caused by me stressing over things too much, last night I may have been overthinking and not realizing it.

I was expecting a repeat of last night, to happen again tonight. But nothing happened. I probably won't have this anxiety by the end of next month when all is slowed down.

string555

Banned
Years
That's good and all, but like gimmepie said, you might want to seek professional help. If this turns out to be a reoccurring thing, it would be better to get the advice of someone who knows their stuff. Ultimately, the decision is up to you, but I would recommend it.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
That's good and all, but like gimmepie said, you might want to seek professional help. If this turns out to be a reoccurring thing, it would be better to get the advice of someone who knows their stuff. Ultimately, the decision is up to you, but I would recommend it.

I doubt I could even if I wanted. My mother would likely tell me "suck it up" or "you'll be fine, it's in your head." I still don't know how to drive, and I wouldn't have money to pay for a professional because I'm a broke high school student.

string555

Banned
Years
Obviously I don't know where you live, but there's lots of different kinds of medical insurance for those who receive low pay, or none at all. At the worst, you could bus it to one of these places.

Considering what you have experienced, would you really want to continue experiencing this, or bite the bullet and receive professional help? Again, it's all up to you.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Obviously I don't know where you live, but there's lots of different kinds of medical insurance for those who receive low pay, or none at all. At the worst, you could bus it to one of these places.

Considering what you have experienced, would you really want to continue experiencing this, or bite the bullet and receive professional help? Again, it's all up to you.

I can't just bus it around anywhere. I don't live in a city, and the public transportation here is terrible. Buses are infrequent, they don't cover every route, and we're moving next month, to a place which puts us even further from the public transport.

string555

Banned
Years
I can't guarantee this, so don't quote me on it. There may be a way through free medical insurance to give you access to public transportation. Again, don't quote me on this, but it may work out if you look into it. It seems worth a try, what do you have to lose through trying it?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I can't guarantee this, so don't quote me on it. There may be a way through free medical insurance to give you access to public transportation. Again, don't quote me on this, but it may work out if you look into it. It seems worth a try, what do you have to lose through trying it?

99% of the time, I'm okay. Which is why all I wanted was a quick solution. Immersing myself in things works well enough, all of this seems worse than what I'm dealing with. If it ever got to the point where it was happening throughout the day and I couldn't function, I would go through with this, but I don't see it getting to that.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Might seem simple, but keeping a consistent schedule helps me. If I stay up too late, a lot of times I'll lie awake worrying about losing sleep and I lose more sleep doing that. So what I've done is set a notice to go off on my computer when it's getting close to the time I typically go to bed so I can wrap up what I'm doing and be in bed at the same time every night (usually right at midnight). Sometimes I stay up late anyway, but that's at my own discretion; it doesn't jump on me like it used to.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
This is a bit of a different situation

My neighbors have a huge dog, and she's scary. One second she was being friendly, the next she was at my neck gritting her teeth. I love visiting, but get a bad feeling from the dog.

I could ask them to keep them to keep her locked in a room while I'm over, but it's a little embarrassing being afraid of their dog. They told me she'll get used to being around me, but I feel like she could turn at any second.

string555

Banned
Years
This is a bit of a different situation

My neighbors have a huge dog, and she's scary. One second she was being friendly, the next she was at my neck gritting her teeth. I love visiting, but get a bad feeling from the dog.

I could ask them to keep them to keep her locked in a room while I'm over, but it's a little embarrassing being afraid of their dog. They told me she'll get used to being around me, but I feel like she could turn at any second.

Maybe try bringing treats to give to the dog. My boss brings his dog to work just about every day, he's also a big dog. The UPS man that drops stuff off always brings treats to give to him, and even though he was a stranger, he now happily runs out the him every time he delivers. That might work out well, it seems worth a try.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Maybe try bringing treats to give to the dog. My boss brings his dog to work just about every day, he's also a big dog. The UPS man that drops stuff off always brings treats to give to him, and even though he was a stranger, he now happily runs out the him every time he delivers. That might work out well, it seems worth a try.

The dog was already friendly towards me without any treats, her mood instantly turned for no reason.

Anyways, my mother told me to stay away from her. She went near the dog, and said it might have something wrong with it. I'll just tell them to keep the dog locked when I'm around, I've thought about it, and it's not worth getting killed over.

Apparently the dog was abused by a crazy guy, and she could be traumatized. It's sad.

string555

Banned
Years
The dog was already friendly towards me without any treats, her mood instantly turned for no reason.

Anyways, my mother told me to stay away from her. She went near the dog, and said it might have something wrong with it. I'll just tell them to keep the dog locked when I'm around, I've thought about it, and it's not worth getting killed over.

Apparently the dog was abused by a crazy guy, and she could be traumatized. It's sad.

I see, that's a different story then. Maybe the dog thinks some part of you is similar to it's abuser. Or because of the abuse, it has some mental health issues which makes it think it sees that in you. Either way, I think you made the right call.

Pure Essence

Reverb, Resound, and Repeat!
Years
One word. School. I just got back from Michigan and I'm behind like mad. I don't feel like I can work, I feel dizzy and tired, and I don't think I can do my schoolwork. I usually need at least a little time to adjust to normal before school, but I had a stressful time in Michigan and I got home yesterday night. I have stuff I want to do, like play Overwatch again. I need to do my school, but I don't feel up to it. What should I do? (My school is a virtual one. I can do lessons whenever I want as long as I get them done.)

string555

Banned
Years
One word. School. I just got back from Michigan and I'm behind like mad. I don't feel like I can work, I feel dizzy and tired, and I don't think I can do my schoolwork. I usually need at least a little time to adjust to normal before school, but I had a stressful time in Michigan and I got home yesterday night. I have stuff I want to do, like play Overwatch again. I need to do my school, but I don't feel up to it. What should I do? (My school is a virtual one. I can do lessons whenever I want as long as I get them done.)

The more you get behind, the more difficult it will be to jump back into it. Maybe try setting up a system where if you work on it for say 2 hours, then and only then can you mess around with other stuff for the day. That way you are giving yourself reward for getting the work done. If you continue this system for a while, you will develop positive reinforcement for doing the work, and then doing it in the future will become easier.

Pure Essence

Years
So there's an issue I have. The forums I was on before this, the Bulbagarden Forums, have staff that have become more abusive ever since the Section Head title was taken away. As for me, they banned me for a meme that I put a warning on saying it could offend people because, well, it could offend people. Then today they banned me AGAIN for saying they're abusive. That's what I assume at least since I can't access my inbox to see why I was banned!

string555

Banned
Years
I'm not really sure what you could do there, except proxy and make a new account using a different style so nobody knows it's you.

OR completely integrate into PC and forget about those people. I don't think any mod here would ever ban you for calling them 'abusive', and they aren't abusive anyway so I see no reason why you would ever need to say that. :P

Pure Essence

Years
Well, I tried the first option and somehow the head admin (Yes, they want to make it so that no staff member has more influence then another and they keep rankings...) found out it was me. I tried to play it off as I was someone else who was sent this email address by AP/me...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back