Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central | Pokkén

Draconius GO

Old February 12th, 2014 (2:06 PM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Everlark View Post
    So I hit my seed twice this morning, one of which was my target. FINALLY. But then I realized it didn't have its hidden ability. I was dumb and used a male HA parent. Look what gen VI has done to me.

So I swap the parent with a female HA parent, no problem. Same IVs and all so I just use the same seed and I try that about three times and can't hit it. Search for new seeds and can't hit these either. I don't know WHAT I did differently this morning that got me to hit them, but I can't do it now. I honestly don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong and this is getting really annoying. About to throw my DS out the window.
    It is likely your Timer0 is trolling you. While Timer0 is not "as much" of an issue in B/W as it is in B2/W2, it can still be a variable that you have no control over. Double check your calibration and if you are finding that you are hitting a different Timer0 more consistently then you may want to search seeds based on that one.

I had a Timer0 issue earlier. Use the adjacent seed tool to see what seed you actually hit. (You'll need to verify IVs first).

Relevant Advertising!

Old February 12th, 2014 (2:25 PM). Edited February 12th, 2014 by Sydian.
    i'm a shapeshifter
    • Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid
    I'll try that next time I give it another go. I never had this bad of a problem with it back when I RNGed more often. Game hates me now wahhhh.

edit: Alright, where do I do that in PPRNG? I got my Mac when I was winding down on RNGing the first time, so I never got a lot of experience with it til now. lol

challenges | klippy
    Old February 12th, 2014 (3:54 PM). Edited February 12th, 2014 by RingoH.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Everlark View Post
      I'll try that next time I give it another go. I never had this bad of a problem with it back when I RNGed more often. Game hates me now wahhhh.

edit: Alright, where do I do that in PPRNG? I got my Mac when I was winding down on RNGing the first time, so I never got a lot of experience with it til now. lol
      Despite having a Mac, I prefer to RNG sitting on the floor with my laptp, which is a PC.... so I have never touched PPRNG (even though I hear it's better than RNG Reporter... haha).

So I can't help you much with the software in particular... But I will say that B2/W2 even with the changing Timer0 value is friendlier than Gen III(with it's long waits) or Gen IV (with it's delay). B2/W2 I often would get a dozen or more RNG's on the first try then suddenly my Timer0 would act up and I would go an hour of soft resetting without getting what I wanted.

Right now I'm trying to get an all IVs at 30 Ditto out of a Grotto.... I got Ditto to fill the Grotto on the third try, but I'm on my sixth try of hitting my seed for my IVs.

Keep trying, and best of luck. I'll look forward to hearing about your RNG project when you catch it.

EDIT:
      Soooo..... After only three more tries I now have an all 30 Ditto. *happy dance*
      Old February 13th, 2014 (1:11 PM).
      Banned

Nature: Sassy
        Nice work everyone and good luck Syd! Hopefully this bby can help encourage you.

Juli♥ ♀ Lv. 1 ★
        OT: Ginny | ID: 51120
        Nature: Relaxed
        Ability: Anticipation
        IVs: 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 0 Ice 64
        EVs: Untrained
        Moves: Helping Hand, Wish, Covet, Hyper Voice
        Non-Redis

:D
        Old February 13th, 2014 (1:14 PM).
        i'm a shapeshifter
        • Crystal Tier

Egg RNG in BW is like...the easiest, only behind Wonder Card. It shouldn't be taking this long. I managed to hit my seed last night and I was so happy. I was only four off my target. So I tried again and didn't hit my seed at all. Same with the other seven tries afterward. Ugh. Should have just saved that shiny one even though it wasn't my target. It's still a pretty shiny. ~_~

challenges | klippy
        Old February 16th, 2014 (11:01 AM). Edited February 17th, 2014 by RingoH.

Just venting.... TimerO SUCKS!!!

Friday I started to RNG on B2 again. I had two successful Grotto RNGs(which for those that know... it's like RNGing TWICE for each one... you RNG to fill the grotto, save, then RNG again to create the IV's).

