• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga idols! (idol general chat!)

Years
So I ended up making a probably ill-advised purchase and committed to buying it since I found somewhere that was selling it to the West.

Congrats! (assuming it's not something you'll now have to skip meals over lol)
Do you know if there are plans to offer giant nesos of other girls? b/c Riko is literally everything... ?

Years
hnng @ don I shall def buy a Riko when it's out then
Just placed an order for some more Riko merch from my usual seller too, excited for when it comes in!!

Honestly, the best male idol game is Idolish7. I highly recommend that one as it's very story driven & the game is fully voiced

Just redownloaded this game yesterday actually haha. Only rank 19... but hope I stick with it this time around, the characters are cute even if I usually prefer female idols. Kinda hard to play such a story-driven game when you don't speak Japanese but alas, I am sure there are many fan translations available online.

Years
Sending you requests now Whitney ^^ Been really busy to actively play the games due to work, but I'm always grabbing the log in bonuses and doing events when I can. Probably going to spend cash once the 'use 2500 gems for guaranteed SSR' gachas come back lmao.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Sending you requests now Whitney ^^ Been really busy to actively play the games due to work, but I'm always grabbing the log in bonuses and doing events when I can. Probably going to spend cash once the 'use 2500 gems for guaranteed SSR' gachas come back lmao.

I saw that today and didn't think/read that it was paid jewels and got so sad :( i don't think I'm going to spend money on Million Live so rip

also guys idk where to put this but some dudes recognized me playing these games on the train today, which was pretty freakin' weird. I mean, I'm in Kyoto right now and the series is pretty popular so there's definitely people that are gonna know it, but still!

I was sitting down and they were standing and it was crowded so they were kinda standing "above" me and could see my screen. I was playing Theater Days and all of a sudden one dude notices and is talking about me and starts talking about Starlight Stage and which songs they liked (Nation Blue and Saite Jewel) and which idols (Fumika and a younger idol whose name I didn't get). They were talking in Japanese and since I'm white they probably assumed I didn't understand so they looked pretty surprised when I pulled up the homepage Starlight Stage and say (in Japanese) "I play it too! My favorite is Uzuki." one dude then responded "Uzuki is "very cute"" (the last 2 in English). i would have asked to add him but he said he played on his iPad at home, so I didn't bring it up :(

I've never really talked about anime much less idols out loud so it was like an out of body experience haha

Last edited:
Years
I'm sure I'll be tempted to spend at least once on the guaranteed SSR roll, but probably not for a while. Just got home from Christmas shopping so my wallet isn't exactly full of money lmao.

And aha that's pretty cool!! Would've been awesome if you added him. Can imagine how it'd feel to talk about idols irl, like you I've hardly spoken about anime much less idols. Did you feel any initial embarrassment? I'd have gotten a little startled at first. x'D

Years
aw bluh I hope you get one soon!! Some of the SSRs in that game are so pretty, especially Anya's...

I've started playing idolish7 more actively. Saw the first two anime episodes and am liking the characters a lot already. Still super low level but I'll get there eventually. =>

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I hope I do. I also still haven't gotten any 4*s in Bandori. I only really play for the redheads, and Hello Happy World, though... I pulled This Kanon and This Saaya in the 5 scout that was up at the time.

I guess I gotta be patient! (I'm also tiering in ENSIF rn but only so I can sell the SRs, sadly lol)

Last edited:
Years
good luck ^^ Bandori has good rates so I'm sure you'll get a 4* soon enough. And damn, tiering in EN and JP? Not sure how you do it considering how much time you already put into JPSIF events. So much dedication there! I play EN for a few weeks at a time and then only log in for rewards, since it feels a little boring to me to replay events that I've already done on JP (since EN is a few months behind).

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I did the free pulls in Deresute recently and still haven't gotten an SSR in Deresute....
Anyway everyone should take advantage of any free pulls our idol games are giving us atm!
Idolish7 is doing a lot, and I know Deresute did one...

Years
Aw still none? I hope you'll get one soon aaa =(

& I'm suddenly reminded of how quickly Aqours' 'retirement' is approaching. Feels like they just started yesterday. The next anime series after Sunshine's movie will most likely be focusing on PDP, but not having Aqours (and Riko, since she is far and away my favorite) as the focus will be a bit tough to adjust to for a while. I know both u's and Aqours will have focus in the PDP game which is awesome, but guh. Hopefully SIF will continue to be relevant.

edit: y'all have no clue how happy I am rn
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Honestly, Aqours has a very long while to go before they fade to nothing. And PDP is all individual girls who aren't in a group together. Muse didn't retire until 2016... and Muse lasted six years. I have faith that Aqours will also last six years. & SIF will probably always be relevant because that game makes a lot of money. If Side M and Side M Live on Stage can run simultaneously without shutting down the other server, then SIF and SIFAS can also run at the same time.

Last edited:
Years
I'm hoping Aqours will last as long as muse too, but PDP seems like it'll be an upgrade in terms of...everything, really, since you'll have an alternate universe with both Aqours and muse at the same age, plus a likely more modern layout and gameplay. SIF hasn't been modernized much in the last few years and still looks fairly outdated as far as visuals go imo. Regardless I'll continue playing both, but PDP seems like it'll be a lot more fresh and exciting. We shall see!

I've pulled like...four or five SSRs so far in the latest Cinfest in Deresute. it's such an exciting feeling <3

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I don't see PDP getting the next anime. IIRC they came exclusively from the Bushiroad side of things and not the Lantis side of the project.

They're getting solo songs, though, so maybe they will?

As for Love Live All Stars I still have no idea if I'll go about playing that one.
Btw, please watch the Idolish7 anime. It's really good.

Years
I've been watching i7! I like it a lot, and Momo is overall my favorite character so I'm super excited to see him. also Sougo and Tenn and Riku aa ~

There's a new girls idol series called Idol Infinity btw, here is their Twitter page and character information fan translations if anyone is interested. Absolutely adore the art! Not sure if it'll be a game or anime (or both) but I'll definitely check it out once more is published.

Back