• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Communitydex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
Here are some weird ideas..:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Spoiler:
Added as a new 'section'.
Spoiler:
Also added.

Well, thought it'd be easy but hell I was soooo wrong...
picture.php

It's really...really REALLY hard for me to come up with a Fire Bird concept that doesn't already look like Moltres or Ho-oh. @_@

Well, that...thing is the result, lol. A small bird on fire. Literally. ^^"

EDIT: And yes, the legs are meant to be like that - it's the design, I just thought it would be...unique. If you don't like it, change it lol. xD

I'll do the evo later.
Added!

I started to edit this sprite somewhat. Mostly to get the pose worked out to the standard facing-the-opponent angle. The headdress is very WIP (and should probably be erased if anyone wants to pick up where I left off).

5kn5zt.png
Addeday!

Name: Bambear
Type: Fighting
Pokedex: Bambear is constantly training itself in the wild to become stronger, it is also a popular pokemon, because of its appearance.
Abilities: Guts

Additional Info:

It's part of a 3-stage, Fighting Type Panda line? (Bipedal)
Basically, the first is just a cute, small panda with a belt on, the second, becoming taller and perhaps having a bamboo staff? The final stage is a Panda dressed in Samurai Armor, with a bamboo staff.
If you guys want names: Bambear, Bambash, Slamurai.
Added! :3

Now for some Ye Olde concepts, some of which predate R/S/E. Truth be told, they're not great. You need to stop me, now. I have too many of these.

Spoiler:

Wahey, lookit all them unfinished sprites! I have MS Paint doodles of those last four. Circa 2001. You don't want to see them.Also, I intended for anyone who did something with one of my concepts to write the Pokedex entry. Should I supply them for Kolibloom, Waspain and Kilnary, or...?

edit: To counter the torrent of old animal-based ideas I've rained upon the project, here are some new inanimate object-based ideas! Which is to say, here are some more ideas, which must be annoying by now.

Spoiler:
IDEA OVERLOAD!
Also:
Wobigon.png

Oceltot.png

Gourdine.png
Minkin.png

Added!

Here are some weird ideas..:
Spoiler:

Addedoodo!

phew, that was a lot of c+ping!

Years
I'll take on the challenge of a platypus fakemon. And I have some plans already...

Some clues: It's a blue egg laying mammal of action.
I'm not going to add it yet seeing as you've not really provided a proper concept yet.

Anyway, I've arranged all of the sprites/ideas into spoilers corresponding to the user who submitted them. If, however, it was a joint effort, then it will, funnily enough, go in the Joint Efforts spoiler n_n.

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
So, what happened to wimpike??

So heres wimpike's evo...

Name: Swampike
Type/s: Water
Pokédex Entry: It is the second largest pokemon, 2 inches behind wailord. It has a short temper. Scientists are unsure how wimpike evolves into this monster.
Ability/ies: Torrent/intimidate

Last edited:

~Wind~

Detective
Years
Um... I think wimpike already had an evolution :/
Anyways, Fisnished chanpuff stuf:

Normal:
2946rly.png
j0a4cl.png

Shiny:
2extpv6.png
2vtnlmd.png

I decided it is Normal/water type.
And it is the noodle pokemon.
I also made this:
6f0fw6.png

@SphericalIce:
I liked your sprite so much I couldn't throw it away, so I decided to give Chanpuff a prevo.
Unamed, the soup Pokemon.
What do you think?

Also on a final note, is the T-Rex a fossil poke or not?
If not, I think the other should be a grass/bug Dragonfly/Mosquito.
Both fossils could be wings :p

Years
Okay, ~Wind~, I'm going to be honest, your sprite is not too good, I'm afraid. It's far too large and lacks any kind of design. It's just a huge, blue circle. Even sprites with more detail, such as Jigglypuff, Cleffa and even Clefable are smaller...MUCH smaller than your sprite. The bowl is too small to be an obvious feature of the design and using a text tool in pixel art is not good at all. It may seem egotistic, but I think my sprite is better, only because it is more compacted, however it still is very plain, and this fakemon NEEDS some sort of design. Right now it is, frankly, a blue ball with a red bowl on it's head :/ Maybe some kind of pattern, perhaps a wavy yellow pattern around the face, representing noodles or something? Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not insulting you and not trying to be mean, but I'm afraid your sprite needs a bit of work n_n'

