• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Give STAB to a type that isn't the move's type?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 20, 2020
EDIT: Fixed! I changed the code to work on a pokemon-by-pokemon basis, rather than type.

Spoiler:

Hi,

I made a Gell type, and I'm in the process of making a signature move (Magma Sauce) for Slugma/Magcargo and a gravy fakemon. I wanted it to be a Gell type move that dealt Fire type damage instead. Originally I was going to try for dual-typing, but Gell and Fire cancelled out on pretty much all the 2x and 0.5x modifiers. So I want this move to be Gell type and deal Fire type damage instead.

I made a separate type (and gave its graphic a half-red half-green color), but now I want to make sure that Gell type pokemon get stab. It's still a Gell move. Slugma though, loses its Fire/Gell typing when it evolves to Magcargo for Fire/Rock, so I also want it to have stab through Fire.

Magma Sauce's Description:
"Deals Fire type damage instead. The power is boosted if the user is Fire or Gell type. May leave a burn." 65 Power, Special.

I tested it out on a rattata with slugma. I can't tell if it has 1.5x or not, but ember seems to be stronger.

I want to know if I did the coding correctly (I don't code, I just thought this would work):
Spoiler:

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Back