Then Saturday I went to continue my Dream Radar abuses. I want to do all myt legendaries, but as it has been awhile I was practicing on some regular ones. I tried for HOURS yesterday. Until the battery ran dead! When I kept hitting the wrong one (but always hitting the same one over and over) I decided to use a different Timer0 that I know I hit a lot. And had the same issue again after. ARRRGGHHH!!!!!

EDIT: QUESTION:
          Ok, I gave up a little on the B2 RNGs to try to RNG my Magikarp from the guy on the bridge in Black. This should be a normal gift Pokemon, right? Or does talking to him advance the IVs more? Not only am I not hitting my seed, but when I try to use adjacent seeds I am not able to find the seed that I did hit, which made me wonder if I was somehow advancing the IV frames more than I expected(by a lot maybe?)

Any advice would be super appreciated. I've been trying for two hours. Even double checked my calibration.
          I know almost all of you who have done B2/W2 know what I mean.
          Old February 17th, 2014 (7:21 PM).
          i'm a shapeshifter
          • Crystal Tier

I haven't done B2W2 RNG yet...looking to avoid it after reading all that. :P As far as my Zigzagoon goes, I've given up on it for now. I'll try again later when I have more time to spare.

challenges | klippy
          Old February 17th, 2014 (7:38 PM).
          • Crystal Tier

B2W2 RNG is annoying yes. Some days though I can hit every timer0 first try and RNG is a breeze. Other days I can't hit my timer0 or frame for the life of me. It's all luck! D:

@RingoH I'm not sure about that one. Is there WNPCs around that area that could be advancing the frames?
          Old February 18th, 2014 (4:20 AM). Edited February 18th, 2014 by RingoH.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by EV♥ View Post
            B2W2 RNG is annoying yes. Some days though I can hit every timer0 first try and RNG is a breeze. Other days I can't hit my timer0 or frame for the life of me. It's all luck! D:

@RingoH I'm not sure about that one. Is there WNPCs around that area that could be advancing the frames?
            EV, thanks for the suggestion. However, no wandering NPC's. It is on the Marvelous Bridge near Black City. There is a stationary NPC at one end of the bridge, and another at the opposite end of the bridge(which is the Magikarp Salesman). I saved right in front of the Magikarp salesman so once I enter the game I can talk to him right away. I have an empty slot in my party so I can look at it's stats right away. Since I am saved right in front of him I am not walking or turning at all so I am not in danger of advancing frames due to having walked with Pokemon in my party.

Gift Pokemon ARE on Frame 8 right? I forgot to mention the spread I am trying to hit is right on frame 8 so I am not trying to advance the IV frame AT ALL, as my own advancements would have been my second guess after thinking it's just Timer0 issues.

EDIT: Adding to my post so that I do not create a double post:

Sooooo..... I found out what I was doing wrong with my Magikarp RNG. Did anyone else know that the silly fish you buy from the guy on the bridge is locked to always have a perfect speed? Only took hitting the correct spread about a dozen times but with the speed perfect(which made it look like the wrong spread) for me to realize. ARGGHHH! Of course BEFORE that I had done calibration all over again thinking for some reason that might help(and of course getting the same results as I had before).

*groan*

I ended up having to breed it in the daycare. While breeding in B/W isn't the end of the world, I just do not like doing it. But after I found a decent seed three tries later I got what I was after.

So here is the little lady that caused me sooo much grief:

#129 Magikarp ♀ (level 1)
            OT: RUSH ♀ (Black, 2112/24292)
            Impish - Rattled - 0/0/0/0/0/0 - Untrained
            Splash - *** - *** - ***

AND, here is my newest Ditto I had caught over the weekend.

