• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Honestly, this is the first generation in which I don't like the grass starter at all!

However, I love Fennekin and Froakie! As of now, my first choice is Froakie, but if Fennekin's evolutions are better, I'll pick Fennekin instead.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I'm really hoping their final evolutions make sense to the rest of the line. I don't want something like this happening again:
Spr_5b_501.png
>
Spr_5b_502.png
>
Spr_5b_503.png

?????????

I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Once his awesome beard grew in, it overbalanced him and he couldn't be a biped anymore.

Guy

just a guy
Years
So far, as a whole, I'm a fan over the three starters. Chespin is probably my favorite of the three (made obvious by my current theme), but I pray, as well as for the other two, that their evolutionary line turns out well. I've seen some pretty amazing fanart so far for these three, which gives me hope GameFreak comes up with something good.

Tepig looked so promising in Gen V, but then it only got worse each time. Let's hope that doesn't happen again. ):

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Or kindle, a fire term meaning to start a fire.

Something else I thought of that could work is it's a combination of Fennec and kind, the latter which is German for "child", which fits the likely origin of its Japanese name. (It's more than likely from kindle, but still XD)

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I've always found it hard to judge the starters by first form. I absolutely loved Chikorita until it evolved, either time. I dislike all Gen 3 and 4. For Gen 5 I loved both Snivy and Tepig but looking at final forms Serperior and Samurott but hated Emboar.

As for now I will say Fennekin but I will wait until I can see the final evolved forms to make my final choice.

davyddhowardii

Pokemon World Champion
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 17, 2013
pokemon x and y: Starter types

Ive started noticing that the types the pokemon have, its what they look like, for instance infernape looks exactly like a fire fighting and swampertlooks like a water ground. So im guessing chespin will be a grass fighting, the fox fire/dark and froakie looks water/poison. And is it just me or does the fox looks alike a legendary then a starter?

Years
Grass/dark
Fire/Psychic
Water/Fighting

This is what it seems like to me, and these are my favorite starters so far.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Actually, from what I can see, Chespin will be either pure Grass or Grass/Ground, Fennekin will be pure Fire, and Froakie will be either Water/Ground or Water/Poison.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm afraid of Fire/Psychic, it still looks cute like Victini and same typing and such. :(

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
No need to worry, Fennekin won't be Fire/Psychic because past secondary types for starters are previously physical-based types prior to Gen IV. Psychic was previously special-based.

blue

gucci
Years
No need to worry, Fennekin won't be Fire/Psychic because past secondary types for starters are previously physical-based types prior to Gen IV. Psychic was previously special-based.

I wouldn't rule it out, there's always room for change and I'm sure many people would appreciate a Fire/Psychic starter as opposed to a Fire/Fighting type.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
It could be worse, Fennekin would end up being another Fire/Fighting starter with a similar bipedal appearance to Lucario and that one popular Digimon from the furry fandom.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Fennekin does look like it is capable of using Psychic attacks though it just might be a pure Fire type.

Chespin might be a part Ground or Steel type because it sort of looks like a Hedgehog and pins=steel?

Froakie will probably be a Water/Ground type because it is similar to Sesmitoad.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
Varying on the scene I saw on Fennekin attacking Kirlia, it must be a Fire/Psychic line. But I don't think that they would make the evolution line Fire/Fighting, but I hope it doesn't. Or I'd get ticked off of this. I mean, I know of the origins of the final evos on Infernape and Emboar, but they have to stop.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Can't non-Psychic types learn Psychic moves, especially by TM? Or are Psychic moves unique in that regard?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Can't non-Psychic types learn Psychic moves, especially by TM? Or are Psychic moves unique in that regard?

Non-Psychic types can learn Psychic moves by TM, breeding, or Move Tutors. Ninetales can learn Psyshock via TM, and Zoroark can learn Extrasensory via breeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back