• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Sigma Σmerald [v1.914]

Years
The fix for Tangled Feet is up!

You get a togepi as a gift pokemon sometime in the early game so I don't think having it as an egg late game makes sense.

Also will you add locations or a shop for buying held items? Like Scope lens, choice band ect

I already created and compiled a script that makes the Lavaridge lady function like in ORAS, where she gives you the Togepi egg after you have received the Wynaut and beat the Pokemon League. There shouldn't be any harm in having an extra available in-game :)

That will be done if newer held items are ever implemented (eg. Expert Belt, Choice Specs). Right now work is being put into expanding the number of newer abilities from Gen 4 onward. A held item shop is currently low priority, since they're accessible via the Battle Frontier shop anyway.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
The fix for Tangled Feet is up!

I already created and compiled a script that makes the Lavaridge lady function like in ORAS, where she gives you the Togepi egg after you have received the Wynaut and beat the Pokemon League. There shouldn't be any harm in having an extra available in-game :)

That will be done if newer held items are ever implemented (eg. Expert Belt, Choice Specs). Right now work is being put into expanding the number of newer abilities from Gen 4 onward. A held item shop is currently low priority, since they're accessible via the Battle Frontier shop anyway.

I know it's all obtainable from the frontier but having it somewhere before the Elite 4 will be nice in the future as even though there are a few items in Emerald having a vast quantity of pokemon and special/physical, more moves ect makes having more items a nice addition :p Will be looking forward to that.

Also do you plan on adding any of the move tutors to before the Elite 4? (Meaning the ones from Battle Frontier) and or have TMS available for some of them.

Anyway, Glad I'm going to able to follow the progression of this hack from nearly the beginning, going to be awesome to see how much it changes as you learn and implement more things.

giphy.gif

Years
I know it's all obtainable from the frontier but having it somewhere before the Elite 4 will be nice in the future as even though there are a few items in Emerald having a vast quantity of pokemon and special/physical, more moves ect makes having more items a nice addition :p Will be looking forward to that.

Also do you plan on adding any of the move tutors to before the Elite 4? (Meaning the ones from Battle Frontier) and or have TMS available for some of them.

Anyway, Glad I'm going to able to follow the progression of this hack from nearly the beginning, going to be awesome to see how much it changes as you learn and implement more things.
Your support really means a lot :) Thank you for that!

I have wanted to do that for the longest time, but it might take a bit due to how complex move tutor scripts are. Some moves that would be nice to add are the Battle Resort moves that are available on the current hack (from ORAS, listed on this page). Before the Elite Four would probably be the three elemental hyper beams. As far as I know, all Pokemon already have their tutor compatibility updated to Gen 6 from Tlachtli's Alpha 3.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 25, 2021
Thank you for solving the bug i found, but it seems i may have found a few more.

1. I can't seem to use a Trade Sim on a Feebas to evolve it into a Milotic - is it now a lvl up evolve?

2. After beating the E4 several times and talking to Prof. Birch, I don't receive the Eon Ticket to get the other Lati@s

Last edited:

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Thank you for solving the bug i found, but it seems i may have found a few more.

1. I can't seem to use a Trade Sim on a Feebas to evolve it into a Milotic - is it now a lvl up evolve?

2. After beating the E4 several times and talking to Prof. Birch, I don't receive the Eon Ticket to get the other Lati@s

The answer to question one is that Feebas is a pokemon that evolves when it has max beauty in generation 3, I don't know if that's been changed to be like the later games, but seeing as you cannot evolve it with a trade sim I would assume it still has it's mechanics from Gen 3.

Years
Kingdom of Tea is correct with the first question. The best Pokeblock berries for each category is sold at the Slateport market, so it shouldn't be as difficult to raise it.

You don't get the Eon Tocket from Birch anymore; check the encounter sheet! It should be 100% accurate for the legendaries. The roaming dogs haven't been tested though.

Years
Will Sigma Emerald have Mega Evolutions?
That's undecided; I'm debating between adding them once it's done, or keeping SE a "classic", yet updated Emerald game. As far as I know, development of a fully functioning Mega Evolution system for GBA hacks is still underway. It's available for FireRed, but implementing it requires programming knowledge (which I have very little of). Check out this thread.

Regarding today's update; because some hidden abilities have been added to Pokemon with branch evolutions, testing showed that sometimes they ended up with no abilities. The patch has been updated to fix that.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
FVKxaAW.png

Updated to the recent patch, went to get the Aurora/Eon tickets and the Old Sea Map, had no problems with the Mew event, but when I went to go for the other ones... this happened.