#132 Ditto ♁ (level 45)
            OT: RINGO ♂ (Black 2, 53077/12320)
            Hasty - Imposter - 30/30/30/30/30/30 - Untrained
            Transform - *** - *** - ***

Sending both of those forward via bank. Will both be VERY helpful for me. :-)
            Old February 19th, 2014 (3:54 PM).
            This is a Sailor's Prayer
            • Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
            That's a very nice Karp my friend

I recently ID abused my spare White cart so I could try and RNG Thundurus on it. The spread I've abused for is 31/2/30/31/31/31 for HP Ice 70. Sadly I haven't had the time to actually playthrough much of the game, cause of school and work

While I am playing through it though, i've been making myself RNG a few things that I hadn't done up to this point(mainly because once I RNG my Thundy, I'm gonna retire from Gen V RNG and pick up Gen IV/Gen III some more). I managed to RNG a shiny Snivy as my starter and also picked myself up a shiny Panpour along the way!

I've also been doing a little bit of RNG on Gen III recently. Nothing real big, because all I can manage to do so far is just abuse my IDs! XD I haven't found a way to find a seed from RNG reporter so I can't find out where exactly i'm going wrong when i'm trying to abuse for a shiny starter >.< But, once I get the time to sit down and do a lot of research about it, it shouldn't be too bad.

As long as these struggles are aimless, we will all be standing still.
            Trade Thread3DS FCPair
            Old February 21st, 2014 (7:17 PM).

Special catch project I did for someone here. But quite proud so I'm sharing(i.e. Bragging).

#132 BERY ALIEN (Ditto) ♁ (level 45)
              OT: RINGO ♂ (Black 2, 53077/12320)
              Hasty - Imposter - 31/31/31/31/31/0 - Untrained
              Hidden Power - Ice
              Transform - *** - *** - ***

I was actually aiming for a Sassy Nature so that it could have a hindering nature for Speed, but I advanced too many Chatots and landed on Hasty.... Which amused me a little, and Timer0 has been so finicky for me that I did not dare reset and try again.
              Old February 22nd, 2014 (1:46 AM).
              the day was mine
              • Crystal Tier

I have not been able to hit my delay in SS. I tried for 3 hours straight, literally and nothing, nada, zero. It was so discouraging. I guess i'll try again tomorrow, any tips?

and i will love to see that day
              that day is mine
              when she will marry me outside with the willow trees

Old February 22nd, 2014 (4:31 AM).
              Banned

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Omicron View Post
                I have not been able to hit my delay in SS. :( I tried for 3 hours straight, literally and nothing, nada, zero. It was so discouraging. I guess i'll try again tomorrow, any tips?
                Do you use audio cues? I usually find that really helps me.
                Old February 23rd, 2014 (12:48 PM).
                the day was mine
                • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                Originally Posted by CC View Post
                Do you use audio cues? I usually find that really helps me.
                Yes I do. I keep hitting -2 off my delay >.< . It is annoying, I've hit everything 6+/- from my delay, consistently hitting -2, except my delay.

and i will love to see that day
                that day is mine
                when she will marry me outside with the willow trees

Old February 23rd, 2014 (4:06 PM).
                Banned

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Omicron View Post
                  Yes I do. I keep hitting -2 off my delay >.< . It is annoying, I've hit everything 6+/- from my delay, consistently hitting -2, except my delay.
                  It takes time. You'll get it if you keep trying.
                  Old February 24th, 2014 (7:43 PM).

Took a break from my X/Y breeding projects to RNG this little lady:

#349 Feebas ♀ (level 10)
                    OT: EVNSTAR ♀ (White 2, 25278/29533)
                    Mild - Adaptability - 30/23/31/30/31/30 - Untrained
                    Splash - Mirror Coat - *** - ***

Entralink But in a Premier Ball specifically for transfering to X/Y to pass down both the ball and HA ability.
                    Old May 5th, 2014 (6:21 PM).
                    Collecting Events

