• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Idea for Pokemon Game

Years
I wasn't sure which pat of the board to put this post in, but because it encompasses every generation, I thought this would be a good place. If not, mods feel free to move it to its proper location. Just as a disclaimer, I am basing this idea on the ability for Nintendo to make a game card/3DS that could hold this much memory and data on it, something they cannot do as of right now.

I was thinking about Ultra Sun/Moon the other day and how they could improve it by letting us go to Kanto, and in the process it came up with an idea for a completely new game, and I wanted to runt he idea past you guys to see what you guys think of it.

My idea is for a game where you can travel to all 7 regions of the Pokemon world, choose starers from each, battle each Gym, and catch the Pokemon native to each region. Here are some of the things I came up with in my head as to how the game would work:

- you can choose any of the 7 regions to start in

- after completing one region (becoming league champion/alolan equivalent), you can choose to either stay and complete any post-game activities, or you can choose to go to any of the other 6 regions and start a new journey there

I thought about how it would be unfair to lets say have a level 70 Decidueye and then bring him to face the first gym of Sinnoh, so this is what I cam up with for which Pokemon you can bring:

- first off, you get to choose a new starter in every region, and you can catch all of the Pokemon native to each region when you get there

- for bringing Pokemon over, the Pokemon you caught in the previous region to the one you are in now would be locked to that region. They would be locked there until you caught or raised a Pokemon in the region you are now at the same, or higher level than the Pokemon you wish to bring over. For example, if I had a level 50 Vikavolt in Alola, I would not be able to bring him to Sinnoh until I caught or raised a Pokemon there that was either at, or over level 50. This prevents people from bringing in a high level Pokemon and then sweeping everyone all the way to the elite 4, rendering the game no fun at all

- I think this method could be extremely cool, you would have your own special team for each region, and then you could bring along some of your favourite Pokemon when you got far enough in any of the Regions

- As far as travelling between regions, once you move to a new region you will only be able to visit regions you've already completed until you have completed the one you are currently in. If I started in Alola and moved to Sinnoh and then Kalos, I would be able to visit Alola and Sinnoh before completing Kalos, but no others. For flying Pokemon, they will only be able to fly within a single region, not to another region. You would have to take a plane or boat to do that.

- for legendary Pokemon, it would be the same as it is now. each region will have it's own native and roaming legendary Pokemon

- in each region, there will be a good storyline similar to the ones now, with new characters and rivals being introduced in each region. For example, Brock and Misty would be in Kanto, May and Max would be in Hoenn, Dawn in Sinnoh, and so on. It would mimic the anime but would revolve around your character

- after beating all 7 regions, there would be a large tournament similar to how the Battle Tree in Alola works. All of the greatest trainers/gym leaders/elite 4 members from around the Pokemon world would come and compete for the title of Pokemon master. I guess the entire main game would officially end when you become the Pokemon master. Even though the main game ends, there would still be plenty to do in every region as a post-game

- another thing that would make this game great, is that every single Pokemon would be able to be caught. There would be no Pokemon exclusive to events, each and every Pokemon would be able to be caught. All of the mythical Pokemon would have some type of special story built in for them around when you can catch them, similar to how Deoxys is caught in ORAS

- also, depending on the order in which you go to each region, some things may play out differently. If for example you started in Alola and then went to Kanto, you would meet back up with and travel with Lillie, alongside Brock and/or Misty. If you went to Kanto first, it would just be Brock and Misty

I think having a game like this would be incredibly cool. It would literally make each person's journey different from the next. On Nintendo's side, it would also buy them an extra year or two in making an 8th region. I feel though that if they were ever going to do this, it would be as a kind of trump-card if they ran out of ideas and would not be making a new region. This game would be a surefire bestseller and would be a great way to cap-off the Pokemon series, although I would hope they could release this and then work on new regions.

What do you guys thin about this? I think it would be the most incredible game ever, it it was possible to be made. Would you guys do anything differently or structure things differently?

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
That is unrealistic. Game Freak will never do a 7 region game. No way all mythical pokemon would be obtained in game. Also we won't be getting a lot of anime references in the game either. Basically this game will never come to existance.

pkmin3033

A multi-region game is something I would expect to see on the Switch, but not on the 3DS, and in the event that they did make a game like this, unfortunately I can't see it following the anime in any fashion - the anime is nowhere near as popular as it used to be in the days of Yellow, and given that GF have been pushing original stories on us since Gen V, it would be rather strange for them to reverse that.

It's a nice idea, and I think bits and pieces of it could be incorporated into future instalments in the franchise, especially on the Switch or the possible 3DS successor. But given that the 3DS is old hardware by now - even the new model - and has difficulty running SM at times...yeah. It'd have to be sprite-based to handle this now.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I do not see future multi region games. Sorry but i don't. It is better that GF sells a pair of games with one region because that makes more money. Multi region remains a Johto/kanto thing as far as i am concerned.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I had a similar idea the other day but put it on the backburner because I thought it wasn't realistic. Furthermore, it's not exactly something I could see being made for handheld or even console but more so for PC in a MMORPG type of setting like in WoW, EVE or some game where its a massively open expanse for players to explore. All 7 regions are open to you but you decide what region to start in and what path you want to take. You could decide to be a traditional Pokemon Trainer and battle each region's Gym's and enter their respective Tournaments or you could opt to do what May and Dawn did and become a Pokemon Coordinator. If you're into dancing and fashion, perhaps start out in Kalos and follow the path Serena took and work your way towards Kalos Queen(Alas, Males need not apply on this one). You could also decide to do both Pokemon Coordinating and battling the Gyms, hence taking the path of Nando from the anime(which I think Serena ultimately adopts as well).

It's not a bad idea but it would be a huge undertaking for a series that is over 20 years old and whose popularity is in decline. Warcraft was buzzing off the popularity of WC2 and WC3 when WoW debuted roughly 12 years ago(13 this November). Pokemon would need a massive revival before something like what you proposed above would have the light of day.

Back