Years
FVKxaAW.png

Updated to the recent patch, went to get the Aurora/Eon tickets and the Old Sea Map, had no problems with the Mew event, but when I went to go for the other ones... this happened.
Is that from a regular Emerald save, or a Sigma Emerald save? The only thing I did was add scripts for the tickets to be obtainable. Note that vanilla Emerald saves won't work with the ticket events. It might be connected with what Tlachtli mentions at this page of the original SE thread, since he shuffled some flags for a3 (which made any previous saves act up). I had both the Aurora and Eon Tickets on hand when I played through, and the menu worked fine.

Last edited:

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
Is that from a regular Emerald save, or a Sigma Emerald save? The only thing I did was add scripts for the tickets to be obtainable. Note that vanilla Emerald saves won't work with the ticket events. It might be connected with what Tlachtli mentions at this page of the original SE thread, since he shuffled some flags for a3 (which made any previous saves act up). I had both the Aurora and Eon Tickets on hand when I played through, and the menu worked fine.

A sigma emerald save started from scratch since your first update.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
That's undecided; I'm debating between adding them once it's done, or keeping SE a "classic", yet updated Emerald game. As far as I know, development of a fully functioning Mega Evolution system for GBA hacks is still underway. It's available for FireRed, but implementing it requires programming knowledge (which I have very little of). Check out this thread.

Regarding today's update; because some hidden abilities have been added to Pokemon with branch evolutions, testing showed that sometimes they ended up with no abilities. The patch has been updated to fix that.

I know some people may not agree with this but why don't you change the pokemons typings to be that of their mega evolutions, that is if their typing changes, E.G: Altaria, Charizard, Gyarados ect. I know you've already done it on Sceptile but others would be nice as well.

Years
Tinted Lens, Filter, Solid Rock, and Simple have been added into the game! Expert Belt will be implemented whenever I figure out how to insert the sprite and palette.

---------------------------------

A sigma emerald save started from scratch since your first update.
I'll consult with Tlachtli and see what can be done about it. I've managed to replicate the glitch, but only on a regular Emerald save.

I know some people may not agree with this but why don't you change the pokemons typings to be that of their mega evolutions, that is if their typing changes, E.G: Altaria, Charizard, Gyarados ect. I know you've already done it on Sceptile but others would be nice as well.
Sceptile's typing hasn't been changed :\ Personally, I've never been a fan of changing types in hacks. Doing so might cause some unintended changes in balance.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Tinted Lens, Filter, Solid Rock, and Simple have been added into the game! Expert Belt will be implemented whenever I figure out how to insert the sprite and palette.

---------------------------------

I'll consult with Tlachtli and see what can be done about it. I've managed to replicate the glitch, but only on a regular Emerald save.

Sceptile's typing hasn't been changed :\ Personally, I've never been a fan of changing types in hacks. Doing so might cause some unintended changes in balance.

Must have been in Theta then, I have been playing both so sometimes I may mistake 1 hacks feature for anothers XD. And I know that a lot of people don't like type changes because of it causing issues, but it is an alternative to not having Mega's in!

Can't wait for the new updates! Especially the expert belt, where are we going to get it?

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
Apologies if this has already been asked, but will you consider pokedex expansion for this hack? I've been loving Theta Emerald's 650 pokemon, but every other feature of this game seems perfect, and some of the wild encounter locations in Theta Emerald are a bit questionable... I'd love to see a more polished version of that which also features some of the really nice stuff in your hack.

Years
Can't wait for the new updates! Especially the expert belt, where are we going to get it?
It's up now, though the expert belt isn't included yet :) (the date beside the download link will change whenever I put up a new patch)

Apologies if this has already been asked, but will you consider pokedex expansion for this hack? I've been loving Theta Emerald's 650 pokemon, but every other feature of this game seems perfect, and some of the wild encounter locations in Theta Emerald are a bit questionable... I'd love to see a more polished version of that which also features some of the really nice stuff in your hack.
It's definitely a possibility, but for now I want to get as many of the Gen 4+ abilities/mechanics into the game as possible. Animations might come back as well once the Sugimori palette resource is complete.

Years
It's up now, though the expert belt isn't included yet :) (the date beside the download link will change whenever I put up a new patch)

It's definitely a possibility, but for now I want to get as many of the Gen 4+ abilities/mechanics into the game as possible. Animations might come back as well once the Sugimori palette resource is complete.

First post!!!

Personally, I'd prefer that you update the game mechanics before that nothing (like the original concept of this game). I'm glad that you've taken up this project, you're doing great.

On the other hand, some errors that can be corrected with any move editor:

pin missile 85-->95(acc)
thief 40-->60, 10-->25(pp)
crunch --> -Def. chance
knokc off 55-->65

sorry for any english mistakes

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023

Nice one! Thanks for getting back to me on this. I really hope it happens eventually!

Back