• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: Pokémon Fire Red Hacked Engine

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
special 0x18C closes it whatever special 0x18B brings up.

Source: Original show fossil script.

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2019
Um no, I was asking how could I use special 0xcb, its got nothing to do with you haha.

in any case, the GBA can only display sprites of 64x64, any larger and it has to be a tilemap. You just need to use the hidepokepic command to hide the sprites you display with special 0x188.

I better use hidepokepic to close it... I having more question to ask... I want to make a script for example player battle with a Mew, after battle makesure player have catched Mew or not, if uncatched going to rebattle. How to make scripting it? I played Pokemon Ash Gray battle with Bulbasaur's it used this script, and I need it too. ><

Another question, how to make a uncatchable Pokemon? I played Pokemon Ash Gray it also having this function, I thinks JPAN Fire Red Engine can do it.

Sorry for my bad english. ><

Thanks you very very much. >< :)

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
I better use hidepokepic to close it... I having more question to ask... I want to make a script for example player battle with a Mew, after battle makesure player have catched Mew or not, if uncatched going to rebattle. How to make scripting it? I played Pokemon Ash Gray battle with Bulbasaur's it used this script, and I need it too. ><

Another question, how to make a uncatchable Pokemon? I played Pokemon Ash Gray it also having this function, I thinks JPAN Fire Red Engine can do it.

Sorry for my bad english. ><

Thanks you very very much. >< :)

To repeat, special 0x18C closes what special 0x18B brings up.

As for the battle that makes you catch something, that can easily be done with scripting. The patch is not needed for that.

As for the uncatchable pokemon, read JPAN's tutorial that comes with the hacked engine. It's a special that activates it, and it explains how to change it and such in that word document.

munchhack

Advanced Scripter
Years
Can anyone please explain to me how to use the Firered Hacked Engine? I would like to insert more ow's, and more palletes and don't know how. Please PM me if you know how.

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
Can anyone please explain to me how to use the Firered Hacked Engine? I would like to insert more ow's, and more palletes and don't know how. Please PM me if you know how.

It's all there, you just need to know your terminology and read very carefully. It's all in the guide that comes with it. For overworld editing, I believe you have to set one of the unknown bytes for the overworld to the correct overworld table number, and pallets are set up with your new table (I think).

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2016
As I understand, this cuts off compatibility with the Start Map editor, so where would I go in the Hex Editor to change the start map?

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
I have a question, and this might sound stupid cause i'm a little new but how do you add more sprites to advanced trainer? I am pretty sure you can do that using this hack engine but i'm not sure how :S

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2012
hi ive been hacking and setting up my game without the engine for a few weeks and the only reason is because im having trouble loading other programs like smca and any other editorsr besides advance map. they all come up with "runtime error 380" or something like it.
so my question is am i missing something after putting the engine patch on?
ive read the readme as in skimmed mostly for info but seems to be info for using it after its applied right. looking forward for a reply thankyou.

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2014
I'm trying to install this to add more OW palettes but when it gets to the variables for Dynamic OWs promptbox it can never progress when I put in a free variable. Am I missing something?

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
I have a question, and this might sound stupid cause i'm a little new but how do you add more sprites to advanced trainer? I am pretty sure you can do that using this hack engine but i'm not sure how :S

That's a completely different thing that what this patch does. This patch expands the OVERWORLD table. If you wanted to add more trainer sprites, you'd have to repoint and expand the trainer sprite table as well as the trainer sprite animation table.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
So just to confirm, the .ips and tool perform the same job right? Because I get an unhanded exception when running the tool though parallels.

also, why so dead thread? o_0

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2017
Is ist possible, to make the Tools and patches avalible for German Firred and other Languages? It shouldnt make too much work, just ROM-Offset researching i guess..
Awesome work duide :D

TorNyan

Hacker
Years
I'm trying to install this to add more OW palettes but when it gets to the variables for Dynamic OWs promptbox it can never progress when I put in a free variable. Am I missing something?

Same problem here. Not only with the OW hacks though. For example:
Choose the variable for the wild pokemon level switch
. Tried different variables between 4000 and 4100.
I'll just use the ips file instead, if its true that the ips applies every engine hack provided.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Choose where you go when you die, even if it's not a pokecenter.

this i want, though i don't know how this works? do i just patch it or what cus the folder isn't really self explanatory

like i see the whole apply special program but is there a tutorial and guide cus the pokecenter thing i want really badly

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Choose where you go when you die, even if it's not a pokecenter.

this i want, though i don't know how this works? do i just patch it or what cus the folder isn't really self explanatory

like i see the whole apply special program but is there a tutorial and guide cus the pokecenter thing i want really badly

This is FR exclusive, and JPAN is gone. So here, apply the patch, then use the tool to customize. Choose FREE variables, probably might want to use Jambo's flag/variable extensions. Then you're not done. The first town (pallet town) doesn't warp properly, so fix it with a-map 1.92. then you're good.

Back