Just want to ask about RNGing trainer IDs to be able to get nicknameable events. Would a Gen IV event still be nicknameable assuming I was able to get the same trainer ID and Secret ID in Gen V?In this case, an SMR2010 Jirachi, would it still be nicknameable if I transfer it to a Black with the same TID and SID as it?
                      Old May 6th, 2014 (1:04 PM).
                      Who?
                      • Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by shayminskyforme88 View Post
                      Just want to ask about RNGing trainer IDs to be able to get nicknameable events. Would a Gen IV event still be nicknameable assuming I was able to get the same trainer ID and Secret ID in Gen V?In this case, an SMR2010 Jirachi, would it still be nicknameable if I transfer it to a Black with the same TID and SID as it?
                      To be honest, I'm not sure, cross generation might not work. But if you do decided to test it out, do let us know because that'd be useful to know (in case anyone else wants to etc.)

3DS Friend Code
                      0946 2243 9665

Trade Reviews
                      Click Here
                      Old May 7th, 2014 (1:58 AM). Edited May 7th, 2014 by shayminskyforme88.
                      Collecting Events

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
                        To be honest, I'm not sure, cross generation might not work. But if you do decided to test it out, do let us know because that'd be useful to know (in case anyone else wants to etc.)
                        I'll test it out. Another question, for example, someone got a Meloetta from Gamestop with a White game. I have a Black game with the same TID SID, will it still be nicknamable? Also are nicknamed events transferrable to Gen VI?
                        Old May 7th, 2014 (8:08 AM).
                        Who?
                        • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                        I'll test it out. Another question, for example, someone got a Meloetta from Gamestop with a White game. I have a Black game with the same TID SID, will it still be nicknamable? Also are nicknamed events transferrable to Gen VI?
                        See problem is, I've never done any nicknaming of events on my own so I'm too sure honestly. But my best guess is that it should work, because let's be honest, Bank's hack check only works on something that is massively hacked like a Pokemon without a location at all.

3DS Friend Code
                        0946 2243 9665

Trade Reviews
                        Click Here
                        Old May 7th, 2014 (9:12 PM). Edited May 7th, 2014 by tabor62.
                        Collecting Events

Quote:
                          See problem is, I've never done any nicknaming of events on my own so I'm too sure honestly. But my best guess is that it should work, because let's be honest, Bank's hack check only works on something that is massively hacked like a Pokemon without a location at all.
                          Ok, thanks for your response :) I have successfully restarted my second copy of Black and RNGed it to have the TID and SID of the American SMR2010 Jirachi. I'll be rushing through the game until I get to Castelia then I'll post what happens.

EDIT:
                          Made it to Castelia. When I tried to nickname Jirachi, he said,"Hmmm. JIRACHI! That is truly impeccable nickname! Take good care of JIRACHI!"
                          Old May 7th, 2014 (9:59 PM).
                          Who?
                          • Crystal Tier

Aw D: That sucks. Guess you can only nickname them in the games you received them in >.

3DS Friend Code
                          0946 2243 9665

Trade Reviews
                          Click Here
                          Old May 10th, 2014 (1:16 AM). Edited May 10th, 2014 by tabor62.
                          Collecting Events

Quote:
                            Aw D: That sucks. Guess you can only nickname them in the games you received them in >.<
                            Yup, I guess that is the case :( I'll try it with the Modest Meloetta you traded me next. It's from a Black game I believe.

Was finally able to nickname tabor62's Meloetta

Aurora ♁ Lv. 50
                            OT: SPR2013 | ID: 03013
                            Nature: Modest
                            Ability: Serene Grace
                            IVs: 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31
                            EVs: Untrained
                            Moves: Round, Teeter Dance, Psychic, Close Combat
                            Old September 14th, 2014 (5:21 AM).
                            Collecting Events

Does anyone have the encounter slot table for Gen V? Since eggmove.com is down already
                              Old September 26th, 2014 (11:54 AM).
                              Who?
                              • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                              Does anyone have the encounter slot table for Gen V? Since eggmove.com is down already :(
                              You can find them here. Click on the "Slots" folder inside,
                              https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12206225/slot345.zip

3DS Friend Code
                              0946 2243 9665

Trade Reviews
                              Click Here

Quick Reply