• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you ever drop Pokemon in your team?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Have you ever dropped a member of your team for a certain reason?

I use to always get a legendary, and would find something to box. I don't do this anymore though

I dropped Salandit in Sun because I realized it would never evolve, since I was using a male one.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Yeah, Pokemon I want to use but have crappy natures or wrong ability, like a Heracross with a Modest nature and Swarm.

Guest123_x1

It's my standard procedure in each of the Pokémon games that I've played to eventually box certain Pokémon that I may have had early on in the game and replace them with others that I catch along the way, including legendaries. This, of course, leads to the situation where the starter's final evolution is the only Pokémon from early in the game that I still have on me when I challenge the Elite Four.

I wouldn't exactly say that it's wise to run through the entire game with just the final evolutions of early-route Pokémon such as Fearow, Pidgeot, Raticate, Noctowl, Butterfree or Beedrill, and others like them.

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I have no idea why I'm in this pattern, but I almost always drop exactly one and only one member of my team around level 25~30. Maybe I just tend to not quite do enough training, leaving one member underlevelled, but I think more often than not I'm able to catch a Pokémon with more useful types that makes one particular member unnecessary. No idea why this always tends to happen at the same level though.

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
The Tapu Koko I caught, I ended up having to box him since his electric attack was not good as the other electric pokemon I had in my team.

Years
I had to do this recently, much to my dismay. :( I was excited to use the new Dusk Lycanroc and a Mandibuzz in my US playthrough, but Lycanroc ended up being too frail to swap into anything (no good when I'm playing on Set battle style) and I decided I didn't want to raise Vullaby any longer as I hardly used it. Now, in their stead, I'm using a Sylveon and Incineroar, who hopefully fair better than their predecessors.

Back