• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

having trouble with a battle background in essentials

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 17, 2019
Hello everyone! I've been tinkering with some different battle backgrounds and know how to set it but no matter what I do the battle background always comes up massive. How would I resize it properly so that the image its not stretched out?

I attached the image I wanted to use as a battle back for this area. I've gone into scripts and tried different sizes for the battle background as well. By default it was on 3.5 - I have tried 3, 2.5, 2, and all the way down to 1 just to see

if someone can help give exact measurements or directions on how ti fix this I would greatly appreciate it

Attachments

• test_1_256x192.png
    test_1_256x192.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 14

PoCitMonster

DotDotDot
Years
try opening one of the default Battlebacks and copy yours into it so see how they compare in size if it's to big or small then there's your problem

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 17, 2019
thank you for the reply - I did that actually and it still didnt work right. It's not the size of the photo because the size is correct I think its 256 by 144? and still it comes out wrong

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 19, 2023
The Essentials screen by default is 512 x 384 so I believe your background should be this size as well - if you use a smaller resolution (there is a tutorial somewhere for doing this) it should be 256 x 192.

Back