Years
OK I'll take the Cheetah.
Checub (cheetah + cub) make a better name if you want to
electric type
Description: Cheetah cub that is yellow and has black spots all around its body, has one stripe running across it's side that looks like lightning.
ability: volt absorb
Chetair (cheetah + tear)
electric type
Description: full grown cheetah that has multiple black spots and a couple of stripes that look like lighting.
ability: volt absorb

Oh and no, the T.Rex is not the fossil, let's make it the pseudo-legendary :3

Last edited:

~Wind~

Detective
Years
ok.
It is supposed to be biggish though.
About the size of a charmander.
Or charmeleon.
The thing about the plain design is that it is part normal type, and normals are generically plain.
I will keep editing it though.
(Do you like the cry I made? It's a few posts back.)

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
Um... I think wimpike already had an evolution :/
:p

Ok, and what would that be? As far as I know, wimpike has no evelution other than Swampike... If that's excepted. Also, Is my wimpike sprite excepted? My post has been skipped over several times. *cry*

Years
Name: Flamincula
Type: Ghost/Flying
Description: A grey flamingo, with stereotypical features of vampires (cloaks, fangs, etc.).
I like this concept, but I don't quite like what I was able to do with it.

2qbg4zm.png

I wanted to make some fang-like beak and coat tails for the back feathers. But I just can't seem to get past this point so I'm going to release it to the commons and to whomever wants to try to improve it.

Years
You've done a nice job so far, Scarf.
Spoiler:

You see the coat he's wearing, and how it goes up to his ears? Do you think it'd look good on Flamincula? (Btw feel free to change the name)

Years
I don't think Swampike should be 2 inches less than Wailord, I think it should be as big as Gyarados and Milotic ( i mean it IS the regions gyarados xD)

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
So I made a sprite for that. I must say, I like how it came out :).

14wdtg2.png

So, it may need some work on the fins. Feel free to tweak.

Also, more indepth on Wimpike, I think it should be the magikarp or feebas of this dex.. Like it's pathetic now, it evolves, big bang, look, now it PWNs everyone. I dunno, maybe it should evolve into a giant maniacal fish. I'll get onto that ;).

So heres wimpike's evo...

Name: Swampike
Type/s: Water
Pokédex Entry: It is a large pokemon, as big as gyarados. It has a short temper. Scientists are unsure how wimpike evolves into this monster.
Ability/ies: Torrent/intimidate

Just bringing this to the next page so ice doesn't have to travel into the previous pages to find them.

Years
I'll add Wimpike's sprite to the first post, though I think it's a tad small, especially in comparison to the rest of the sprites. Opinions?

Swampike has also been added.

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
I'll add Wimpike's sprite to the first post, though I think it's a tad small, especially in comparison to the rest of the sprites. Opinions?

Swampike has also been added.

Thanks!

Well, Wimpike is small because it's intended to be wimpy. Like totally hopeless. Of course, this is IMO, and the sprite can be edited.

Years
OK, I got the Cheetah done, and I edited the Yeti Crab. I didn't know how to make the fur, but I did my best. Feel free to edit it .
cheetahd.png
whatt.png

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
OK, I got the Cheetah done, and I edited the Yeti Crab. I didn't know how to make the fur, but I did my best. Feel free to edit it .
cheetahd.png
whatt.png

Yeah, the cheetah looks awesome. I cant wait for the evo. For the fur, maybe you should attempt a tanner, but still yellow color, and include more jagged and rough shading.., Sorta like dithering, but dithering in shapes... Gah I dunno how to explain it.

And SI, I dont see how to make Wimpike bigger, as pikes are meant to be narrow, and I think that making wimpike bigger would de-pike and de-wimp it. But agin this is IMO, and other people can do what they can to make it better, because I'm no the best of spriters :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back