• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
But you'd think a Joltik could be easily squashed. I don't know how a tiny spider could even survive being splashed by a Magikarp. Same thing with Caterpie and Weedle, and maybe Wurmple, I can't remember its size. But yeah, most Bug type Pokémon are way bigger than their real life counterparts. Just imagine getting stung by a Beedrill... I can see why in the anime everyone runs in terror whenever they see a wild one.

Years
Like it's been said though, the biggest problem with stepping on a Joltik is that I imagine they'd give you a pretty good shock for doing so (much like a bee or wasp might sting your foot for stepping on it). Granted, 4"/10 cm is still pretty noticeable, so while it still is the smallest Pokemon, I don't think too many people would go stepping on them.

As for the Pokemon that would live around my house, I'd expect to see quite a few Murkrow and Wingull. My neighbors also have a chicken coop in their backyard, which would be infinitely cooler if it contained Torchic.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
The size of a tarantula + can send out electric waves if threatened + can eat electricity in general = quite a force to be reckon'd with!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I might try to have my Pokémon scare them away, but I'd never step on Joltik. I've never, ever stepped on a spider in real life (not even accidentally), and I'm not planning to. It's just too cruel for me, haha. Also, Joltik are just too cute! How could you hurt such a thing?

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Speaking of Pokepark 2, the things I loved most about it is the Dance attraction and HOLY CRAP ALL MY FRIENDS ARE HELPING ME WITH A PORTAL HOLY CRAP THE ARMY OF POKEMANZ.

Yeah, that stuff pretty much made the game for me.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I hate spiders! But Joltik is okay cute and Ariados is okay cool. I generally despise bugs, but bug pokémon are some favorites of mine. Pokémon are just a bit better than animals, sometimes, haha.

I never played a Poképark game. I do want to pick up PMD2 again though. It was nice.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Speaking of Joltik, there must be hundreds of them crawling around my yard. I can't stay outside for more than five minutes without walking into a cobweb :P

Years
Joltik is a very cute Pokémon indeed, and it amazed me to see how small it was when shown in the anime.. I had thought they were bigger than the size of them in the anime, but then again, official artwork and sprites don't help to that :P

(inb4 people say I could have looked at the height of one)

Years
I also hate spiders.. maybe fear is the right word here... But Joltik is super cute and I love it more when I say it in the anime where Ash's Oshawott took it as it's Scalchop by mistake and it zapped him afterwards. Speaking of Ariados makes him my nightmare

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I dislike Ariados. I would have been absolutely terrified if I had seen one live and in-person. ): I don't think I'd catch one, either, since it wouldn't be too helpful to me during battles. This Pokémon could be countered very easily, it's very weak to entry hazards, and its stats are quite low. Also, due to its limited movepool, you wouldn't be able to come up with a good moveset for it.

I would catch Ariados only if I was on a mission to complete my PokéDex.

Years
I dislike Ariados. I would have been absolutely terrified if I had seen one live and in-person. ): I don't think I'd catch one, either, since it wouldn't be too helpful to me during battles. This Pokémon could be countered very easily, it's very weak to entry hazards, and its stats are quite low. Also, due to its limited movepool, you wouldn't be able to come up with a good moveset for it.

I would catch Ariados only if I was on a mission to complete my PokéDex.

Same with me too Ashley. I'd never catch an Ariados for anything other than dex filler. Its stats and movepool suck, and that Bug/Poison typing has been pretty overused for generations now. Galvantula on the other hand is pretty damn cool with those Compoundeyes-boosted Thunders with 91% accuracy and that unique Bug/Electric typing.

And Joltik is like so awwwwww...

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Ariados isn't really that awesome to me either. If they ever made a contest-based Pokémon Game Style, I think I may consider it in that well that it isn't just cut up enough.

Speaking of which, I feel that this is always the case with older generation Pokémon. The new Pokémon get everything, because they have advanced moves and strategies that have evolved through the years in consideration. Only a few are future-proof, and that's because of Dream World. Like Salamence and Blaziken, but then it's rare to find an awesome Pokémon in the older games. The main reason is the stat distribution and type linked physical-special moves. They can't fix Flareon now, and Gyarados has improved ever since they introduced Aqua Tail and physical-special split. The only way out is moves now, since stats are out of the question.

blue

gucci
Years
Ariados was my second ever Pokémon to reach Level 100, I think it's an awesome Pokémon and for that reason I think it will always stay with me as one of my all time favourites tbh.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Nooes. If you don't keep your head in the gameworld alone, Ariados is pretty cool. In a manga it used its web to confuse and incapacitate opponents like a boss.

More love for bug pokémon, overall. Speaking of which, or something, I stumbled upon a pretty cool pokédex over at deviantart.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Buterfree cyborg. Rightly said, more love for bug Pokémon. Popping in the heads of the other types that come along with it, however, we have quite formidable Bug types. Heracross, Scyther, Larvesta, Skorupi... but that Buterfree over there seems like a Mega-Mega Evolution. The only problem I have is that it's not cute. XD
But that Nidoking looks just beast. I recommend you guys to check them out as well!

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
That butterfree was AMAZING. I laughed when I saw that Machamp was holding lightsabers. He's like a pokemon General Grevious (I think that's how you spell it).

Getting back to Ariados for a minute, I met a trainer online that had made a competitive Ariados set that could quite literally sweep numerous teams, if it weren't for priority. I encouraged him to come here and post his team in the battle center so he could revamp his team specifically to make Ariados sweep, but he never came, tragic. :(

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I see what you mean. Does that mean Lucario is Luke Skywalker? Like, that's pretty funny.

Seeing that Ariados is a Johto Pokémon, I still feel it would have been better had it come in a later generation. It would be cool for Ariados to have Electroweb, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back